Lemon_Squeezy

chi kung insight watned

Hi everyone,

I tend to wake up with irritated eyes, and am unsure exactly why.

Basically, I am practicing high-level chi kung, and living a good, healthy, balanced lifestyel, so feel confident my daily life is not detrimental, but supportive.

So for me, this narrows itd own to somehting in my bedroom environment. I have done the following to improve it:

-thoroughly cleaned with a damp cloth, all walls and ceiling, then painted the walls.

-Removed all carpet and replaced it with a wooden floor made of pine.

-Repositioned all the furniture differently to before but still in line with feng shui priniciples

-Introduced more air-filtering plants (about 6 now)

-Burnt white sage and smudge sticks

...But I still might wake up with sore dry eyes as though thjey are irritated to something.

I am pretty sure its not an allergy to any of the furniture, or plants.

That means the only thing left, is that I have a possible allergy or low tolerance to the concrete walls or paint. But allergy testing is extremely expensive, and mor eimportantly, I can't remove the walls! (But might be able to strip the paint).

In any case if its an allergy, or any weakness, shouldn't my strong chi flow eventually overcome it? They sayt hat your chi can eventually transform a living environment.

The only alternative left is to slelep with an industrial gas mask on, with eye goggleson my face.

So, any other approaches or insight would be appreciated.

Beast,

ls

test two - result of test - don't waste your time using a windows phone to make posts, it won't work properly

Edited by z00se
  • Like 1

haha gas mask seems a bit overboard, probably end up with a rash from the rubber mask.

I think theres more to it than just doing high level qigong in a willy nilly fashion. If it were that simple everyone would be a master. If qigong can change the way your body works, you should change it so that it works in a way that stops any symptoms arising.

See what other help you get first, and if after trying them all you still are suffering you can message me and i will tell you how to fix it in 1-2 weeks. You will have to stop your other qigong though because if you're doing that now and you're still getting dry eyes then it will conflict with what i suggest. I don't want to waste my time typing out stuff while you try a bit of this and a bit of that because what i say needs to be done in it's entirety. If you want to try my method leave me to last, then send me a message.

Hi zoose,

I think theres more to it than just doing high level qigong in a willy nilly fashion. If it were that simple everyone would be a master

Absolutely, thje good news is I am fully energised throughout the day from chi kung, and then some. IO'm not sure why you mention doing chi kung in a willy nilly fashion. Nor am I sure what yoiu mean by "if it were that simple everyone would be a master". What does practicing high levle chi kung have to do with being a master?

You will have to stop your other qigong though because if you're doing that now and you're still getting dry eyes then it will conflict with what i suggest.

How will having dry eeyes conflict with what you suggest?

Thanks for your kind offer of help.

Best,

ls

Sometimes the answer is contained in what you can't see. Like humidity. The winter has been tough on eyes, the cold had resulted in very dry weather that can be irritating. For the first time I've suffered from winter time allergies and like you, I wonder what is there to be allergic too. One person guessed dust mites in my mattress from over running a humidifier. I don't' know. Much better now though.

Plus strong chi can be very life affirming, but I've seen experienced practitioner in glasses, and at least one who's had corrective eye surgery.

Sometimes simple works. Like eye drops.

Lots of chi Kung can leave us dehydrated and thus cause a kind of soreness behind the eyes. Drink lots of water and see if that helps.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

I tend to wake up with irritated eyes, and am unsure exactly why.

Basically, I am practicing high-level chi kung, and living a good, healthy, balanced lifestyel, so feel confident my daily life is not detrimental, but supportive.

In any case if its an allergy, or any weakness, shouldn't my strong chi flow eventually overcome it? They sayt hat your chi can eventually transform a living environment.

Question!

1. What do you mean by high-level Chi Kung?

2. What is your understanding about this "Chi can eventually transform a living environment"?

Edited by ChiDragon

You didn't mention beddings. Maybe it's just your detergent or fabric softener?

Is it warm enough to sleep in a tent a couple nights?

Or at a friend's house?

One more thing - wooden flooring can be full of chemicals. I know you had the problem beforehand but just as a general point to ponder.

• Like 3

Might not be your bedroom...

My eyes feel bad in the morning if I spent too long on the computer the day before, especially if I was online late.

Also, Chinese medicine says the liver opens to the eyes, so that might be something to look into.

What's the humidity like in your house this time of year?

I bought a hygrometer ($10 hardware store) in mid winter. I've read somewhere (internet?) you want to keep humidity about half of the temperature. So if its 68 degrees a humidity of about 34% is ideal. (just glanced at it, quite high 47%) During the coldest days of the year my house was falling into the teens, so I got a humidifier and kept going 24/7 during the coldest days. It helped, less sore throats a bit more comfort. Eyes might be similarly effected.

