Sign in to follow this  
Fer

Problems in the Visualization of the Microcosmic Orbit

Just as an aside: this thread, to me, really exemplifies TTB at it's very best. No snarkiness at all. Just someone honestly reaching out for assistance with an open heart (interestingly), and being given genuine assistance in the same spirit. Refreshing.

• Like 5

Fer - if you're interested, I could write instructions for a pretty simple qigong movement specifically for the heart, and a partner exercise for the small intestine (the partner organ/meridian of the heart).

Also, heart-specific walking qigong.

Good morning Soaring Crane!!

Thank you so much for your kindness.

You are most welcome and please go ahead with your instructions. After 3 days I continue with the fibrillation but I am ready to start with this specific Qigong for walking and the small intestine. A hospital will be the very, very last option.

So please, I remain here in guard for your instructions.

All the very best,

Fer

He Fer - I just scanned youtube to see if the exercises that I know would be there, because a video is so much more effective than text. But it isn't there.

I did however come across this, and I think it might be very good for you. Self-massage:

I'll be back later, have a good day!

PS - with walking, walk slowly and relaxed, really loose and conscious of your movements, heel to toe, hold the hands in light fist, and with each step, when the balls of a foot are weighted, press the middle and ring fingers into the Laogong points (basically, when stepping with the left foot, gently clench the left fist and vice-versa).

Try to breathe in harmony with the rhythm of your walking.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

Thanks, thank you so much !!. I am very grateful and enthusiastic for your suggestion. I will get into the instructions today; I know the guy, who seems to be very professional. I guess is Macich his last name. I wont be here today but I will report to you as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, a hug !!

Fer

Hi Fer - it's actually easier to make a video than to write out a bunch of text. This is the simple movement for the heart meridian. Before practicing it, familiarize yourself with the meridian (I assume you already know it anyway).

It starts with 'fanning the fire in the breast'. You can also do this as a stand-alone exercise. You would generally do it until you clearly feel a 'ball of gentle, loving fire' begin to swell in the chest cavity. The 'fanning' motion is exactly that - fanning the little fire, to help it grow. So, you should try to angle the hands/fingers as though there really were a little fire there.

In the step where the 'bowl' is extended, you should try to feel into the meridian. You'll see me move my hands and arms while holding this position. This is only to demonstrate that the the practitioner at this point would 'play' with the position until the meridian really 'wakes' up. You have to find the best position for yourself.

Keep it soft, keep it gentle. Avoid stretching.

An important step comes when the palms/Laogongs are opened to the front. In the video, I hold this for a few seconds, but you can hold longer. This is directing heat outward, you have to go with intuition to decide how long to hold this. Palms are forward, but the wrists are not 'locked'. Keep them soft.

Last point, kind of funny, if you can see it, there's a clothes line right at the top of my head (that was just coincidence). Observe the top of my head in relation to the clothes line.You'll see that I'm gently rising and sinking - this is in harmony with my breath. I'm not suggesting any strict in-out-in-out breath routine, but do try to incorporate your breath (gently) into the movements.

The 'wave' motion is actually coming from my pelvis, Elvis.

And that's about it.

Small intestine not really that important at this stage. See how this one feels to you.

And if you feel bad - go to the doctor, please!

Peace

oh yeah, the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d7RTGbYAq8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What works for one cultivator may not work for another but FWIW this works for me.

Observing the Qi moving dispassionately / mindfully without getting hung up on the 'how, where or why'.

It seems to 'flow' better when I cultivate mindfully so as , hopefully; not to let my 'monkey mind' cause any blockages.

• Like 2

Hi Fer - it's actually easier to make a video than to write out a bunch of text. This is the simple movement for the heart meridian. Before practicing it, familiarize yourself with the meridian (I assume you already know it anyway).

It starts with 'fanning the fire in the breast'. You can also do this as a stand-alone exercise. You would generally do it until you clearly feel a 'ball of gentle, loving fire' begin to swell in the chest cavity. The 'fanning' motion is exactly that - fanning the little fire, to help it grow. So, you should try to angle the hands/fingers as though there really were a little fire there.

In the step where the 'bowl' is extended, you should try to feel into the meridian. You'll see me move my hands and arms while holding this position. This is only to demonstrate that the the practitioner at this point would 'play' with the position until the meridian really 'wakes' up. You have to find the best position for yourself.

Keep it soft, keep it gentle. Avoid stretching.

An important step comes when the palms/Laogongs are opened to the front. In the video, I hold this for a few seconds, but you can hold longer. This is directing heat outward, you have to go with intuition to decide how long to hold this. Palms are forward, but the wrists are not 'locked'. Keep them soft.

Last point, kind of funny, if you can see it, there's a clothes line right at the top of my head (that was just coincidence). Observe the top of my head in relation to the clothes line.You'll see that I'm gently rising and sinking - this is in harmony with my breath. I'm not suggesting any strict in-out-in-out breath routine, but do try to incorporate your breath (gently) into the movements.

The 'wave' motion is actually coming from my pelvis, Elvis.

And that's about it.

Small intestine not really that important at this stage. See how this one feels to you.

And if you feel bad - go to the doctor, please!

Peace

oh yeah, the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d7RTGbYAq8&feature=youtu.be

Good Morning Soaring Crane !!

"... it's actually easier to make a video than to write out a bunch of text."

Indeed !!.......... The video came out simple and clear, introduced by a concert of birds under the conduction of the beautiful song of a spring blackbird. The birds concert and the bells only are a healing force !! It has been a pleasure the unfolding of this continuous, highly concentrated movement that I have been rehearsing slowly, so that I can be aware how my heart and my body is reacting to this qi gong. Of course should be some alarm sign I will go to my doctor at once. So far so good !!!

Let me thank you gratefully and I will report on the advance.

Fer

PS. Does the stance finish at the 1.56 minute or is it continuing......?

Edited by Fer

Indeed !!.......... The video came out simple and clear, introduced by a concert of birds under the conduction of the beautiful song of a spring blackbird.

and a little white dog :-)

.....every good, responsible pup starts its morning shift with a general inspection...it seems all is fine in the world !!!

• Like 1

To all concerned: Now the atrial fibrillation is gone. I follow your advises in a daily practice and Tom Bisio's book is on my way. My gratitude for your invaluable help. You are real wizards !

The very best of Life !

Fer

• Like 5

To all concerned: Now the atrial fibrillation is gone. I follow your advises in a daily practice and Tom Bisio's book is on my way. My gratitude for your invaluable help. You are real wizards !

The very best of Life !

Fer

Best wishes Fer ... for continued good health.

• Like 1

There are also some good heart exercises in Stephen Chang's Complete book of internal exercises. Excellent book, and last I saw, I picked up a few copies for like 7 bucks a pop and gave them to my brothers :)

• Like 4

There are also some good heart exercises in Stephen Chang's Complete book of internal exercises. Excellent book, and last I saw, I picked up a few copies for like 7 bucks a pop and gave them to my brothers :)

Greetings joeblast !

I have Dr Chang book, a 1986 edition. Do you know if further editions are just re-editions of the 1986 one, or has it been updated ? I was checking at Amazon and I could not get it clear.

Ciao,

Fer

Hey Fer, yes the newer one does have more stuff in it. I first found the older one while waiting for a massage a few years back and said cripes I have to buy this! :D

Hi all. As far as I am aware the latest copy of "The Complete System of Self Healing" has a white front cover, the next oldest has a emerald green front cover and they are almost identical except for an added piece of text in chapter 7 on how the steam rises from the stomach (internally). I think that's all.

www.northstarmeditation.co.uk

Sign in to follow this