Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Wonder woman pose. Qi Gong?

Yep. Already aware of this and have utilized the concept in my own life.

And this is what is missing in internet communications. So much of our communications abilities are lost.

Yep. Already aware of this and have utilized the concept in my own life.

And this is what is missing in internet communications. So much of our communications abilities are lost.

Yes, emoticons just aren't a satisfactory ersatz for full-on body language, are they? :angry:

• Like 2

Yes your right, all that non verbal stuff is missing from virtual communication save for, as soaring crane mentions emoticons and the odd picture here and there.

When texting (which I use sparingly) I am acutely aware how easy it is to misinterpret messages as it also is with emails and forums chat, it requires a different approach to communicating in order to get the message across maybe also through it we may learn our own projection tendencies after a few mistakes or more?

NLP ideas could come in handy here in terms of language use if we are alert enough.

Whether this brave new world is good or bad we will have to wait until the last page of the book...

What was interesting about that research also was the fact they have shown that poses produce increased or decreased amounts of body/brain chemicals. With further research maybe they could investigate Qi Gong poses and their effect on body chemistry and a whole 'new' western science health system could be born?

Edited for grandma and spelling

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 1

I'm kind of lost! How did Chi Kung got involved with the body language....???

Edited by ChiDragon

I'm kind of lost! How did Chi Kung got involved with the body language....???

Hehehe. You get lost easily. You should carry a map with you wherever you go. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Standing meditation / Zhan zhuang is a body posture which has physiological effects, our body language are body postures too which also have physiological effects.

What she is saying in the talk is that certain body language / body postures have effects on the body / mind / spirit, specifically she is talking here about the increase or decrease in testosterone and cortisone depending on the posture we use.

These postures are non verbal ways all animals communicate to each other. These postures also effect our body / mind / spirit, feeling and perception and visa versa.

Qi Gong in my understanding in it's basic form is a series of conscious contrived postures some moving which have an effect on the body /mind / spirit, feeling and perception through 'qi' which effects hormones, blood flow etc...

What I am saying with a little further research into different postures and their effects they may scientifically validate what the east has been saying, not necessarily through the discovery of 'qi' but maybe through the discovery that certain postures increase blood flow or hormones that help the eyes, thyroid or heart or liver etc...

It is not Qi Gong but I found it an interesting study that had beginning of possible parallels if you ignore the 'language' issue and look at the body chemical perceptual point (posture - perception / health).

We chemically construct our perception it seems through diet, thought and posture. Not necessarily new as NLP has been saying this for a while.

I think it would be interesting to see a study of the effects on the body / mind of the full lotus or SFQ or GOT or Tidal Wave™ Chi Kung etc...

When you see an object from all angles we can understand it better, although the best way to understand something is to become it.

Hope that clarifies my post :)

Edited for gramma and spelling (probably still wrong.)

Edited by Infinity

Hehehe. You get lost easily. You should carry a map with you wherever you go. :ph34r:

Well, well, well, without the map, I still can breathe.

There is only one workable method of Chi Kung or Qi Gong for me. I have defined it as the Ultimate Method of Breathing(UMB).

• Like 1

I just breathe naturally. I seems just so ... ... natural.

I don't breathe naturally but slowly and deep down to the lower dan tian. That is what I meant by the UMB.

Edited by ChiDragon

I don't breathe naturally but slowly and deep down to the lower dan tian. That is what I meant by the UMB.

I knew what you meant. I was only messing with you. :P

• Like 1

I knew what you meant. I was only messing with you. :P

Oh, that was not for a smart ass but, just in case, for those who didn't know. :D

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this