SonOfTheGods

Americans who claim to be allergic to electromagnetic signals settle ..where WiFi is banned

'I used to be sick all the time': Dozens of Americans who claim to be allergic to electromagnetic signals settle in small West Virginia town where WiFi is banned

• Green Bank, West Virginia is situated in the middle of the National Radio Quiet Zone
  • All electromagnetic signals are banned within the zone including WiFi and cellphones
  • The zone was set up to protect the world's largest radio telescopes from electronic interference
  • Americans from across the country have resettled in Green Bank to get away from the signals, which they find physically damaging
  • More than 30 people have relocated to Green Bank as of 2013
Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

A small remote town where Wi-Fi is banned has become an unlikely haven for people claiming modern technology has been making them ill.

The so-called 'Wi-Fi refugees' are flocking to the tiny settlement to escape painful symptoms including burning skin, chest pains and acute headaches.

The sufferers argue the affliction - a condition known as Electromagnetic Sensitivity - has been eased by the move and report feeling much better.

Many have relocated to Green Bank, West Virginia, from across America to avoid mobile phones, Wi-Fi hotspots, TV and radio transmissions. As of 2013, 36 people have relocated to Green Bank.

It is called psychosomatic illness. I happen to know a few in my town who claim they are allergic to the electrical current in wiring. The only allergic reaction to that is by grabbing a 110 or 220 line.

It is called psychosomatic illness. I happen to know a few in my town who claim they are allergic to the electrical current in wiring. The only allergic reaction to that is by grabbing a 110 or 220 line.

Right, that's why I get severe chest pains from bluetooth when I don't realize my friend had it turned on...

Wifi, I find does mess with magic and spirits a bit, makes it harder to work with them.

• Like 3

Right, that's why I get severe chest pains from bluetooth when I don't realize my friend had it turned on...

Wifi, I find does mess with magic and spirits a bit, makes it harder to work with them.

Call on the spirits of wifi and ask them to improve your reception of other spirits. No I am not joking. In classical magical theory all of modern science can be reframed into a subdivision of the intersection between natural magic mathematical magic. You just drop the dogmatic materialism that is a holdover from the Seventeenth Century revival of Epicureanism and think of the phenomena the same way that Agrippa describes 'Occult Virtues' as deriving from 'formal causes' that are instantiated by the circuits in the hardware and the materials of which they are made. Just as there are spirits of plants and stones, there are spirits of bluetooth and wifi. Make peace with them. It could help your chest pains too.

• Like 4

I'd move there but I am allergic to radio telescope signals. Sometimes the internet gives me a pain in the neck and I wont go near facebook.

• Like 2

A somatoform once bit my sister...

Somatoform disorders can be just as "real" as ailments caused by known general medical conditions.

Mynd you, somatoform bites Kan be pretti nasti...

Call on the spirits of wifi and ask them to improve your reception of other spirits. No I am not joking. In classical magical theory all of modern science can be reframed into a subdivision of the intersection between natural magic mathematical magic. You just drop the dogmatic materialism that is a holdover from the Seventeenth Century revival of Epicureanism and think of the phenomena the same way that Agrippa describes 'Occult Virtues' as deriving from 'formal causes' that are instantiated by the circuits in the hardware and the materials of which they are made. Just as there are spirits of plants and stones, there are spirits of bluetooth and wifi. Make peace with them. It could help your chest pains too.

Too bad I didn't think of that, a few months back! My room was the only room in the entire large 2 story house which wouldn't get proper wifi. We upgraded the router and our service though and now all is fine. Fortunately wifi seems fine for me, but yeah not bluetooth. I also wonder if we adapt to some stuff over time, a survival thing. I'll have to give the spirits of various waves and such a call, even if out of pure curiosity. Gotta be some smartmeter technology ones. Not so sure I want to chat with the microwave ones though....

Hmmmm, I sooo gotta tell some magician friends of mine that I was accused of having the same biases as Agrippa :D.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

A somatoform once bit my sister...

