Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

At training today...

I have the understanding that the right place for me to train wherever I am, is in fact the most suitable school for wherever that place is - The style itself matters less than the place/teacher being the best all round fit.

$0.02 on Martial Arts training (plus the monthly fee).

Thanks.

• Like 2

Hey, there you are!

do I know you?

No, but that's where you are, right there! :lol:

• Like 3

One morning I turned up early for training, no one about, the river was up high to the grassy bank of the park, looking upstream the river was shrouded by mist and overhanging trees, the sky was a brilliant azure behind the mountains in the background, the air was fresh and crisp, patterns in the dew of the freshly mown grass followed the movements of my feet.

One person came by and noticed , they took a photo up river of the view.

I mostly train outside ... if it is inside, I will surreptitiously try to move it outside. Not many people train with environment.

I grew a pet thistle in my training circle :) , a training partner (who trained in bare feet) took weeks to realise .

If your sword shadow is pointing at your opponent at a right angle to his face, when you strike the sun will be in his eyes.

"Shall I coil the hose up and put it away so we have a clear space to train on the lawn?"

"No"

" But our feet might get tangled up in it and trip us up." ..... :)

- where ever you find yourself .... thats where you are .

• Like 2

Nungali, I've only ever been part of clubs that train indoors, but I do freestyle training when I'm out walking at night, at the beach, whatever. Creative practice on my own is showing benefits.

I love training eku and empty hands on the beach ... at night, just makes it better :)

Training in hip-high surf - great. Also in river rapids ... I found that good for Aikido training exercises.

Once I was practising Rohi (the 'heron form') by the river and a heron landed and started hunting nearby. So I stopped the from and practised watching ... outdoor training offers many 'opportunities'.

• Like 2

Aye, practicing in moving water is a very good idea for aikido. Especially the kihon dosa and kamae if your branch has those.

Sign in to follow this