breathing is important but mindstate is the most important factor. in qigong you go into a meditation state just like with bagua and taichi. the movements move chi to where the movement is supposed to move the chi. it does this all on its own. and is only helped by staying in a meditative state and perfecting your form.

I believe that is the ancient notion for the general public. The majority always have the upper hand but the minority ends up with the hidden demystified understanding.

• Like 1

What I find most enlightening (pun intended) about these threads (and TTB is littered with them over the years) is the marked contrast between the views stated by those who have been shown & practice daily vs. the views stated by those who read about it (whether they think they practice or not).

It is very much like listening to some smart teenage virgin boys discussing the finer points of sex after reading an older brother's Penthouse magazine... ;)

• Like 5

I'm sooo gonna come troll it :D.

Ditto.

Or I might just do one of these: 187.gif

Me 3. What if all the people there were trolls from here and not knowing each other, it could be fun =)

What I find most enlightening (pun intended) about these threads (and TTB is littered with them over the years) is the marked contrast between the views stated by those who have been shown & practice daily vs. the views stated by those who read about it (whether they think they practice or not). It is very much like listening to some smart teenage virgin boys discussing the finer points of sex after reading an older brother's Penthouse magazine... ;)

BAM!

• Like 1

What I find most enlightening (pun intended) about these threads (and TTB is littered with them over the years) is the marked contrast between the views stated by those who have been shown & practice daily vs. the views stated by those who read about it (whether they think they practice or not).It is very much like listening to some smart teenage virgin boys discussing the finer points of sex after reading an older brother's Penthouse magazine... ;)

i couldnt have said it better myself! in the morning i meditate for an hour and practice taichi and bagua for 15 min a peice, in the evening i do an hour of martial arts (muaythai) 30 min of conditioning exercises and meditate for an hour before bed. 5 days a week thats my schedule on weekends just meditation and internal arts (nei gong and wei gong) healing and streatching. imagine what its like to hear some couch potatoe book bum tell me i have it all wrong...

• Like 3

.e.

Edited by skydog
  • Like 3

I believe that is the ancient notion for the general public. The majority always have the upper hand but the minority ends up with the hidden demystified understanding.

Are you referring to the minority who have never had any direct neigong instruction from a qualified teacher and have learned by trying to understand neigong practice through books?

I see you all got the 真傳 from your sifu(師傅).

Yes

PS - No hard feelings at all but it's frustrating to watch you post so much misinformation. I've tried to discuss things with you in the past but it has never been productive so I just tend to post warnings when you make inaccurate statements about Taiji, Neigong, meditation, and so on…

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

Chi dragon I like you man, but breath is one way of working with energy, it is very powerful and some people ascribe it as the only way but its not the only way

Thanks! I like your modesty too.

May I say that "breath is one way of working with energy" and is more effective than "breath is no way of working with energy"...???

• Like 2

Yes

PS - No hard feelings at all but it's frustrating to watch you post so much misinformation. I've tried to discuss things with you in the past but it has never been productive so I just tend to post warnings when you make inaccurate statements about Taiji, Neigong, meditation, and so on…

"Inaccurate statement" is only relative. Have you been noticed that I have not use these words against you to have some lead room and leave it open. I know in the past, according to you, the only thing you have against me is that all my readings are inaccurate. In addition that I don't have any practical experience. The most of all, I have no complete knowledge about any of the Wu Gong stuff.

We all have frustrations but no patience. Don't you think that others might have the same frustration without displaying it. Something if I don't agree I just ignore it but why all the frustration. Besides, how would you know that somebody might be laugh at you and said how little does this guy knows?

Edited by ChiDragon

Are you referring to the minority who have never had any direct neigong instruction from a qualified teacher and have learned by trying to understand neigong practice through books?

I think that I had made myself very clear in the previous post. The majority is the "general public".

Ken, by neigong, will you also be including other systems of neigong aside from the obvious? I think it would be cool if you did :).

• Like 1

Ken, by neigong, will you also be including other systems of neigong aside from the obvious? I think it would be cool if you did :).

Of course. That is of course if I end up creating it in the first place. I'm still not sure if I will.

• Like 2

Of course. That is of course if I end up creating it in the first place. I'm still not sure if I will.

if you do make sure there are ground rules for discussion so that it isn derailed in the first two minutes its open lol

Just get a Personal Practice Forum here at TaoBums and label it NeiGong Forum and have your go at it.

You're Moderator of it.

If you get disgusted of it, one click "Delete" and it's a forgotten memory.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 3

So what news is out there about mopai level 3. I see the levels 1 & 2 are out but not the next one.

Who did jim mcmillan choose to take over etc,

Thanks,

According to the magus book, if one just practices level 2, he eventually reaches the stage where chi can "Jump" out of the body into another if they touch ?

Thanks

If you get disgusted of it, one click "Delete" and it's a forgotten memory.

So what news is out there about mopai level 3. I see the levels 1 & 2 are out but not the next one.

Thanks,

According to the magus book, if one just practices level 2, he eventually reaches the stage where chi can "Jump" out of the body into another if they touch ?

Thanks

:ph34r:

Thanks,

How's Brisbane this time of year? ;)

• Like 1

pure truth is that you

Edited by skydog
  • Like 2

There used to be someone from Australia who posted here and ripped people off by claiming to sell Mo Pai manuals, so whenever a new member from Australia posts in a Mo Pai thread, she assumes they're a scammer and starts making insinuations to that effect :P Don't worry, I got the same treatment.

BKA, what you really need is to bring one of the mods in to help you, then you can do good cop/bad cop.

• Like 1

There used to be someone from Australia who posted here and ripped people off by claiming to sell Mo Pai manuals, so whenever a new member from Australia posts in a Mo Pai thread, she assumes they're a scammer and starts making insinuations to that effect :P Don't worry, I got the same treatment.

BKA, what you really need is to bring one of the mods in to help you, then you can do good cop/bad cop.

From Brisbane specifically. Most of them did turn out to be sock puppets of said member too. You checked out fine though Aeran :). I just like to make the membership aware of who is from Brisbane in case one of these folks starts offering up fake MP manuals or something...

• Like 2

Yes, by definition, Neigong is to build up the internal body strength. Indeed, that is what Hard Qigong does. Besides, all methods require breathing and muscle tension in order to generate the internal strength. Neigong is to enhance one's ability to generate the internal body energy by the emphasis on deep breathing and muscle tension. The execution of the Neigoong of the practitioner depends on the amount of Chi Kug(UMB) practice and one's tuition. One should be able to focus on every muscle in the body in order to perform Neigong effectively. Focus means the ability to feel and control every muscle in the body.

The triple face palms are cute, but this is mostly correct. I was a student of one of the worlds most powerful nei kung masters for eight years so I observed a few things.

Someone who has mastered nei kung should be able to feel, control, flex, and/or cause to twitch or tremble any of the individual voluntary muscles in the body. In other words, you can make on little spot on your thigh twitch, not the whole thigh

However the prat about using tension is either incorrect or misleading. In our system we NEVER caused tension that wasn't a normal result of one of the movements, and never with the breathing either, because you can't cause breathing tension with normal activities except for one, and that's a secret.

People who do hard sytle chi kung have a tendancy to die young.

• Like 1