Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

I recently lost my wallet. The wallet was a gift for christmas from my wife and cost about £65. It had a lottery ticket, £60 in cash, my driving license and debit and credit cards.

I had just finished reading 'The Power Of Your Subconcious Mind' by Joseph Murphy which kind of says we create our worlds with our thoughts and imagining. And they are most effective when we plant them in our subconcious in a relaxed state (before sleep / meditation).

Anyway I was still in this books energy wake when I lost my wallet and for about 2-3 days after I periodically imagined it in my hands, feeling it and looking through its contents. At the time of my imaginings I felt calm and was stragely convinced it would return, I had faith in my fellow human! I cancelled the cards anyway as practical precaution and also reported it missing to the DLR (train line lost property) who said it could take two weeks to go to the central lost property.

Days after my confidence I had lost faith and was peeved and a little sad that no one had returned it as I thought it should have been returned by now as inside was my driving license with my address on it, I would have googled the guy and emailed him (photo license). I have a fairly strict no steeling policy, do unto others as they will do to you kind of thing.

Anyway I gave up but then two weeks later the DLR contacted me and said it had been handed in and all the items including the cash and the (losing) lottery ticket were inside!

Anyway it restored my faith in the human race.

Was it luck? Scientist say we are 99.9999999999999% empty space (13 nines after the decimal point) so we are pretty insubstantial, we are practically phantasms.

So what is the power of the imagination and faith, what can it acheive?

Am not saying this is proof just asking a question!

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 3

More awareness and you wouldn't lose it in the first place :)

Edited by z00se
  • Like 4

I do tend to find that if I generally do kind things like this, it returns to me.

I have had similiar things happen with losing wallet, or leaving money hanging out of the cash machine when making a withdrawl. They have always been handed in.

So keep up the random acts of kindness. And practice hanging on to your stuff!

• Like 1

All good suggestions, I now wear trousers with deeper pockets too! ;)

Edited by Infinity

Once... only once, did i lose my wallet to pickpocketers (just made this word up). Pay day for the gang... there was approx £500 in there, plus cards and driving licence. They must have been watching. Anyways, a few days later, i got an unexpected phone call from a good samaritan, who said he had found my wallet, minus the cash but the rest intact, as he was taking his morning stroll along the river. Said he peeked over a wall, and spotted what he thought looked like a wallet wedged among some rocks. So happen i also had a couple of business cards where he got my phone number.

I have to say its really some strange providence, as that river is massive, not as big as the Thames, but still big, and subject to rising and falling tides. What are the odds of someone actually looking over at that exact spot, then shifted his gaze onto the rocks and seeing a small wallet there, and made the effort to go down and retrieve it?? For sure he wasn't hoping that the wallet contained chunks of money ~ from the size of his house one could tell he wasn't exactly what you would call 'middle class'. And that the tides didn't wash it away into oblivion is also another mystery.

I was really happy to get the soggy wallet and driving licence back. And glad you got yours back too. :)

• Like 2

I had a wallet incident, too. Long story short, a week after it disappeared and all the cards cancelled etc, it turned up - in the bottom of my daughter's doll carriage!

• Like 2

I had a wallet incident, too. Long story short, a week after it disappeared and all the cards cancelled etc, it turned up - in the bottom of my daughter's doll carriage!

Hehe, daughter starting young eh? Already spending daddy's money? ;)

• Like 1

Once... only once, did i lose my wallet to pickpocketers (just made this word up). Pay day for the gang... there was approx £500 in there, plus cards and driving licence. They must have been watching. Anyways, a few days later, i got an unexpected phone call from a good samaritan, who said he had found my wallet, minus the cash but the rest intact, as he was taking his morning stroll along the river. Said he peeked over a wall, and spotted what he thought looked like a wallet wedged among some rocks. So happen i also had a couple of business cards where he got my phone number.

I have to say its really some strange providence, as that river is massive, not as big as the Thames, but still big, and subject to rising and falling tides. What are the odds of someone actually looking over at that exact spot, then shifted his gaze onto the rocks and seeing a small wallet there, and made the effort to go down and retrieve it?? For sure he wasn't hoping that the wallet contained chunks of money ~ from the size of his house one could tell he wasn't exactly what you would call 'middle class'. And that the tides didn't wash it away into oblivion is also another mystery.

I was really happy to get the soggy wallet and driving licence back. And glad you got yours back too. :)

I had virtually the same thing happen 10 years ago! I was robbed by a gang of 4. I cancelled everything and then got a phone call from a Jehovah's Witness saying my wallet was in her front garden.

So I went to collect it and found everything was still there minus my £5 note (not quite £500) and my cancelled debit card. Inside was a hotel receipt from the previous week which just so happened to have my phone number on...that's how the lady that found it got back to me.

Funny how things work out.

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

Could be Chucky wanting a slice of the action, eh? :ph34r::D

• Like 1

If the imagination has that kind of power ,then we all have just become much more likely to lose our wallets.

• Like 1

haha - she had in covered up with various dolls and fluffy animals. I don't actually remember her reasoning at the time, but it made sense somehow.

What I didn't write earlier was that I did visualize it. I saw it very clearly on a shelf with a bunch of other returned items at a lost and found area at a police station. I was certain I'd left it on a bench at a train station (wo ist der Bahnhof?) and that it had been turned in - but no, it wasn't there.

Seems like lots of wallets come home but still nonplussed about the working of the world – random chance, karma, imagination, intent, faith or all or other.

If we are 99.9999999999999% empty space what is possible and what mechanisms work it? If its karma that brings us good or ill how is it attracted back to us something akin to magnetism? Or is it as some people say like attracts like?

Edited by Infinity

We are 99.99999% space, yet, in our current form, we cannot actualise this truth on the basis of... we are the minds>senses>self identity>separation>ignorance which arose within this emptiness. I suppose one needs to work the sequence backwards in order to reconnect with our true nature. Just a theory of course.

we are the minds>senses>self identity>separation>ignorance which arose within this emptiness.

That's a pretty crowded emptiness! :)

Sign in to follow this