• Like 1

My eyes feel bad in the morning if I spent too long on the computer the day before, especially if I was online late.

Perhaps, this might be something that the OP didn't mention.

Hi zoose,

Absolutely, thje good news is I am fully energised throughout the day from chi kung, and then some. IO'm not sure why you mention doing chi kung in a willy nilly fashion.

Well you say you are fully energized throughout the day and then some. Perhaps too much energy? Heat in liver, dryness relates to heat, liver relates to eyes. You may not think too much energy because you probably like it but something must be amiss or you wouldn't have the problem. If it is an allergy then TCM is very good at fixing allergies. Qigong is energetic TCM.

It's all about balance, if you don't have balance in mind when you're practicing it's willy nilly.

Do you ever have trouble going to sleep or staying asleep? Are you clever or a 'thinker' ?

Nor am I sure what yoiu mean by "if it were that simple everyone would be a master". What does practicing high levle chi kung have to do with being a master?

Nothing. Master is lots of experience, qigong is qigong.

How will having dry eeyes conflict with what you suggest?

My opinion is that the qigong you are practicing is helping to create the dry eyes. You say the qigong you do makes you feel very energetic, this would indicate heat. You need to do the opposite of what you are doing. Of course i don't know what you're specifically doing but whatever it is i would have a strong tendancy to believe it's not helping you any and most likely making you worse.

When it comes to eyes, i would consider myself half a master. Liver & eyes have been the main focus of my attention for almost a decade of daily practice.

sure it's not the pillowcases? cheap laundry detergent or fabric softener?

Chi gung and meditation are like adaptogens. They help build tolerance in the body towards things that otherwise cause various irritations.

You could try cucumber slices on your eyes to help cool them.

You might also try magnesium as it helps the body adjust to temperatures, and itchiness is often heat rising to the surface.

Make sure your hands are always clean before bed too, as you might be rubbing your eyes if they itch while your sleeping.

• Like 2

Thanks for your generous replies.

Looks like the common themes here are reexamining my bedroom environment more thoroughly, working on my liver and internal heat, and using common-sense approaches to possible issues.

The good news is, once ihave tried these approaches and methods, I feel I will not have to worry anymore. If somehow I still have difficulties, then its time to build a yurt/ buy a caravan / move out with the help of my old nemeiss - "Mr Master Card" (yeah,I've got my eye on you, buddy).

Questions answered below.

What's the humidity like in your house this time of year?

Good quetion. Probably not as good as yours ;)

Humidity could be an issue.

Question!

1. What do you mean by high-level Chi Kung?

2. What is your understanding about this "Chi can eventually transform a living environment"?

1. High-level Chi Kung is just that, chi kung which only needs 20mins but leaves me energised and fresh for the whole day, as well as feeling of internal force.

2. I remember clearly in one of Chunyi Lin's talks or articles he mentions how someone with a strong chi flow can transform the chi of whatever environment he spends regular time in. that's as much as I understand.

You didn't mention beddings. Maybe it's just your detergent or fabric softener?

Is it warm enough to sleep in a tent a couple nights?

Or at a friend's house?

One more thing - wooden flooring can be full of chemicals. I know you had the problem beforehand but just as a general point to ponder.

I sleep in brushed cotton sheets on a futon mattress and only use enviro- laundry liquids.

Unfortunately, not now in Australia here in the cold part.

Good thoughtsw, unfortunately, no friends near where I live - I've moved away from them into the rurarl area aboiut 20mins out of town.

I did not know about wooden flooriung, thanks.

Do you snore?

Tear ducts working good?

Sinus problems?

-No

-Yes, I had them serviced recently ;)

-Really stuffy nose in the morning, but that's it, and that's usual when I sleep indoors most places.

sure it's not the pillowcases? cheap laundry detergent or fabric softener?

Pillowcases are cotton and cleaned regularly.

Temperature might be another thing to remind myself of . I noticed that, sometimes I overestimate how much warmth I actually need, i.e, blanket versus sleeping bag.

So, the most important thnig fopr me is to try these things in a relaxed way, otherwise I will become obsessive, and waste my time worrying over unnecessary details.

Best wishes,

Ls

• Like 2

Another common sense thing would be, how long have you had this problem for? What has changed since when this problem began? Or 2 weeks before it began?

If you have been sleeping in the same room with the same sheets for the last 3 years and only just got this problem i doubt the sheets or the room are the problem.

1. High-level Chi Kung is just that, chi kung which only needs 20mins but leaves me energised and fresh for the whole day, as well as feeling of internal force.

2. I remember clearly in one of Chunyi Lin's talks or articles he mentions how someone with a strong chi flow can transform the chi of whatever environment he spends regular time in. that's as much as I understand.

Great.....

Okay! It says a lot with great understanding, but what is "just that"....???

What have you done in the Chi Kung practice...???

Edited by ChiDragon