Sign in to follow this  
skydog

The power of editing your posts to keep your heart open or be more yin or less firey

well this takes balls to keep here and im going to be yin

Edited by skydog

AH I just figured out a cool mantra

Your kind of posts always bug me

I allow other people to have their own interpretations of what I do and say, regardless of whether it fits my own without needing to challenge their opinion and assert my opinion or try to change their opinion to be how i see it and want it to be, as I am safe regardless of whether people interpret who I am or what I say in a certain way, that is their own choice and I allow them to be who they are with love, knowing I am safe and protected to be who I am and dont have to have anyone agree with my interpretation in order for myself to believe in my own view of myself.

Wait I have another thought

I want to share wisdom I do have, while I still have a lot to learn and fear that by sharing the fact I dont know certain things or am learning this makes me look stupid and my reputation look bad, so certain things I do know will not be received well and this will all be a waste,

wait why do I need to share my own self healing with others, what if it is part of life that people will not accept the status of a student and learner and Id rather just be a student and learner whos knowledge is less accepted than a pompous know it all fake who receives some recognition for the ideas they share.. what if it is natural that some things you share will be accepted and some things you share will not be, what if it is not meant for some ideas to be accepted, what if people only think of one as a guru if they perfect their self image so it seems they are never confused or dont know something, isnt that just a projection people have..

well I guess to answer your question I am going through a period of deep introspection and purification and solitude and pay attention to the words that come out of my so called mouth as it heavily affects my energy, when I was eating meat non stop for 3 months in mexico, I really wouldnt care what Id say, but now I try to be watery and focus on my vibration, intuitively I feel when by posting something I will receive a lot of negative energy that I dont feel I could handle or would rather not, or would cause me to become very yang making me much more firey and yang, which is something I choose not be..

haha

yep a lot of opening up here I guess

or intuitively i feel a post would cause a lot of disharmony and offense

or came from a place of a small few minutes in a day of much lower emotional state which will then influence the rest of the day and how i feel

or I post something in a more negative emotional state and receive some intuitive messages afterwards that what Im saying is not good for a certain reason and it may have just been influenced by a more negative emotional state of frustration or anger or shame or something, which I choose not to focus on or allow to stay there as it affects my current emotional feelings and energy

wait I guess theres more

mabe I post something and then It gets posted and the right person sees it and intuitively I know when theyve seen it even if it is an anonymous person because my heart then feels a certain way and I have to remove it to avoid leaking too much light which makes me yang

or Ive said a few things earlier in the day which express pride, and maybe got carried away which tends to be a greater habit for a person like myself with expressive gifts which can be seen as over expressive occasionally and then decide that posting something will make me too yang and ruin my energy and id rather just delete it

The people on here represent a very small and specific sect of society. Other's opinions and comments on here are just that. Feel comfortable within yourself for what you express. Ground out the energy you don't like. Your own experience counts, you couldn't begin to cater for each individual in here, let along each individual in real life.

Keeping your heart open or whatever you want to be is your choice, theres no need to tie it down to what others express on an internet forum, even in a real life experience for that matter. If you want to make it easy put yourself in an environment that will make it easy to feel how you want to feel. It is all for the present time, anyone can change their mood or thoughts at any given time.

The real world is not a cushion it is the real world. Family and close friends are more of a cushion and padded pillows. If thats what you desire then thats where to look.

I relate to alot of your posts generally and i think you have a solid understanding of what you explain. In these posts you seem confused and unsure. Find out the underlying reason and work through so you become confident once again. Nobody knows everything and everything is subjective, and so people usually just post on things they feel confident about at the time.

Find the beginning of the string and measure from there, it's impossible to get an accurate measure from anywhere but an end.

My reflex (sometimes) is to write nastier and angrier then appropriate. In my case, editing is a good strategy.

Lately, I find myself writing more about other posters than practices. It's so easy to get caught up in the mini-social world of taobums, spending time reacting to other people and then dealing with other's reactions to me. There's always someone saying something offensive, and constructing elaborate intellectual takedowns can become quite the hobby.

The question, of course, is whether that's really a good use of my time. Beginning to think maybe it's not.

Unlike in "real" life, the edit button allows us to take back--to an extent--words spoken in haste that don't reflect our best selves. Mostly, I think that's a good thing.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

I always found it quite interesting reading threads on TTB, especially some of the older ones. A lot of posters go back and delete all their posts in entire threads, so there's nothing but " . " I sometimes wonder why they go back and delete their messages, whether they think they said too much, or they changed their opinions or weren't expressing themselves in the right manner. I sometimes wish we could go back and do that with conversations in real life.

I sometimes second-guess myself after posting things. I suppose because whatever you post, it's open to misinterpretation, and sometimes it's just not worth the time and energy to have to explain yourself.

Again, much like real life.

Ramana never had these problems :P

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this