KenBrace

Should Thunder_Gooch have been banned?

Was it correct for the mods to ban Thunder_Gooch?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree that Thunder_Gooch should have been banned?

MERCELESS ONE, I speculate that your statement is fueled by emotion, and thus is not rational. I also speculate that

most people who take offense to TG are of an emotional disposition. It is hard for me to comprehend how anyone with any

amount of understanding of nature/universe, or proficiency in the energy arts, would take offense to words, or be disturbed

by argument/debate. I would argue that this banning of TG seems contradictory in nature to the title of this website "The

Tao Bums". But this is just speculation and my humble opinion. As you can see, I have made it clear that my

statement is based on speculation, and you should do the same unless you can verify what your stating with evidence.

the evidence is that he has been banned/suspended i need say nothing further

MPG knew Jim personally.

thats cool, but to me thats not saying much. i mean no disrespect but it just dosent mean anything..to me at least...

So MO your train of thought runs like this: TG was banned, Therefore TG never knew Jim or John Chang. Nice one, immortal titan amongst cosmos.

I'm at the point where I have absolutely no clue what's going on with the TG/MPG drama now. Can someone put together cliff notes or something?

I think it went down something like this:

He talked a lot of smack. People complained. Mods got involved. He talked smack to the mods. He got suspended. He had other people relay messages onto the board for him basically saying "please, please, please ban me," so they banned him.

Like so . . .

Banhammer_by_AidArmadillo.jpg

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 3

MPG knew Jim personally.

Ever read Jim's book?

The first couple of chapters finds Jim writing these:

All Quotes direct from:

Seeking the Master of Mo Pai:

How an American became the first

Western student.

When I told

him who I was, the jerk claimed he

didn’t remember me…he hadn’t

changed a bit.

It seemed I couldn’t get to first-base

on anything with

this arrogant jerk

Even when I was in the Army, I had

never met such a selfcentered,

conniving person, and there were

many jerks in the

Army.

When things

settled down later, the

uncouth looking wheel-chair clown

There are many more such quotes in Jim McMillian's book.

Maybe "student-like-teacher "?

• Like 2

I vote no for the same reason as MH. Also, If TG really is banned for life, then the presence of one genius is lost to these forums. I can not agree with the banning of any form of genius.

969770123_1371426203.jpg

• Like 1

Ever read Jim's book?

The first couple of chapters finds Jim writing these:

All Quotes direct from:

Seeking the Master of Mo Pai:

How an American became the first

Western student.

When I told

him who I was, the jerk claimed he

didn’t remember me…he hadn’t

changed a bit.It seemed I couldn’t get to first-base

on anything with

this arrogant jerkEven when I was in the Army, I had

never met such a selfcentered,

conniving person, and there were

many jerks in the

Army.When things

settled down later, the

uncouth looking wheel-chair clown

There are many more such quotes in Jim McMillian's book.

Maybe "student-like-teacher "?

Jim was talking about Andreas, who, in my opinion deserved those comments.

• Like 1

Jim was talking about Andreas, who, in my opinion deserved those comments.

It isn't a Forum-- It's a Book.

Books and their words live on forever- longer than the Author..

I vote no for the same reason as MH.

Also, If TG really is banned for life, then the presence of one genius is lost to these forums.

I can not agree with the banning of any form of genius.

EXACTLY!

• Like 1

i voted YES for many reasons! he is usually the topic of many not so good discussions on this forum, and the cause of untold drama that he usually instigated.

WRONG! Cause for the drama are for example the hurt ego's of "all-knowing" Placebo Gong teachers or their back-stabbing students!

Back-stabbing because those people can't put up evidence beyond placebo level!

"Worked in cliniques!" My ass! My Reiki teacher had also a "clinique"!

"Worked in a mainstream hospital in the US with results beyond placebo." That would impress me!

overlooking this would be an insult to those that were banned or suspended because of arguments and disputes he started myself included. i think he got what he diserved, almost every argument ive seen on here about energy, mopai (especially mopai)he started. its one thing to correct someone but to be demeaning and juvinile is just of low class and character. i knew him as "more pie guy" the guy who argued about mo pai and thought he knew everything there is to know about it and never studied under a teacher, never met john chang nor jim mc millian or kostas..but he knew it all... thats my 2cents

So the larger group is always right and the smaller group who disagrees is always wrong and the cause of the trouble and has to be banned for this?

• Like 1

Ya know what I love it when people talk.

Jim also said that being accepted as a student by john was the happiest momment in his life next to his kids being born.

Jim from what I could tell was hurt.

I didnt know Jim long we started talking about a year before his death.

Jim and I would talk for hours he came across as an honest seeker.

Man you guys just dont know ....I even tried to get Jim to practice flying phoenix chi kung and sent the link to the thread a few times. He simply refused to give mopai up.

Jim died of kidney issues and cancer if he had practiced flying phoenix he might still be alive.

Then I got the phone number of a thunder magic taoist priest of lunghushan and gave it to jim. Then this eventually lead to Dr Jerry Alan Johnson who was a friend of this priest and when Jim and JAJ spoke it wasnt a pleasent conversation........

My only regret is that I didnt come across Jim sooner to change his heart on certain beliefs.

Jim had his mindset on getting that book from john or yang. When he told me this I thought that this wont end good for him. So then and only then I decided to help him on his neikung search. An put in some serious work on searching for neikung like the mo pai.

Now the week of jim's death I came across some important info. I called him and the number was disconnected. I emailed him and got no response. A few days later I read on here that Jim was dead....

I now continue to look into mopai well because my friend is dead now. Jim to me was outside the regular chinese internal martial arts. I knew of things like masters giving people cancer and so on.......

Basically if your going to insult a real master publiclly you better know some shit.....

