TheExaltedRonin

In light of my mod squad attack and argument on the Taoism Board,

I recommend something.

I have always been fought, attacked, degraded and more for following the original texts.

When I was Muslim, when I was zen, when I was a Mahayana Buddhist, and now a taoist.

A lot of people tend to disagree with my now unorthodox view on the texts. I attempt to follow the texts and nothing more. Nothing added to the sect after the original texts etc. I don't do alchemical taoism, mystical, etc. I just follow what the TTC, HHC, and zhuangzhi practice. Simple, no boundaries.

I know nothing. I have said that many times here. Many people seem to misunderstand what I say. Mainly because its a "traditional" view. I admit I need to work on conveying my messages.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the arguments. I enjoy seeing people become irritated and express their true nature. It helps me and the opposer to better understand each other.

After being threatened by the TTB mods and re reading my posts I understand this place a bit better.

Now, my suggestion is simple. Allow mobile and desktop users to select a sect, school, etc. Of taoism or any other branch and post it to their profile.

For example mine would be:

TheExaltedRonin

Traditional Taoist

More would be:

X member

Mahayana Buddhist

Alchemical taoism

X School

Or whatever else they would like to add. This would present a layer of authenticity. I believe the main semantic arguments held between me and many other members is not understanding our background.

Many people have been here for a long time and I personally am not willing to dig past 10000 posts to see what they think and feel.

All of the communication here on my part and my opposer's parts is the heart of misunderstanding.

I enjoy seeing people become irritated

Exalted Ronin,

Is this really true? If so, I think it goes to the heart of the conflict you've been experiencing.

As far as your suggestion of allowing people to post their allegiance to a particular sect or school on their profile....well, I don't see what harm it would do. On the other hand, there's lots of places where you can post that information already if you like. Lots of people have their interests listed right underneath their name, and people see them with every post. Others have external links with every post that allow people to see, well, whatever you'd like them to see if they are willing to click.

I find that when bums want other people to know their practices and point of view, and are willing to stick around for any length of time, people tend to get the picture. Take, for instance, BaguaKicksAss. Pretty much everyone can tell you at least one of her main interests. (Hint: it starts with a "B")

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

Hi Ronin,

Excellent comment from BKA.

And yes, it would be nice if we all could properly identify ourself but many of us don't even know what we are.

I have a number of times identified myself as an Atheistic Neitzschian Materialistic Anarchist Taoist. All these beliefs are part of my belief system.

And then we have our signature area where we can further identify ourself as well as our "Interests" area.

Ya but see I'm on mobile so none of that is viewable.

And seeing people irritated is a harsh presentation. I like to challenge peoples views until they start to show their true nature. I guess its my own personal test if you will. You can't lose or pass, I just get to understand you better.

But why take the 'irritating people' path? There are so many other paths to walk that would lead toward friendship and sharing rather than alienation and/or dislike. The destination would be the same.

• Like 3

See where it says "Grand Marsupilami" above my avatar picture? You can change that to say whatever you want.

On the top of the screen, click on your name.

In the dropdown menu, select User Settings.

In the Profile Information section, under the option to edit your About Me page, there is a box for Member Title.

After you've typed in your title, scroll to the bottom of the screen and press Save Changes.

You're welcome. :)

• Like 5

and

the compulsion to step in a calm puddle can be intense...

i get to express experience my impact...

my power...

my realness...

Edited by silent thunder

ExaltedRonin....

If you like to challenge people, people will feel challenged. Just sayin'. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your personal style. If that's how you want to be, that's the way you get to be.

Just understand that there will be consequences. Not everyone will want to be challenged the way you want to challenge them. Not everyone will pass your test, or even be interested in taking it.

If there's a problem with irritation, I find that eating when hungry, sleeping when tired, and soothing music, helps.

• Like 1

But why take the 'irritating people' path? There are so many other paths to walk that would lead toward friendship and sharing rather than alienation and/or dislike. The destination would be the same.

I lead a life of fair isolation. I mean I work, have friends and am married but I have no concern with making friends here. I want to learn and evaluate.

You can't get good results trying to learn from people if you don't challenge them. The results won't be the same.

ExaltedRonin....

If you like to challenge people, people will feel challenged. Just sayin'. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your personal style. If that's how you want to be, that's the way you get to be.

Just understand that there will be consequences. Not everyone will want to be challenged the way you want to challenge them. Not everyone will pass your test, or even be interested in taking it.

Consequences? Like what? Mod squad? LOL

Consequences? Like what? Mod squad? LOL

While I don't particularly like it, 99% of all forum rules at the internet, include sentences like: "You agree to not post something that is derogatory, inflammatory, insulting, obscene, inappropriate, degrading, annoying, repetitive, or start with the letter Q." This is why the "mod squads" are knocking at your door: We are all here because we've agreed to act "civilized" toward eachother. Sometimes that's hard, especially when we want to convince people, but at least we need to make an honest effort.

• Like 3

While I don't particularly like it, 99% of all forum rules at the internet, include sentences like: "You agree to not post something that is derogatory, inflammatory, insulting, obscene, inappropriate, degrading, annoying, repetitive, or start with the letter Q." This is why the "mod squads" are knocking at your door: We are all here because we've agreed to act "civilized" toward eachother. Sometimes that's hard, especially when we want to convince people, but at least we need to make an honest effort.

I was uncivilized because I challenged the norm thought? Please.

Of course you have faced interpersonal consequences. You just choose to project them onto others. This is not an unusual reaction and is one I suspect we can all identify with to some extent.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 5

I've been this way all my life and haven't faced any "consequences".

Oh, what did I do to get sucked into this one? Clearly the time has come to stop posting on Taobums and start cultivating. Liminal out.

• Like 1

I was uncivilized because I challenged the norm thought? Please.

I have absolutely no idea what this argument is about, or if you're innocent or not. I'm just saying that laughing at people getting irritated, without the slightest regard, and refering to mods as essentially bullies, might not be the best of tactics. I've tried to see if the mods are up to no good at this forum, and so far I've not seen any misconduct. Again, I might be mistaken. I'm just saying "Let's not go completely nuts here, okay?".

• Like 3

~~~ MOD ACTION ~~~

As of now, TheExaltedRonin is on restricted posting while mods review the issue.

This restriction allows the mods to PM with TER should that be needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there's a problem with irritation, I find that eating when hungry, sleeping when tired, and soothing music, helps.

I have no time for all that I'm too busy reading about some guy who wants a diploma.

• Like 5