Sign in to follow this  
outis emoi y'ovoma

Here and now mean different things on the internet

i am joining this forum because i want to connect with people who are aware of the possibility of enlightenment, and who have decided to address their own lives towards that goal. I am very passionate about the ability in each of us, here and now, to discover the new understanding of ourselves which people have called enlightenment. i believe that our ideas about what enlightenment might "look like" in ourselves are causing us to miss the point that enlightenment is that which is looking. i believe that freedom is our natural state, and that all sense of unfreedom is caused by our exclusive attachment to our own personal little self. i believe that freedom dawns when we discover that we have never been the person who we are.

I believe this to be a discovery that requires no specific sadhana and no amount of time, and i believe that we are now called to be our own gurus and take the direct path to our own enlightenment, our own realization of our own falsity, so that we can begin to play our parts with greater joy and less seriousness and the absence of poisonous competition. so that we can color outside the lines, and take the parts that call to us from all the different spiritual paths and teachers, and create our own sadhanas, and work in our own lives towards the full expression of our little self, our free personality, which will be the same thing as coming to rest in the infinitude of the nondual self.

I believe that the creativity inside yourself is god, and i believe that each of us as individuals are here to express something very important, and i believe that the only obstacles we ever encounter are the ones we have put there for us to grow by transcending them. and i want to meet people who are as excited about this process as i am... the spiritual path has become my fun and my full-time-job and my vacation home and my career, and i know that there are others who feel this way too.

i think the whole thing is more simple than we give it credit for; i think the answer is always "both." I think that liberation is something which can occur in any life and at any time, and i want to share my impressions of our potential in conversation with others who are interested strongly in this. i think we are a rare breed. This is my first time since my fat-kid days in highschool that i will be using a forum, and i really wish the world were full of our kind and we could meet in a shared timespace, but i am excited to meet your minds, and i am excited to have found you.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will now be free to post but before getting started we ask that you take a look at the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and read the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of as a Newbie.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Sign in to follow this