SonOfTheGods

I Sense a Coming Change At This Forum

The whole calling it shoving a copper wire up your ass comments get pretty old though, and it`s extremely disrespectful. Just because it doesn`t float your boat...

It's just a joke, but you are right.. that sort of thing doesn't float my boat :P

But in all seriousness a while ago I bought a grounding sheet I could sleep on and use for meditation, I used it for some time but personally found it greatly disturbed my sleep and amplified any issues around electricity, so it seemed to do the complete opposite of what it is meant to. I ended up giving it up and things have worked much better without it.

• Like 1

It's just a joke, but you are right.. that sort of thing doesn't float my boat :P

But in all seriousness a while ago I bought a grounding sheet I could sleep on and use for meditation, I used it for some time but personally found it greatly disturbed my sleep and amplified any issues around electricity, so it seemed to do the complete opposite of what it is meant to. I ended up giving it up and things have worked much better without it.

So what is a grounding sheet? What is it made of? :)

Grounding sheet gets plugged into a 3 pronged ELECTRIC OUTLET

Having electrical issues, of course you will

Grounding with Electric Outlet and YI Qi is different

IMO/IME

I pulled the 2 prongs out of a plug and just used the 3rd prong grounding prong and plugged it into the socket

samething as you- issues

plus- my wife beat my ass when she seen what I did :D

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Its an interesting thought, do people who live up in high buildings have worse health or Qi than those who live closer to the ground? I think humans would look a bit different if nature intended us to be always grounded to the earth, we would probably have Hobbit feet so we wouldn't need shoes.

I go barefoot much of the time.

My feet are supreme nudists.

For me, walking barefoot is a form of prayer.

• Like 3

I go barefoot nearly all the time too.

I got big flappin' hobbit feet.

UK size 11.

But you're making me feel really bad now about sounding facetious with the penny up my arse remark.

But I thought it was clear that I was actually seriously interested.

And I always sound facetious!

I don't think I can not sound facetious even if I try!

I just wouldn't be able to resist it.

You know the only thing I can't resist is temptation.

So, sorry.

Remember Ronnie Corbett in Sorry?

I loved that show.

I could really relate to his funny little character going "sorry" all the time.

Man, Ronnie Corbett cracks me up.

I always loved his chair routine too...

Er..

Rambling off!

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

IMO/IME

I pulled the 2 prongs out of a plug and just used the 3rd prong grounding prong and plugged it into the socket

samething as you- issues

Something plugged in that covers that much of your body space while sleeping? Sounds horrid! I mean for me personally.

Well did you at least say thank you mistress when your wife did that? :D

• Like 2

So what is a grounding sheet? What is it made of? :)

It was something like this http://www.groundology.co.uk/earthing/grounding-sheets which is a cotton sheet which has conductive silver fibres woven into it. You do connect it to the electrical outlet but the points on the plug with the electrical charge are just rubber and not connected to the sheet which is meant to be only connected to the earth part of the socket.

• Like 1

But you're making me feel really bad now about sounding facetious with the penny up my arse remark.

Look at the bright side of things-

if someone says you have your head up your arse, you can say I have more common cents up my arse than you do :D

• Like 1

IMO/IME

samething as you- issues

Yeah but according to the instructions and all the books and stuff written about it it should just connected you to the earth aspect of the plug, which should be the same as having a long cord attached to the ground, but either it doesn't work or the wiring is screwed in my house. Thinking about it if my wiring is screwed its probably pretty dangerous and I should get it looked at.

It was something like this http://www.groundology.co.uk/earthing/grounding-sheets which is a cotton sheet which has conductive silver fibres woven into it. You do connect it to the electrical outlet but the points on the plug with the electrical charge are just rubber and not connected to the sheet which is meant to be only connected to the earth part of the socket.

some people use that to discharge static around their computers etc

Optional accessories: opt_socket_tester.jpgSocket Tester opt_extension_cord_3m.jpgExtension cord - 3m opt_extension_cord_12m.jpgExtension cord - 12m

Kinda kills the whole "going back to Nature trip" LMAO

Fabric with interwoven sterling or .999 pure silver threads????? If so, I can think of a few hundred magical uses for such material if cut up and sewn into different shapes! ;)

Yeah but according to the instructions and all the books and stuff written about it it should just connected you to the earth aspect of the plug, which should be the same as having a long cord attached to the ground, but either it doesn't work or the wiring is screwed in my house. Thinking about it if my wiring is screwed its probably pretty dangerous and I should get it looked at.

I never ever wanted to agree with Thunder_Gooch, LOL, but it really works :)

yeah get your wiring checked out

I go barefoot nearly all the time too.

I got big flappin' hobbit feet.

UK size 11.

But I thought it was clear that I was actually seriously interested.

And I always sound facetious!

I don't think I can not sound facetious even if I try!

I just wouldn't be able to resist it.

You know the only thing I can't resist is temptation.

So, sorry.

Remember Ronnie Corbett in Sorry?

I loved that show.

I could really relate to his funny little character going "sorry" all the time.

Man, Ronnie Corbett cracks me up.

I always loved his chair routine too...

Er..

Rambling off!

More just that there have been such comments on the board for ages and that they might be sort of hurtful to folks who actually do practice in such ways... just having folks think about it a bit :).

• Like 3

some people use that to discharge static around their computers etc

Optional accessories: opt_socket_tester.jpgSocket Tester opt_extension_cord_3m.jpgExtension cord - 3m opt_extension_cord_12m.jpgExtension cord - 12m

Kinda kills the whole "going back to Nature trip" LMAO

Also the people you live with start looking at you a bit funny when you start sleeping plugged into the electricity.

Fabric with interwoven sterling or .999 pure silver threads????? If so, I can think of a few hundred magical uses for such material if cut up and sewn into different shapes! ;)

I would mail it to you but seeing as it is also a used bed sheet its probably not such a nice present :)

I might test my wiring and try give it another go, I could be converted to the the grounded Yin Qi theory after all

• Like 2

Also the people you live with start looking at you a bit funny when you start sleeping plugged into the electricity.

I would mail it to you but seeing as it is also a used bed sheet its probably not such a nice present :)

I might test my wiring and try give it another go, I could be converted to the the grounded Yin Qi theory after all

Oh if you don`t want it, please do mail it to me! :) I would happily pay shipping!!!!

I wonder why they didn`t use copper?

Strange; today I had a visionI sense a coming change at this forum!

I wonder why @ThePrisoner got banned. Everytime I turn around someone's been banned lol.

EDIT: Nevermind I just read Brian's post.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 2

So really the metal are toching your skin. I thought that using clothes as cushion is OK?

So really the metal are toching your skin. I thought that using clothes as cushion is OK?

No it's best for the metal to come into direct contact with the perineum point.

Edited by KenBrace

I never found this comfortable but KAP and Glenn Morris recommended sitting on your heel edge, when sitting cross legged. This heal to perineum modification sealed up a leak spot. For me it felt uncomfortable and made my foot fall asleep faster. Others reported success with it.

I never found this comfortable but KAP and Glenn Morris recommended sitting on your heel edge, when sitting cross legged. This heal to perineum modification sealed up a leak spot. For me it felt uncomfortable and made my foot fall asleep faster. Others reported success with it.

Wouldn't just clenching the area cover this?

Longmen Pai recommends rolling up a towel and stuffing it there to impede leakage.