ChiDragon

The Ultimate Test

For those who have cultivated at least five years, can you describe what have you accomplished....??? It would be something like you couldn't do it before but now you could. If you were asked to demonstrate your special skill, can you do it instantly....???

• Like 2

Hehehe. What a challenge!

I have found peace and contentment. I am demonstrating it at this very moment.

I don't do magic. Sorry.

• Like 5

For those who have cultivated at least five years, can you describe what have you accomplished....??? It would be something like you couldn't do it before but now you could. If you were asked to demonstrate your special skill, can you do it instantly....???

I've learned great understanding, unbound by laws, ethics and emotions.

Yes. *hugs*

• Like 2

Hehehe. What a challenge!

I have found peace and contentment. I am demonstrating it at this very moment.

I don't do magic. Sorry.

Yes, you do. You do magic with words. :)

• Like 3

I've lost any desire to punish wrongdoing.

Cease it, prevent it... but I no longer dwell on punishment and vengeance.

My energy and intent is on healing.

• Like 5

Is taoism about self-promotion?

I suspect that the examples you seek are already outside the questioning of such 'newbie want-to-know' questions.

One can claim it is about self-understanding or self-knowing...

I suspect it is more about Tao-Zen smiling at the wind blowing...

The wind wanting to know if the wind is felt by others....

• Like 3

There's this teeny-tiny spark in my lower belly, and when I turn my gaze inward, I see the whole freaking universe there. When I feel the need to, I can retreat to this secret place and just smile.

In other developments, it wasn't long ago that I found an equally teeny-tiny spark in the middle of my brain.

That's about it for bang zoom so far.

• Like 6

When I'm tired, I sleep.

When I'm hungry, I eat.

I can demonstrate these instantly.

• Like 6

When I'm tired, I sleep.

When I'm hungry, I eat.

Wow, that is quite an accomplishment in your cultivation there..... :)

• Like 1

When I'm tired, I sleep.

When I'm hungry, I eat.

would you be willing to take me on as an student?

• Like 4

would you be willing to take me on as an student?

Only if I can wear silk pyjamas :D

• Like 1

Before asking for such things from others, you must ask yourself - would you be able to notice such a demonstration in the first place?

Or were you talking about stuff like chewing glass or dragging a bulldozer with your nutsack? Maybe you should be a little more specific.

• Like 1

Thank you! I thought no one will ever ask the question. Of course, I have something to offer. Otherwise, I wouldn't have initiated this thread. I have developed an immense body strength much much stronger than before. I'd scheduled to meet one of the TTB members, in a local park with questions about Tai Ji Quan. I had demonstrated the Neigong ability developed from Tai Ji like Fa Jin, instantly, to him. He can witness that if he wish to come forward.

I can project my voice, with one deep breath, up to a half minute from Chi Kung practice. In addition, my leg muscles are hard as a rock.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 4

I have only cultivated since last September but I can already clearly and visibly demonstrate something I couldn't do before. A few years ago I used to practice yoga and one position I could do is called 'cow face pose' (see link).

Then I injured my back and right shoulder (not during yoga) and could no longer do it on that side. Reaching behind me in a certain position would cause me real pain and my movement was thus quite restricted.

Within 2 months of starting Tai Chi I had full movement back again and can now demonstrate cow face pose with both arms - something I have been unable to do for at least 2 years.

Okay, I'm no John Chang, but I'll settle for that healing. It's 'miraculous' enough for me.

Edited by yabyum24
  • Like 5

I have only cultivated since last September but I can already clearly and visibly demonstrate something I couldn't do before. A few years ago I used to practice yoga and one position I could do is called 'cow face pose' (see link).

Then I injured my back and right shoulder (not during yoga) and could no longer do it on that side. Reaching behind me in a certain position would cause me real pain and my movement was thus quite restricted.

Within 2 months of starting Tai Chi I had full movement back again and can now demonstrate cow face pose with both arms - something I have been unable to do for at least 2 years.

That's some result! Well done!!

"The ultimate test"?

At the end of five years of intense spiritual work are you still impressed by the by-products of your endeavors or was your work striving to achieve circus tricks and can you prove you are a good act.

The ultimate test is so often a personal one - am I a jerk?

Have I been striving to not be such a self identified jerk.

Have I been inculcating right thinking, right action into my life?

Is the coarse in me becoming refined and turning to a golden vibration - or have I embraced the coarse and united with my self identification?

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

was your work striving to achieve circus tricks and can you prove you are a good act.

Well... I was hoping it would help me to pull some chicks. ;)

• Like 2

Thank you! I thought no one will ever ask the question. Of course, I have something to offer. Otherwise, I wouldn't have initiated this thread. I have developed an immense body strength much much stronger than before.

Where were you at when I posted my thread on Qi and strength?

I even had a video lol -where's yours?

We should arm wrestle, and the winner gets a Diploma :)

In addition, my leg muscles are hard as a rock.

*flexes bicep* - dude, feel my muscle!

• Like 2

*flexes bicep* - dude, feel my muscle!

There is one trick in arm wrestle to keep one from loosing. Of course, both are with equal weight and strength.

I have developed my muscle from Tai Ji and ZZ. How did you develop yours?

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

There is one trick in arm wrestle to keep one from loosing. Of course, both are with equal weight and strength.

I have developed my muscle from Tai Ji and ZZ. How did you develop yours?

powerlifting and martial arts

• Like 1

Mine from years of wrestling on a mat...

I used to love arm wrestling... struggle through the right-arm wrestling... make a guy sweat to death for several minutes... and he would emerge the victor and full of ego.

Then I would announce that I am left handed and we needed to test how long he could hold out :)

I taught soccer for 20 years... if you can't score goals with both feet, your half as good as you could be.

Check both sides of the equation before people start flexing their muscles :D

• Like 2

The reason I didn't response because I didn't see Chi Kung was involved in your practice.