I guess so. However in Chang's case I think he not only knows exactly what he's talking about, but also knows how to teach it.

that may be true, my opinion is based on those who diseminated the information which is lacking and full of holes. not to mention they never mastered much of the system to be able to explain it properly.
  • Like 2

If you were told what Neigong is, will you able to recognize it or understand it or accept it as you were told without continuing on a wild goose chase....??? I don't think you know what you are after because you're just don't know even you were told what it is. Period.

• Like 1

Ken,

I strongly suggest the IQ test as requirement.

IQ is irrelevant to forum trolling and assinine discussion, IMO.

• Like 2

Seems like Mo Pai and Nei Gong are two terms that sure do kick off some hostile postings on TTB.

Mo Pai I can understand having been around in the past when that was a hot topic on TTB.

Mo Pai arguments tend to run along lines that someone says they know what it is and then someone else says " No that's not what it is at all."

Why Nei Gong though?

From what I've seen there are Nei Gong teachers out there who have a good rep.

This guy for example.....

http://chutaichi.com/neikung.shtml

OK so someone can say.." That's NOT Nei Kung" but we can all see what it is we are discussing from the guy's website, references, testimonials and such and he's been going for years.

We can't do that with Mo Pai though because the only info we have is from a very few books in English about it from way back written in the pre- internet era.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Nei Kung is an internal system of Chi Kung, employing slow, deep breathing and requiring a relaxed physical stance and mental attitude.

This is very vague statement to begin with. It is confuse as hell. It can fool the Western public but not the natives. There was no such thing as an internal system of Chi Kung. Chi Kung is stand alone without any subsystem under it.

"employing slow, deep breathing and requiring a relaxed physical stance and mental attitude" is Chi Kung rather than Neigong. If people accept this as gospel, then they had started with the wrong foot. Neigong is a complete different system. Neigong is related to Chi Kung because of the breathing requirement. Neigong is requiring more physical stress on the muscles, after Chi Kung has been accomplished, to produce the immense body strength.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 3

IQ is irrelevant to forum trolling and assinine discussion, IMO.

High intelligence is required to be able to participate in highly intelligent discussion.

A major difference between Chi Kung and Neigong for easy understanding.

Chi Kung breathes with the muscles relaxed.
Neigong breathes with the muscles not relaxed.

• Like 1

Dorian I would remove that image quickly if I was you or I might have to put my mod hat on

High intelligence is required to be able to participate in highly intelligent discussion.

what high intelegence is is always up for debate!

what high intelegence is is always up for debate!

+1 if you spelled that wrong on purpose :). (if not just ignore this post, firefox helps me with my spelling lol)

• Like 1

Iq test is pretty worthless when it comes to energy

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

• Like 4

Do you think Neigong is closer to Hard Qigong as they have similar practices of breathing,tension etc ?

Thanks,

Actually I have figured out logical proof that the theory of mo pai yin chi theory is wrong..

apart from just being an obviously extremely honest person that says I feel energy buzzing at my feet but apparantely that doesnt mean much

anyone who is proficient enough with healing will feel energy in their hands, this cannot be considered a hallucination or delusional, honestly if you cant feel energy in your hands you have zero right to comment on what is placebo and what isnt.

Now a healer can transmit energy to another person with or without a shoe or tons of material between the other person, this has little effect on an energy transfer

in the same way, if the connection is strong enough between the feet, which are like the hands aand the earth then the transfer of energy between earth and the person should be only very slightly affected by some materials and or distance

Now here is another logical argument there are six to seven people here all of who have much experience in qigong or are qigong teachers 10-20-50 years experience most likely healers and doing hours a day of strong practices, now why is it that they all disagree with thunder gooch.

Why would a person who said he trained with john chang then go and learn from someone else and reccomend ya mus program and stillness movement,

why would a student of mo pai a actual one from indonesia strongly urge thunder gooch to stop spreading misinformation and discrediting their school

Conclusion = Your definition of yin chi is different than that of Mo Pai's. :)

• Like 2

Conclusion = Your definition of yin chi is different than that of Mo Pai's. :)

=> PLACEBO "YIN CHI"

• Like 1

Do you think Neigong is closer to Hard Qigong as they have similar practices of breathing,tension etc ?

Thanks,

No, at least not how I have been taught each, though there would likely be a little overlap.

• Like 1

yup

Edited by skydog

Thanks,

Yes, by definition, Neigong is to build up the internal body strength. Indeed, that is what Hard Qigong does. Besides, all methods require breathing and muscle tension in order to generate the internal strength. Neigong is to enhance one's ability to generate the internal body energy by the emphasis on deep breathing and muscle tension. The execution of the Neigoong of the practitioner depends on the amount of Chi Kug(UMB) practice and one's tuition. One should be able to focus on every muscle in the body in order to perform Neigong effectively. Focus means the ability to feel and control every muscle in the body.

You might be interested in this:

Ref: http://thetaobums.com/topic/34049-zazen-dazuo-and-meditation/

Edited by ChiDragon

Yes, by definition, Neigong is to build up the internal body strength. Indeed, that is what Hard Qigong does. Besides, all methods require breathing and muscle tension in order to generate the internal strength. Neigong is to enhance one's ability to generate the internal body energy by the emphasis on deep breathing and muscle tension. The execution of the Neigoong of the practitioner depends on the amount of Chi Kug(UMB) practice and one's tuition. One should be able to focus on every muscle in the body in order to perform Neigong effectively. Focus means the ability to feel and control every muscle in the body.

stooges-facepalm_320x245.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone of you have any refine details beside scratching your heads. Please give some fine details how have you been practicing and what are your results..!? Let me hear your side of the story besides just your objection and say "no".

PS....
In your own words, please! So, I know what you are talking about other than some else's words.

Edited by ChiDragon

Anyone of you have any refine details beside scratching your heads. Please give some fine details how have you been practicing and what are your results..!? Let me hear your side of the story besides just your objection and say "no".

PS....

In your own words, please! So, I know what you are talking about other than some else's words.

Why bother?

You'll just tell us why we're wrong according to your books and how we don't understand the importance of breathing…

yawn.jpg

• Like 2

Who all would be interested in participating in a nei kung forum?

I think it's a better idea to look for hardcore moderators ...

o-the-troll-hunter-trailer-images-featur

• Like 2

breathing is important but mindstate is the most important factor. in qigong you go into a meditation state just like with bagua and taichi. the movements move chi to where the movement is supposed to move the chi. it does this all on its own. and is only helped by staying in a meditative state and perfecting your form.

• Like 1

Why bother?

You'll just tell us why we're wrong according to your books and how we don't understand the importance of breathing…

You didn't bother. You had said it all. ;)

Thank you very much! :)

PS....

Let's leave it at that with no hard feelings....!!!

Edited by ChiDragon