KenBrace

Should Thunder_Gooch have been banned?

Was it correct for the mods to ban Thunder_Gooch?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree that Thunder_Gooch should have been banned?

I'd like to get a community vote on whether or not you think More_Pie_Guy/Thunder_Gooch should have been banned.

NOTE TO MODS: I am not challenging your judgment I'm simply interested know if the community overall is glad or sad that MPG was banned.

Edited by KenBrace

I voted no simply because I do not agree with the policy of banning a person. (Extending time-outs for each violation is acceptable in my mind.)

• Like 2

He was only suspended for couple weeks. I believe banned is terminology for permanent suspension.

He was originally only suspended for two weeks, but the mods changed their minds and decided to have him banned permanently.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 2

Sigh I told him that the name he choose is disasterous from chinese point.

Names are important and Nicknames also.

• Like 6

What about my name?

-__- , people love Stimpy from the Ren and Stimpy Show as he is good natured.

and this overweights his lacking.

But you should take care of name choices as the subconciousness do not understand sarcasm.

Greek ἰδιώτης, idiōtēs ("person lacking professional skill", "a private citizen", "individual").

Ones own real name can if it is rejected by the body cause problems in the energy system

and affect daily life and can tense the physical body. A name works in its vibration, its meaning

and its association and by how often one use it.

• Like 4

Is a public poll, other members will be able to see which option I choose. I think I'll pass on voting.

Yeah I realized that after posting it. Is there a way to make it un-public?

• Like 1

-__- , people love Stimpy from the Ren and Stimpy Show as he is good natured.

and this overweights his lacking.

But you should take care of name choices as the subconciousness do not understand sarcasm.

Greek ἰδιώτης, idiōtēs ("person lacking professional skill", "a private citizen", "individual").

Ones own real name can if it is rejected by the body cause problems in the energy system

and affect daily life and can tense the physical body. A name works in its vibration, its meaning

and its association and by how often one use it.

Ren ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_concept_of_the_soul 4.

• Like 1

I'm at the point where I have absolutely no clue what's going on with the TG/MPG drama now. Can someone put together cliff notes or something?

• Like 1

Sigh I told him that the name he choose is disasterous from chinese point.

Names are important and Nicknames also.

I received a rather strong objection to his avatar but I explained how I viewed it given his discussion about 'wiring the perineum'. I might of been wrong in my interpretation but at least I backed him up on his use of the avatar. Something he never knew, BTW.

I received a rather strong objection to his avatar but I explained how I viewed it given his discussion about 'wiring the perineum'. I might of been wrong in my interpretation but at least I backed him up on his use of the avatar. Something he never knew, BTW.

The avatar came about because a few folks were making fun of the whole copper coil/wire on the perineum thing... In case anyone was curious.

• Like 1

I'm at the point where I have absolutely no clue what's going on with the TG/MPG drama now. Can someone put together cliff notes or something?

TG/MPG was wrong 99.9999% of the time.

• Like 1

The avatar came about because a few folks were making fun of the whole copper coil/wire on the perineum thing... In case anyone was curious.

Yes, I assumed it was tongue in cheek (or rather down lower) at those making fun of the wire... It seemed consistent with his dark sense of humor.

• Like 2

TG/MPG was wrong 99.9999% of the time.

In what statements exactly for example? <_<

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 2

Historically there seem to be levels of banned in TB with heart taking precedence over strict law. I think TG sending a message implying the first thing he'd do when he got back (after a relatively short time out) was (in my mind) insult (..retards..) the mods was probably an egotistical strategy that didn't play very well.

Give it time. Things will work out. Having time away from the board can be a good thing.

• Like 3

I vote no for the same reason as MH. Also, If TG really is banned for life, then the presence of one genius is lost to these forums. I can not agree with the banning of any form of genius.

• Like 4

i voted YES for many reasons! he is usually the topic of many not so good discussions on this forum, and the cause of untold drama that he usually instigated. overlooking this would be an insult to those that were banned or suspended because of arguments and disputes he started myself included. i think he got what he diserved, almost every argument ive seen on here about energy, mopai (especially mopai)he started. its one thing to correct someone but to be demeaning and juvinile is just of low class and character. i knew him as "more pie guy" the guy who argued about mo pai and thought he knew everything there is to know about it and never studied under a teacher, never met john chang nor jim mc millian or kostas..but he knew it all... thats my 2cents

• Like 1

i voted YES for many reasons! he is usually the topic of many not so good discussions on this forum, and the cause of untold drama that he usually instigated. overlooking this would be an insult to those that were banned or suspended because of arguments and disputes he started myself included. i think he got what he diserved, almost every argument ive seen on here about energy, mopai (especially mopai)he started. its one thing to correct someone but to be demeaning and juvinile is just of low class and character. i knew him as "more pie guy" the guy who argued about mo pai and thought he knew everything there is to know about it and never studied under a teacher, never met john chang nor jim mc millian or kostas..but he knew it all... thats my 2cents

MPG knew Jim personally.

MPG knew Jim personally.

oh gosh, i hope he did not learn how to use all those colourful metaphors from Jim! :o

:D

• Like 1

MERCELESS ONE, I speculate that your statement is fueled by emotion, and thus is not rational. I also speculate that

most people who take offense to TG are of an emotional disposition. It is hard for me to comprehend how anyone with any

amount of understanding of nature/universe, or proficiency in the energy arts, would take offense to words, or be disturbed

by argument/debate. I would argue that this banning of TG seems contradictory in nature to the title of this website "The

Tao Bums". But this is just speculation and my humble opinion. As you can see, I have made it clear that my

statement is based on speculation, and you should do the same unless you can verify what your stating with evidence.

• Like 2