flowing hands

new verses of the DDJ

I am going to beg Li Erh Xian Shi (Lao Tzu) to teach me the rest of the verses which he originally wrote while staying at the border keepers house.

These texts or verses are basically called the 'sacred or spiritual verses of the Way and its heart'.

The term DDJ was given to these verses at some time after Li Erh wrote them.

I will start off with verse 82 and I hope he will honour me with his teachings. This will be a first and a great gift to humankind. If he doesn't want to teach me, well there's nothing I can do, but look to see on this post whether I have been successful.

• Like 2

Hope you are proficient in 文言文, and ancient spoken Chinese. Let him speak his language and let us decide on the translation. Otherwise heed the saying: From the mouth of the profet tis but the profet's words cometh out.

Hope you are proficient in 文言文, and ancient spoken Chinese. Let him speak his language and let us decide on the translation. Otherwise heed the saying: From the mouth of the profet tis but the profet's words cometh out.

If there is a response, it will be in an understood language. That is the way of Xian Ren response to such begging.

• Like 2

No, not us with a limited mentality about these kind of highly written literature.

I'll leave that up to the Chinese college professors who are familiar with 文言文.

... familiar with 文言文.

And then there are those much like myself who have no freakin' idea what that means.

• Like 4

Personally I don't want any new verse but only older verses ! :angry:

Hehehe. We can't always get what we want.

But I would likely agree with you.

• Like 1

And then there are those much like myself who have no freakin' idea what that means.

Well, you ought to know. The old Tao Te Ching was not written in contemporary Chinese, you know!

I can't read contemporary Chinese either. I don't speak Chinese either. I do speak Taoese though.

Okay, Marblehead.

If it wasn't written in contemporary Chinese, then it has to be in Classic. I see that you don't read metaphors neither. :P

Edited by ChiDragon

I see that you don't read metaphors neither. :P

Very observant my fellow man.

You gotta' just tell me what you what me to hear. (That's why I had so much trouble with my first readings of the TTC.)

• Like 1

I am afraid I am not fluent in written or spoken Chinese, but luckily Li Erh is fluent in English! Immortals can speak and write many languages, unlike us mere humans they can learn almost in an instant. If LI Erh honours me with his teachings then it will be the best translation and meaning in English you will get. There will be no need of Chinese characters.

• Like 1

What did you have for breakfast this morning....???

I'm guessing a mushroom omelet.

And then there are those much like myself who have no freakin' idea what 文言文 means.

I know it's a palindrome.

Hey guys I haven't even written anything yet and yet there are now two pages of playing with words.

I hope there is going to be more respect for what I write if I can ?

• Like 2

Hey guys I haven't even written anything yet and yet there are now two pages of playing with words.

I hope there is going to be more respect for what I write if I can ?

Hehehe. You'll be fine.

And so I cast my pearls amongst the swine!

Sorry folks taking off the chapters will publish them all up to 108

Edited by flowing hands
  • Like 5

Okay. Consistent with the Philosophy except for the symbolism of golden, white and blue light. (But if that is from Taoist Alchemy then I would be unaware of it.)

I liked the symbolism of the tree.