ChiDragon

The "Like This" button!

I think that the "Like This" button feature serves a multifunction purpose. It has lots of different meanings depends who uses and what one likes about what had been said in one's post.

1. What triggers that you want to use the "Like This" button....??? OR
2. What was in your mind before you click the "Like This" button....???

• Like 3

You want I should stop liking certain of your posts?

Actually, I use it to indicate I have read the post, that the post is causing no negative thoughts in my mind but yet I feel no reason to speak directly in response to it.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 3

I think that the "Like This" button feature serves a multifunction purpose. It has lots of different meanings depends who uses and what one likes about what had been said in one's post.

1. What triggers that you want to use the "Like This" button....??? OR

2. What was in your mind before you click the "Like This" button....???

That its a good post and (often) that I agree with what was said. Or sometimes its witty and makes me laugh. Or it´s a post by Marblehead and I think he needs cheering up.

• Like 5

Well, so far I have "Like"d every post in this thread, even my own.

Well, I have seen people made remarks against me and somebody clicked the "Like" button. :D

• Like 1

Well, I have seen people made remarks against me and somebody clicked the "Like" button. :D

Belly laughs. I can laugh 'cause it has happened to me too.

• Like 2

It's nice practice to read the posts and try not to bias the post based on how many likes it has

• Like 1

I've also discovered something...

Once I start liking a certain person's post, I feel more inclined to like more of theirs. Like subconsciously, it's a way of keeping "in" with that individual. And I notice the same goes for others liking my posts. It's like we have a clique haha.

Human nature eh?

So I make a conscious effort now to read everyone's posts in a thread equally and like new people's if I genuinely do.

I have spotted this behaviour on twitter too. People might have 1000 followers, but 95% of interaction is with the same 6 or so people.

I'm a bit sad. Analysing is what I do lol

• Like 4

Belly laughs. I can laugh 'cause it has happened to me too.

You know what that does? It turns the "Like" button into a "Dislike" one....!!!

• Like 1

It's nice practice to read the posts and try not to bias the post based on how many likes it has

Here is the way I'm looking at it. If the content of a post is true and people liked, then it is fine. However, if the information in the post is false and everybody liked, then it means everyone agrees. Don't you think that some kind of ignorance on their part has been shown....???

• Like 1

And I really like it when a person quotes themself. (You didn't listen the first time so I'm going to say it again.) Hehehe.

Yeah, there are lots of ways to stab a person in the back and make them feel that you just gave them a massage.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 3

Yeah, there are lots of ways to stab a person in the back and make them feel that you just gave them a massage.

Yeah! That was what Lao Zi accused Confucius of being performing hypocritical rituals. :D

ooops.....

Second thought, it was not meant to be in the related posts but just turned out that way.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

ooops.....

Second thought, it was not meant to be in the related posts but just turned out that way.

Yeah, you are known for going off topic, even in your own threads. Hehehe.

• Like 2

If you want to know who the cult leaders are- sort out all the "Likes"

No, dont.

Don't count them up and make it a popularity contest.

Besides which, don't we all go, I don't want to be a guru or cult leader, I don't want no followers oh no, not me.

looks innocent...

I like a post I like.

If it makes me laugh, or I agree strongly, or its well put and thought provoking, if it shows I am in error, if it shows I am correct, or I think it is to the point or incisive etc.

I don't generally look to see how many likes each post gets, but I love to get notified of each like. It motivates me to post.

I don't like it when a post gets no likes.

Then I think what's the matter with you bums, can't you discern true wisdom when you read it...

• Like 2

I'm so trying hard not to like any comments on this thread.

I had a member go ape on me for liking someone's comment though as it didn't fit his religious views. So I was perceived as having opposing views!

I just liked the idea and the question. Amazing how people get the wrong idea about you just because you click a button!

• Like 2