• Like 5

It isn't a Forum-- It's a Book.

Books and their words live on forever- longer than the Author..

yes, but sometimes books outlive their usefulness, even some of the "classics" were written for a specific audience.

at least that is what moliere said..

sometimes its good to knock the dust off those old classics and look at it with new eyes.

but for now, all my books are collecting dust

• Like 4

So MO your train of thought runs like this: TG was banned, Therefore TG never knew Jim or John Chang. Nice one, immortal titan amongst cosmos.

Seems as someone new to the forum, you know a lot about TG and are quite comfortable to confront a longer standing member who has exchanged over the years on the topics mentioned.

What MO said is quite easy to understand. He stated his opinion and while one item was maybe not correct, the rest of his opinion seems (to him) to be supported by the recent action to ban TG.

is there anything you want to tell us? :)

• Like 1

milk is great when its fresh. leave it out on the counter too long and it gets stale and angry, and you feel like its lashing out at you if you interact with it.

mpg went sour, like angry milk. I dont care how intelligent or insightful someone is, if they put that insight into a box and hide it away and leave their belligerent side out for all to consume whenever the vague edges of certain topics get breached - it is a drag on the forum. imho he hasnt had a useful thing to say in years. he said it all already, and all that's left is what is curdled and sour.

if he were confident in his experiences, he'd have been able to at least relate a modicum of it. but since his opinion was nothing special at all happened to him whatsoever, and if something did, you wouldnt believe it anyway ( I mean nevermind that you are in a community of quasi like minded people who would be open to things beyond the mundane...) so no point in saying, let me just quote JC ad nauseum, ad infinitum. that got OLD. Fast.

not that I had a problem ignoring it, until I was a mod and was forced to unignore it, and get the very same garbage and shit talk thrown at me that ultimately got him banned, yet when he did it back then it was somehow not over the line yet....even though again his behavior was exactly the same, right down to the screw you guys I am going to keep doing this no matter what and I dont care what you think or if you are a mod asking me politely to not be a dick to people in this manner, I'm going to thumb my nose at you and look to the exact letter of what constitutes a vacation and go right up to the asymptotic edge of it...

I have ZERO sympathy for him and think the forum is better off without belligerent argumentative children.

• Like 13

Sigh I told him that the name he choose is disasterous from chinese point.

Names are important and Nicknames also.

Can you do an analysis of mine too :D

On to the topic: I don't really care, I didn't know him that much to like or hate him :closedeyes: But he really did seem like he enjoyed arguing with people. Oh, and his avatar was kinda not helping him sound serious.

Edited by king

Oh, and his avatar was kinda not helping him sound serious.

Hehe, the Tao isn't serious :)

• Like 1

So the larger group is always right and the smaller group who disagrees is always wrong and the cause of the trouble and has to be banned for this?

Its not difficult to assess that it was not his disagreeing nature that got MPG banned.

Lots of disagreements happen in groups. Thats a fact. But if a particular group happened to have a vested interest in a common direction, then it makes no sense if a member of that group keeps objecting to the validity of said direction. It would be better for all concerned if that member (and any other who shares similar objections) leave the rest to go in the 'wrong' direction, and he (and those who happen to agree with him) go in the 'right' direction. Then both sides stand to benefit.

This happened quite often on group fishing trips i have been on, where people argue over which side of the peninsular would yield a better catch, wasting unnecessary time and energy trying to persuade each other when the time could better invested in actually casting out and waiting for a bite. Even if one catches nothing, at the very least, its still a result. Arguments and incessant to-ing and fro-ing does not, under most circumstances, yield any palpable result in relation to achieving common objectives.

• Like 6

This happened quite often on group fishing trips i have been on, where people argue over which side of the peninsular would yield a better catch, wasting unnecessary time and energy trying to persuade each other when the time could better invested in actually casting out and waiting for a bite. Even if one catches nothing, at the very least, its still a result. Arguments and incessant to-ing and fro-ing does not, under most circumstances, yield any palpable result in relation to achieving common objectives.

Its boring and a waste of time isn't it? Sometimes arguments go on for so long that those involved get confused about what the argument was about in the first place - and they start arguing about that :(

• Like 3

Seems as someone new to the forum, you know a lot about TG and are quite comfortable to confront a longer standing member who has exchanged over the years on the topics mentioned.

What MO said is quite easy to understand. He stated his opinion and while one item was maybe not correct, the rest of his opinion seems (to him) to be supported by the recent action to ban TG.

is there anything you want to tell us? :)

Longer standing member? Perhaps.. But that depends on your definition of member. :)

Longer standing member? Perhaps.. But that depends on your definition of member. :)

We will sort this (you) out... posting suspended for now.

• Like 2

We will sort this (you) out... posting suspended for now.

With all due respect you're awefully quick to suspend people. He only posted a few times in this thread and has already been suspended (aparently for simply disagreeing with you). I saw nothing in either of his posts that was offensive, mean, etc. Perhaps there is something I missed?

Edited by KenBrace

With all due respect you're awefully quick to suspend people. He only posted a few times in this thread and has already been suspended (aparently for simply disagreeing with you). I saw nothing in either of his posts that was offensive, mean, etc. Perhaps there is something I missed?

Yes, there is something you missed, the fact that while he has awesome taste in members :D and can tell intelligence a mile away, he is most likely a sock puppet of another member.

Yes... you missed something then.

Whenever a newbie comes onto TTB and proclaims certain things; we take notice whether there is something more than a newbie which by happenstance seems to know the person in question, and confronts more than one member, plus a mod.

That is not typical of newbie's. Unless they have an agenda. Do you now understand?

This thread was left for a while but has worn out its use..

Thread Closed. :)

Edit last line. I did not mean to imply the OP or TG had some hand in starting the thread.

• Like 2