SonOfTheGods

Allow Northern Avid Judo Ant to Return

He/She (I can't tell from the username) should be allowed to return.

He/She was having a hard time, and made a violent comment.

We all say stuff we don't mean when we are having a bad day.

He/She was very intelligent and could benefit from several people here, counseling/coaching him/her daily in private messages etc

Forgive, forget, move on

If the Tao means anything= it means just that.

I personally would help.

And should He/She get banned again- you can Ban me too- because it was my idea.

Taoism- it isn't just for forum conversation.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 4

I'm hanging out with NAJA this weekend actually. I'm torturing her with lower Bagua walking, and we are hanging out and having fun ;).

So of course I'm all for it too.

She has been much better adjusted lately and things have been going well.

• Like 5

I'm hanging out with NAJA this weekend actually. I'm torturing her with lower Bagua walking, and we are hanging out and having fun ;).

So of course I'm all for it too.

She has been much better adjusted lately and things have been going well.

Awesome.

I thought, Male for certain- but wasn't 100% sure due to the name.

I'm glad I wrote he/she lol

A return to the forum could help HER then, in the Arts.

• Like 1

And actually it's Northern Avid Judo Ant, but hey, your heart's in the right place.

I messed it up all the way around! lol

EDIT: Fixed :ph34r:

Edited by SonOfTheGods

And actually it's Northern Avid Judo Ant, but hey, your heart's in the right place.

My own post was mostly a wryly humorous observation, but there was a serious part to it. You may have messed it up 'all around', but at the center you're fine, your heart is in the right place.

• Like 1

I'd be okay with it.

If it was done, would it be under probationary terms?

Sure, why not.

Life is a probationary term, I think, anyway :)

I'd be okay with it.

If it was done, would it be under probationary terms?

Oh yes, and if NAJA do anything we just give warning to SOG first

and threat NAJA to ban SOG first for the words she said.

Let it become we forgive but not forget.

Beside..... tell her to give back the Nine Yin Manuals and the 18 Dragon Subdueing Palms.

• Like 3

Oh yes, and if NAJA do anything we just give warning to SOG first

and threat NAJA to ban SOG first for the words she said.

Let it become we forgive but not forget.

Beside..... tell her to give back the Nine Yin Manuals and the 18 Dragon Subdueing Palms.

Threaten her with:

SonOfTheGods shall be flogged, and his worm eaten spleen shall be fed to Daoist pigeons.

That'll scare her straight!

wait....

• Like 1

Don't feel bad. I have called her Atom Ant (a cartoon character from my childhood days) and she didn't seem to be offended.

• Like 2

Threaten her with:

SonOfTheGods shall be flogged, and his worm eaten spleen shall be fed to Daoist pigeons.

That'll scare her straight!

wait....

I see bad times coming for you......who should be scared? :D

• Like 1

yh

Edited by skydog

I am not 100% sure as this was something done in the past... but based on this thread, she asked for her account to be closed.

One issue we have discussed in the mod forum is that historically this is handled by 'banning' the member as there is no 'close' option. The problem is that 'banned' means something specific and 'closed' is not one which most would guess. We have talked that we should really track the reason for the 'banned' status.

Judo and Songtsan are peas of a pod, being absolute running sores of psychological content. Oscillating psychologies such as these reflect a lack of sober concentration.

I consider them both Pandora's Boxes.

SoG said:

He/She was very intelligent and could benefit from several people here, counseling/coaching him/her daily in private messages etc

That's a load of crock. Unless you have helped yourself to the extreme in achieving yourself in the tradition(s) of your choice (or on your own) you are unqualified to "help" ones such as these.

Why? Selflessness is the state of impersonal objectivity. Having helped oneself, one is able to help others— but unless others are able (and willing) to help themselves, it is a moot point.

I allowed both these human broken records to go on long enough in PMs to confirm the suspicions noted above.

They just wanna have fun spraying nothing and anything. If this forum was a royal court, then having a designated "court jester" might be appropriate. Since this forum is not a royal court their's is not a viable contribution (unless an endless stream of "intelligent" drivel is on short supply).

Judo wants to be the class clown. Songtsan wanted to be my literary secretary (he'd found a misspelled word on one of my posts on an offsite blog) …pathetic is the word.

I found that their "contributions" neither helped themselves nor others, except in the case of providing an "in" for those whose expertise is most suitable for derailing threads (that actually have a point and a focus on that point.

Let's not allow people like this to return. Let's just eventually get rid of the next one(s) to arrive.

ed note: conjugate 1st sentence; add "buoyant"; italicize "Pandora's Boxes"; text below and including SoG's quote.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Judo and Songtsan are peas of a pod, being absolute running sores of psychological content. These oscillating, buoyant psychotics are the quintessential antithesis of sober concentration.

I consider them both Pandora's Boxes.

SoG said:

That's a load of crock. Unless you have helped yourself to the extreme in achieving yourself in the tradition(s) of your choice (or on your own) you are unqualified to "help" ones such as these.

Why? Selflessness is the state of impersonal objectivity. Having helped oneself, one is able to help others— but unless others are able (and willing) to help themselves, it is a moot point.

I allowed both these human broken records to go on long enough in PMs to confirm the suspicions noted above.

They just wanna have fun spraying nothing and anything. If this forum was a royal court, then having a designated "court jester" might be appropriate. Since this forum is not a royal court their's is not a viable contribution (unless an endless stream of "intelligent" drivel is on short supply).

Judo wants to be the class clown. Songtsan wanted to be my literary secretary (he'd found a misspelled word on one of my posts on an offsite blog) …pathetic is the word.