Somatoform disorders can be just as "real" as ailments caused by known general medical conditions.

Mynd you, somatoform bites Kan be pretti nasti...

Yeah but a somatoform has no 'medical' explanation ... my chiropractor cured my 'somatoformic disorder' because my doctor didnt accept chiropracty ... however I found a doctor that did accept it, which means I never had a 'somoatoformic disorder' in the first place.

LOL

Yeah, I know someone who was in the hospital in a coma-like state due to cerebral embolism (complete w/ "do not resuscitate" order in place) until a healer made it all go away. The diagnosis then changed to the medical equivalent of "just one of those things..."

;)

• Like 3

You know, it is incredibly invalidating to simply assume that someone else's illness isn't real, or is some popular fad they're claiming, or is all in their head as if they're just stupid or messed up. 

I can't even count the number of people I have known who presented to doctors in succession who said "all in your head" or "no findings" only to later discover things nobody was real clear on initially such as lyme, or hashimoto's, and there are very likely other issues similar to lyme going on that we haven't yet found yet. People were "whiny layabouts" in some doctor's eyes if they claimed chronic fatigue syndrome until some % of that turned out to be lyme disease -- yet still it's assumed, as long as it doesn't qualify for that particular thing.

I went to doctors who swore they didn't believe me for years about certain symptoms -- which only annoyed me, not hurt me -- only to find out I have a familial condition so common it's estimated in 1 of 10 women, officially named here in the USA at the Mayo clinic in 1940 and known semi-ok in Europe but is "not taught in medical school" in the US so it's considered nonexistent, followed by advice that literally *makes it worse* as a result.

I went to the doctor when I was falling asleep on the highway and more only to be offered antidepressants, until other people with severe untreated sleep apnea started killing people on the highway and finally insurance issues caused medical field publications to start running stories about it. Allegedly it only happened to people with fat necks, physical interference. Which I didn't have, nor did my rather lean father who had it worse than I did.

When I quit eating gluten entirely simply because I had switched to a meats-fats-vegetables diet for a few weeks, all my severe asthma, severe allergy, severe acid reflux, went away, as well as acne, brainfog, depression and other issues that had only come on when those did, in my mid to late 30s rather out of the blue. Of course I'd been told there's nothing you can do, this is just the way it is, there's no actual reason for these things, would you like some pills for the reflux and here's another inhaler. Banned gluten and glutin from my diet and look it's magic, all that stuff is gone, as is the growing arthritis I was starting to get in a couple joints.  Then discovered if you are not assaulting your immune system with something like that at all for an extended period, and you suddenly eat a bunch (even by accident), your immune system is all tanked up and ready to go, and when you wake up the next morning, you'll feel like you got run over by a tank in the night -- "I got gluten'd!" -- it's horrible. And a world full of people who are sure gluten intolerance is some kind of made up fashion statement for idiots. (Some of that world with their own symptoms they're completely oblivious to being very likely related to the same thing.)

It's really just ridiculous to assume anything about another person's health. How could anybody possibly know??

If people say that wireless signals or anything else really bother them, I assume they have good cause to think so.

This reality is just vibration! That's it! Nothing is physical so nothing is more or less "real" than any other thing, and because it's all just a matter of vibration, it's not at all any stretch to say that certain wavelengths of frequency may bother some people for some reason.

• Like 1

I forget the name of it.  Either Waldo or Magic Inc, but in the 1940s sci fi writer Robert Heinlein wrote a short story about society poisoning itself through there invisible energy waves. 

• Like 1

I forget the name of it.  Either Waldo or Magic Inc, but in the 1940s sci fi writer Robert Heinlein wrote a short story about society poisoning itself through there invisible energy waves. 

It's Waldo, the theme of which is the ill effects of "broadcast power", the replacement of wired electrical power distribution with broadcast power, as envisioned by Tesla, which apparently has bad effects on the human nervous system.  Waldo and Magic, Inc., were available in a single volume and thus and both have the theme of the reality of magic and thus easy to confuse.

• Like 1