Mike

Practicing the Microcosmic Orbit

I would like to ask the opinions here about the Microcosmic Orbit meditation. This was a practice that I used to do a lot in the past and after some time I have decided to do it again.

One thing that happens when I practice this is that I sometimes I feel slight pain. I remember this used to happen to me before when I practised this.

But I have never been certain as to why it happens.

Is it a good sign? Is it because the chi is coming into contact with blockages? Is that what is causing the pain? When it comes to the blockages does it clear the blockages?

Or is all this pain, a bad sign? Am I doing something wrong?

What I worry about sometimes is if I didn't concentrate well enough on some points causing an imbalance.

Would appreciate advice on this.

Thanks

I could not, in good conscience, tell you to continue if you feel pain.

Depending on where it is, I would consult a physician if it is around organs, heart, brain ,etc

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses.

The pain I feel isn't really on any organ. And I personally don't think it is a serious pain. I've just noticed that whenever I practice it, I start feeling some strange feeling. Pain may not even be the right word here.

I usually feel this pain (or discomfort), around the lower part of my spine, around the forearms, wrists and sometimes my legs. As I said, its not pain in the organs, but more like pain in the veins. Its as if the chi is is coursing through my veins at a high intensity and it is this intensity which is causing the discomfort.

The pain doesn't really happen while I am doing it, but mostly later during the day. I definitely feel its affects throughout the day.

Hope someone knows what I mean.

Thanks for the responses.

The pain I feel isn't really on any organ. And I personally don't think it is a serious pain. I've just noticed that whenever I practice it, I start feeling some strange feeling. Pain may not even be the right word here.

I usually feel this pain (or discomfort), around the lower part of my spine, around the forearms, wrists and sometimes my legs. As I said, its not pain in the organs, but more like pain in the veins. Its as if the chi is is coursing through my veins at a high intensity and it is this intensity which is causing the discomfort.

The pain doesn't really happen while I am doing it, but mostly later during the day. I definitely feel its affects throughout the day.

When I do bone breathing and blood washing- I feel a "burning sting" permeating my pores.

I would like to ask the opinions here about the Microcosmic Orbit meditation. This was a practice that I used to do a lot in the past and after some time I have decided to do it again.

One thing that happens when I practice this is that I sometimes I feel slight pain. I remember this used to happen to me before when I practised this.

Your description is very nebulous....!!!

• Like 1