Sign in to follow this  
Swedman

Gretings from Sweden!

I live in the town Umea in northern Sweden.

I have been interested in meditation and healing and wants to increase my energy to help my self and others.

I also had an whiplash accident 11 years ago and got problem with tiredness, bad sleep and pain after that.

I am also interested to learn more about personal and spiritual development.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will now be able to post freely and give yourself an avatar should you so desire. Before getting started however we ask that you take a look at the two posts pinned at the top of the forum and read the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ Things are pretty easy going here and this covers all that you need be aware of.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Hello Swedman and greetings from a little south of you :-)

I have some contact to a Swedish firm in a little town called Markaryd. The Swedes that I know are all incredibly wonderful people.

Thank you Chang and Cosmic Ex Pat!

Yes Swedish people are mostly friendly, sometimes a bit shy in the beginning when meeting strangers.

Sweden have many immigrants from around the world and I think it is an advantage.

We also had a Chinese Qi Qong teacher in Umea before. I think he have moved to a smaller Swedish city now.

In the Northern Sweden the winter is long but we have much nature and many lakes.

Northern Sweden also has little crimes.
In the northeast parts of Sweden the sun newer goes down in the summer:

Here is a video about Sweden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJA_neqOnj0

Video about Umea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1_uv2rqg3w

Umea European Capital of Culture 2014.

Lights Over Lapland the Aurora Borealis Experience
  • Like 1

Oh, I really want to visit sometime soon. My wife is the one with the direct contacts, and she'll probably be invited soon. I hope I can go with her :)

Oh, luv the moose. Are they all tame like that? :-)

This was a tame one. The one who's talking is probably his "zoo" keeper.

People commonly hunt them for the meat, so while I don't know, I'm guessing that it's in their best interests to not be friendly around humans. Their "crown" (horns) can be used to toss people up into the air like a tractor shovel. ...but I think they mainly eat berries.

• Like 1

No, this moose has been living inside a fence since he was small.

Male moose can be aggressive in the autumn when they are searching and maybe fighting for female moose
Normally they run away.

But if you sit in an car you can come close to them if you are careful.
It also depends if they can smell you or not.

I came 30 meters from an wild moose one night when I was walking on an road.
I have seen tracks from moose 20 meter from my house but not seen them.
Mostly you see them in morning or evenings.

Moose that is close to houses were they find food can attack but it seldom happens.

• Like 1

Their "crown" (horns) can be used to toss people up into the air like a tractor shovel. ...but I think they mainly eat berries.

haha, I was joking with my dumb question. I know they're dangerous, more dangerous than bear.

I have a second-party anecdote: A friend went on a moose-hunt in Canada. The guides brought him to a place where two forest tracks crossed, told him moose use the tracks, and gave him a pair of artificial antlers to clack together, to attract a moose. The theory was pretty simple - when a moose comes, he should shoot. And the guides said to expect the moose to come up one of the tracks.

So he was there alone with his artificial antlers and rifle, clacking away, to attract a moose.

After a while (I forget how long it took, but it was a while), he heard a noise in the forest. It wasn't coming from one of the tracks. It was a loud noise. A thundering noise. And then a noise like a tree being knocked down, and suddenly Bullwinkle on steroids leaped out in front of my friend, who was of average human height, meaning pretty puny compared to a raging bull moose with a hard-on, and shot a few dozen cubic meters of steam out of his nostrils in my friend's general direction, stomped the ground, lowered his head and charged!

My friend dropped his silly artificial antlers, dropped his rifle, and ran like hell into the woods. He heard trees falling behind him but he didn't look back. He just kept dodging behind bigger trees and hoping Bullwinkle would lose interest quickly.

And basically, that's what happened. The moose sensed immediately that he had won and quickly turned around and ran off in search a better opponent.

Oh yeah, it was brooding season, of course. The point of the clacking antlers was to signal that there were two bull moose fighting over a babe.

And the guides laughed themselves silly when he told them the story. It almost seemed like a set-up, hmmm...

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

A women got killed by a moose in Sweden in the forest. They think it was here small dog that upset the moose first.

They can kick with the front legs or use their horns if they have.

A few hunters has been killed an injured by bears in Sweden.
Here a small bear makes a fake attack but the man do the right things:

This you can not do any longer at Kolmården zoo.

One of the female animal keepers was killed when she was alone with 5 wolfs in the park.

This guy is not Swedish and it is in Africa. Don't do this at home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUftybGP9kk
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this