awarenessrules

Vagus nerve or governing channel or something else?

Hey guys i need some help,Whenever i meditate or do breathing exercises then i experience a painful energy movement late at night around 1:00 am.I feel very hot energy moving on the right side of my spine on the outside reaching right side of neck and head( right hemisphere) and finally right side of face.I dont know which channel is it? I thought it was the governing channel but the governing channel runs on the mid of the spine (outside) not the left or right.Is it the right vagus nerve? or some thing else and why it only runs on the right and not the left side? And how can i activate the left side? And why is this energy so hot,How can i cool it? Anybody experienced the same?

Thanks

It is the reverse for females, but if you are male, put your left ring finger on your left nostril and breath "rough prana" out the right nostril, then put the right ring finger on the right nostril and calmly and gently breath in "soft prana." Remove your finger, savour the breath for a bit, and then gently exhale. Repeat as desired.

According to Tibetan traditions, the right channel (in men) is white and is where the negative prana and emotions flow, while the the left channel (in men) is red and is where wisdom and calm and positive prana flow. The central channel (in both men and women) is blue and is much wider than the other two. This is where non-dual rigpa awareness of the yet-to-be distinguished moment resides, according to Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche in "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep."

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 1

Thanks for reply,I think you are talking about ida and pingala channels,Both these channels does not run along the neck and back of head,They run straight from perinium to the 3rd eye on the left and right side of sushumna central channel in the center of the body.What i experience is movement on the outside of spine only on the right side running through the right side of neck,head and face.Governing channel also has the same path but it runs on the center of spine on the outside reaching the mid of forehead.I am really confused...

The closest thing to energy meridians might otherwise be the liver and gallbladder meridians which run near the side of the spine and then up the neck and around the face on both sides of the body, but it is not a straight path, and I don't know enough about that to suggest any treatments, other than something very basic like noting that they are both wood element, so you could maybe offset their energy them with metal/the breath/lungs. Of course, this corresponds to basic advice of breathing to help relax the tension.

I suggested the above exercise as a way to attempt to clear and balance the heat, sort of a qi gong approach but taking into account the other channels.

• Like 1

All of the regions you describe feeling symptoms in are covered by the path of the governor meridian as described in the Yellow Emperor's Inner Classic (though other meridians are more closely associated with these regions). Attached is a graphic illustrating the totality of the description.

Acupuncture charts and mannequins almost always exist only to display point locations. As such, not only do they omit any channels and collaterals that are inside the body or lack points, but they also "connect the dots" in a highly simplified manner that is convenient for remembering point location, but does not reflect written record of meridian flow found in the classics. If you want to combine your practical experiences with study of TCM meridian theory, you need in-depth charts and translations of the classic narrative descriptions. I am not sure if there's an English textbook with such detail, but I'd guess there probably is.

post-20122-0-48740000-1396318990_thumb.jpg

Edited by Walker
  • Like 2

All of the regions you describe feeling symptoms in are covered by the path of the governor meridian as described in the Yellow Emperor's Inner Classic (though other meridians are more closely associated with these regions). Attached is a graphic illustrating the totality of the description.

Acupuncture charts and mannequins almost always exist only to display point locations. As such, not only do they omit any channels and collaterals that are inside the body or lack points, but they also "connect the dots" in a highly simplified manner that is convenient for remembering point location, but does not reflect written record of meridian flow found in the classics. If you want to combine your practical experiences with study of TCM meridian theory, you need in-depth charts and translations of the classic narrative descriptions. I am not sure if there's an English textbook with such detail, but I'd guess there probably is.

Thanks,So how do i activate the left side?