Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Break off from E vs C: Whose conception of Heaven is best?

I was paging through the E vs C and thought I'd take this tangent.

If you had to pick a heaven amongst the various religions, what would it be?

I'll start: Judaism is all over the place on the after life. Biblically there's a somber Sheol, reincarnation, mass resurrection, back to dust.. Which later moved towards heavenly 'World to come'-much like earth but nicer. and immortal. However it seems an evolution towards bodyless soul at one w/ God. Sorta basking in the ultimate. Seems like Catholicism has been moving in that direction too.

In someways would be pick impersonal basking in Oness vs Classical ourselves in heavenly place? I suspect we don't pick, still between those two.. in the short run I'd pick myself in a heavenly settting. In the long run I suppose I'd go for basking.

I was paging through the E vs C and thought I'd take this tangent.

If you had to pick a heaven amongst the various religions, what would it be?

On the level of belief .... 'whatever' ;) ;

Unto them from whose eyes the veil of life hath fallen may there be granted the accomplishment of their true Wills; whether they will absorption in the Infinite, or to be united with their chosen and preferred, or to be in contemplation, or to be at peace, or to achieve the labour and heroism of incarnation on this planet or another, or in any Star, or aught else, unto them may there be granted the accomplishment of their wills

Sign in to follow this