I found that their "contributions" neither helped themselves nor others, except in the case of providing an "in" for those whose expertise is most suitable for derailing threads (that actually have a point and a focus on that point.

Let's not allow people like this to return. Let's just eventually get rid of the next one(s) to arrive.

ed note: conjugate 1st sentence; add "buoyant"; italicize "Pandora's Boxes"; text below and including SoG's quote.

This isn't Adam & Eve, and repopulating the world with their DNA.

This is a simple forum.

Ignore button is useful.

And should Adam & Eve act up- the angel with the flaming sword/Ban Hammer (Trunk) unleashes said Heavy Metal from it's Sheath and saith:

"Thus saith the lord of mods, thou art banished forever from the garden of Bums"

And the choir 'saith

:wub: "Our Bums"

lol if we are going Drama- let's do it BIG ;)

..or not :ph34r:

• Like 1

I am not 100% sure as this was something done in the past... but based on this thread, she asked for her account to be closed.

One issue we have discussed in the mod forum is that historically this is handled by 'banning' the member as there is no 'close' option. The problem is that 'banned' means something specific and 'closed' is not one which most would guess. We have talked that we should really track the reason for the 'banned' status.

There is an actual reason for her ban, it was a good reason (though it was a two to one vote, not unanimous) at the time. See the NAJA thread in the healing section for how much she has changed though (I mean this for everyone), as noticed and mentioned by Ajikasha (sp?) who has been training her in Bagua all this time (as have I when I can make it down there). There has been a major improvement in her situation as well as how she handles herself. If you PM me, or open a thread in the backroom I can give details of why she was banned.

• Like 5

There is an actual reason for her ban, it was a good reason (though it was a two to one vote, not unanimous) at the time. See the NAJA thread in the healing section for how much she has changed though (I mean this for everyone), as noticed and mentioned by Ajikasha (sp?) who has been training her in Bagua all this time (as have I when I can make it down there). There has been a major improvement in her situation as well as how she handles herself. If you PM me, or open a thread in the backroom I can give details of why she was banned.

AKSIJAHA. 4 syllables. each a consonant and a vowel. From Orion's Arm scifi setting.. Aksijaha is the Root Node of the Interstellar God-Web. :)

I don't really have a row to how on this discussion per say.. I only met Naja *after* the TTB had done the ban. I'm a notorious troll from other fora, and I've only a handful of posts on this/your board. Basically I have no say in the matter, nor should I.

I will just address the facts that BKA is talking about (concerning progress) by quoting a post I made in another thread yesterday. These are the facts "on the ground". What the board members/admins choose to do with them.. that's y'all's call.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Yesterday, 03:43 PM

Well.. we just finished BKA's SECOND visit to VancouverWA/PDX. A good time was had by all..

I would like to congratulate NAJA on perseverance, discipline and sincerity.

Very well done. Everyone who knows Naja.. take a look at this.. and send some congrats out..

y3wf.jpg

amazing the good that 3 months of bagua training can do.

Footwork improving, mind steadied, less distractable, good understanding of the concept of hand-foot connection, the body shape is beginning to manifest, bridge structure acceptable and improving. Whipping power from the hip & stance shifting is good.

Another 6 months (Heaven Willing) and if someone continues to practice daily... they are going to be a Holy Friggin Terror.

• Like 3

ant bagua?!! lookin good and stick with it

I was pretty amazed when I went down there this past weekend, how much her Bagua has improved! She practices lots, which is good, and it shows. I was also very amazed that every single time I told her not to talk during the lesson, or not to get distracted, and was extremely strict with her she took it very well and got back on focus. The powers of Bagua :D.

• Like 4

I was pretty amazed when I went down there this past weekend, how much her Bagua has improved! She practices lots, which is good, and it shows. I was also very amazed that every single time I told her not to talk during the lesson, or not to get distracted, and was extremely strict with her she took it very well and got back on focus. The powers of Bagua :D.

Sometimes it is a matter of how and where we channel our energy. I am glad to hear she can focus on her practice.

• Like 2

The powers of Bagua, rooting, grounding, Aksijaha, Zhang Zhuan, some extremely talented local counselors, and Bagua again!

I think there are not many times when someone tries to help others, but when they do they simply find there is no help they can provide and instead they are getting pulled into a dark corner of the other member.

I don't know NAJA, and I don't want to continue discussion on her here... but I know Songtsan practically began to stalk and post about you and for that reason we took quick action after a few occurrences.

I will say that sometimes these people have their own issues going on and deep down they are good people who are lost/seeking/mixed up, etc. Such is life. We all play some part in seeing where we can help and when we realize we cannot, then we cut the rope and move on.

Your concerns are noted and appreciated.

Bringing back banned members is not usually done without much discussion, some sighing hesitation and a little faith in the person.

I know of one member recently brought back from banned status and the reasons for the original banned status showed up rather strongly again... and again... and again. After a quick chat with the member, I was glad to see this settled down and I have faith it was the right decision. Not all our decisions will be right but they are thoughtful and consider the person; that includes bringing them back and banning them, and everything in-between.

---

I would like to close this thread as the original purpose has been noted, with some agreement and disagreement.

The mods have seen it and appreciate those concerned about other members. Your open and honest opinions are all noted.

We will discussion the issue below the Pit... in the dungeon... I'll ask BKA to bring cookies and coffee.

• Like 4

We have a 7 page thread about NAJA in the backroom detailing her past history on TTBs that will help I'm sure. PS if anyone is worried, I'm (obviously) staying out of any decision making on this one as I have a very obvious bias ;)