Fer

Master Chunyi Lin

I would like to know if there is some biographical data about master Chunyi Lin. Particular about his age. This is not a frivolous matter for me. I just want to make sense of a Master who looks so young maybe due to his Qi Gong mastery, with something he told in one interview, that it was Qi Gong practice that freed him from depression by the time the Cultural Revolution was going on in China. This historical events happened between 1965 and 1976; I speculate that for that time he was perhaps a young adult in his early 20's so now he possible might be running near his 70's !! Am I wrong ? I deeply admire his work and his approach to the Qi Gong practice and would like to confirm that it is the mastery of the internal arts that keep him so young. But I prefer to rely on the factual history and not on my speculation.

Any insight will be appreciated,

All the very best,

Fer

I don't know exactly, but his life story is in his book "Born a Healer" which is a book I liked very much, I think he was a child during the Cultural Revolution so probably not in his 70s yet

• Like 4

In a interview done with Chunyi Lin in June 2007, he stated that he was 49. Based on that, that would make him around 55 or 56 now. That would indicate he was born around 1958 or 1959. Chunyi Lin also stated in that interview that he first started learning qigong in 1988 from a qigong master who was from Shaolin, when he brought his wife to the master for treatment for lumps in her breasts.

Here's a picture that somebody posted of Chunyi Lin from 2013, and he is listed as being 55 years old. Chunyi Lin pretty much looks his age of 55 years old in this picture.

chunyi-lin_main.jpg

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 1

In a interview done with Chunyi Lin in June 2007, he stated that he was 49. Based on that, that would make him around 55 or 56 now. That would indicate he was born around 1958 or 1959. Chunyi Lin also stated in that interview that he first started learning qigong in 1988 from a qigong master who was from Shaolin, when he brought his wife to the master for treatment for lumps in her breasts.

I may have also read that Chunyi Lin was healed (on the soccer field gathering?) by master Yan Xin, but it is just hearsay. Certainly seems like that gathering was conducted in the same manner as the typical large gatherings of Yan Xin.

I typed his name in intellius once and I believe it said he was born in 1958. Also just from memory from his book - he learned Qigong, Tai Chi, and Kung Fu in highschool. When he was a slave for 5 years after high he said the Qigong always made him feel better when he was being worked to death. Later in college he learned Qigong from a nun because he wanted to heal his parents. He had bad arthritis in his knees from basketball - and because of this went to see the Qigong Master in the soccer field and was 85% healed. After the soccer field healing he began practicing for 2,4, and 6 hours a day. Then later did the 30 day cave meditations.

• Like 1

I don't know exactly, but his life story is in his book "Born a Healer" which is a book I liked very much, I think he was a child during the Cultural Revolution so probably not in his 70s yet

Seconding "Born a Healer", excellent book for all interesting in qigong.