TheExaltedRonin

One "issue" I have with this site.

All of the damn scholars.

I mean seriously. You all claim to practice taoism yet there is no simplicity and everything discussed is convoluted and invaluable.

I mean really. Many discussions are harpered back and forth, back and forth when all I see is a argument of semantics.

Take a look at all my past threads. Has no one here actually read the TTC? Tao of pooh? Chuang Tzu? Etc.

It saddens me. No offense to Christians but it seems like the user base here is more geared towards hypocrisy than aligning with the tao. (Not that I'm any better, I'm useless.)

And of course some users are excluded from this.

• Like 3

Why the need of a forum to learn from when you have drop dead gorgeous places like:

rk63xe.jpg

20r9pac.jpg

And our 'little friends' will teach you quite a lot:

30agdua.jpg

:wub:

• Like 8

I mean really. Many discussions are harpered back and forth, back and forth when all I see is a argument of semantics.

Take a look at all my past threads. Has no one here actually read the TTC? Tao of pooh? Chuang Tzu? Etc.

IMO The semantics are in a big mess now, especially, from translation to translation. If we don't straight them out now before it is too late, then they will get worse and more ambiguous.

I had read the original classic of the TTC. Of course, it doesn't mean anything to anybody. Chuang Tzu was written in parables and lengthy classic is boring like hell. Anyway, thank you for pouring some cold water over our heads to wake us up.

When a superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When an average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it wouldn't be the Tao.

Thus it is said:
The path into the light seems dark,
the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest are seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish.

The Tao is nowhere to be found.
Yet it nourishes and completes all things.

• Like 2

Learn the rules, forget the rules. Return to the rules only once and then leave them forever.

It's pretty rare to find someone here claiming to be 'Taoist', perhaps out of respect for Taoists. That's true in my case anyway.

• Like 3

Where's my "Don't Like" button for Ronin's opening post?!?

I must disagree with the opening post.

I think that many of us, including some of my Buddhist friends, do talk about Taoism. It's just that we talk about how it is applied and how it effects our normal everyday life.

I mean, there is only so much one can say about the chapters in the TTC. We went through a period of time when we said everything we could think of to say regarding each chapter. And then we grew tired of that so we started talking about how it applies to our life directly.

Every now and again a new member will make comment in the thread of one of the chapter studies and some of us will join in for a discussion.

Flowing Hands is helping right now with his extended chapters of the TTC. I actually find this enjoyable because he touches on concepts that existed prior to the establishment of the TTC but are very important within the TTC.

And yes, I claim to be a Taoist. But not a perfect example by a long shot. But then, I have never claimed to be perfect at anyting.

And the pictures posted by Gerard is a perfect example of the word-less Tao. But then, we cannot come to this forum and say nothing and then complain that no one talks with us.

• Like 4

But then, we cannot come to this forum and say nothing and then complain that no one talks with us.

@marblehead

I've made quite a few topics and said quite a bit.

Not only that but your rebuttal doesn't apply to this topic. I never said anything about any of that lol.

Where's my "Don't Like" button for Ronin's opening post?!?

I must disagree with the opening post.

If you didn't click it like I did, then you have just clicked the "Don't Like" button. :D

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

But then, we cannot come to this forum and say nothing and then complain that no one talks with us.

@marblehead

I've made quite a few topics and said quite a bit.

Not only that but your rebuttal doesn't apply to this topic. I never said anything about any of that lol.

Hehehe. NO, that statement does not apply to you. You have been rightfully active on the forums.

But don't expect me to always agree with you. Sometimes I don't even agree with myself.

I mean seriously. You all claim to practice taoism yet there is no simplicity and everything discussed is convoluted and invaluable.

Absolutely. I just hate those invaluable discussions too.

Liminal

• Like 2

All of the damn scholars.

It saddens me. No offense to Christians but it seems like the user base here is more geared towards hypocrisy than aligning with the tao. (Not that I'm any better, I'm useless.)

And of course some users are excluded from this.

So you are sad at the time you post this.

Sadness is projected all about you in this state.

Point it to a beach and you'll be sad about the beach, or job, or an internet forum.

That is tao.

Sadness has its place, but one of myriad.

Who are you now?

What is gained in judging, fighting, avoiding or running away?

Nothing, except the process of judging, fighting, avoiding or running away.

All of which are also tao.

Who are you now?

• Like 6

This is very similar to another post you made a few days back. This isn't Taoist or Eastern wisdom, just commonsense; If you don't like it here, find things convoluted and invaluable not valuable leave. Don't log in, quit, abstain. We'll muddle on without your exalted self and you can direct your energies to a forum you connect with.

and don't let the keyboard hit you in the asterisk on the way out.

<disgraceful that a mod would post so>

{I wasn't speaking as a mod, you ^*OIJ:&%>

• Like 2

In a dream Kyozan went to Maitreya's Pure Land and sat in the third seat. A monk there beat the gavel and said, "Today the one in the third seat will give a sermon." Kyozan arose, hit the gavel and said,"The truth of Mahayana is beyond any verbal expression! Listen, listen!"

Class has assembled, and TheExaltedRonin strides in before turning to look at the students.

"Look at you!", he frowns. "...sitting there, claiming you know anything about taoism practice. What do you know?! Have you ever read the Tao Te Ching? ...huh? What about Tao For Pooh? Chuang Tzu, anyone? Nobody? ... Such ignorant hypocrites, you are. I pity you. I mean here you are, in an actual taoist class, and yet you know absolutely nothing but semantics! All you know is how to bicker amongst yourselves! I am so very disappointed in you. ... Class dismissed."

Edited by Icedude
  • Like 5

@icedude

He gets it man, he gets it. ;)

/sarcasm

Don't get me wrong: I'd love to attend one of your classes to recieve your scorn zen.

• Like 1

@icedude

Just an FYI I haven't ever claimed to know anything about anything. But if you feel my words are worthy of study who am I to stop you?

Well, that just makes your zen even more wonderous, if you can teach without even knowing what you're teaching. :)

• Like 1