TheExaltedRonin

How do you "live in the moment"

I love your open challenge to mindfulness. I will keep watching your posts in this thread and others. I have similar questions!

• Like 1

Do you perform mindfulness?

Or do you naturally just go with the flow in whatever your doing and allow all thoughts to pass?

Though I am about to go "Tao of Pooh" on you and suggest that they might as well be the same thing!

• Like 1

Do you perform mindfulness?

Yes, but I also perform mindlessness.

To all things there is a season.

• Like 3

Yes, but I also perform mindlessness.

To all things there is a season.

Yes, mindlessness helps me write songs!

Mindfulness helps me to pay attention to things that benefit me.

• Like 1

Yes, mindlessness helps me write songs!

Mindfulness helps me to pay attention to things that benefit me.

True, and yet ,,depending on what you understand un-mindfulness to be ,it can also set you in the frame of mind to well address things that you consider beneficial to yourself.

If one has faith that the Wise old gentlemen were actually trying to give helpful suggestions rather than silly ones, then the view of mind--ness that makes actionable sense, is one you should consider to embody the meaning they intended.

• Like 1

It is not easy to change. All the actual steps may not be difficult at all. The situation takes some getting used to.

Will I get the ultimate joke made at my expense? Maybe, maybe not. If it is the universe, it is not personal. But it feels pretty damn personal.

It is hard to understand progress but the geometry of failure litters the ground all around me.

The situation pisses me off but my anger doesn't help.

It frightens me but my fear just separates me from the thing.

There is this narrow passage I need to navigate. I could definitely get this all wrong. It feels good to take responsibilty for what happens, especially when that starts with looking closely at all the things I have no control over.

I am sure that my explanation cleared up all possible confusion in the matter. :-]

I am still breathing slowlyFA11904.jpg and deep down to the dan tian.

Right leg over left? I was told to do the opposite haha...

Yeah I know what you said yesterday...not so important as long as the breathing is correct.

On that note, and damn, I'm getting confused what thread I'm on. There are 3 very similar right now all happening at once. Yesterday I was doing push ups, sit ups etc and really noticed my breathing. Am I building chi when doing workouts?? Does this mean that seated meditation/qi gong etc is not the only way?? Can it be done while watching TV sat on the sofa?

Yesterday I was doing push ups, sit ups etc and really noticed my breathing.

1. Am I building chi when doing workouts??

2. Does this mean that seated meditation/qi gong etc is not the only way??

3. Can it be done while watching TV sat on the sofa?

Rara.....

1. Workouts are considered to be external practice. Therefore, you are loosing Chi because of the fast movements will cause fatigue due to exhaustion.

2. Sitting Chi Kung is good for healing and calming your mind. Moving Chi Kung is more effective in exercising the muscles and joints. The movements and breathing must be very slow, in order, to be in the internal practice mode.

3. Yes, it can be done while watching TV on the sofa as long your abdomen can be moved in and out freely while breathing.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

OMG! I just ate some black liquorish and it is awful!

It's always awful, Green Tiger! They make it that way on purpose (don't ask me why 'cause I don't understand it either...)

• Like 2

Rara.....

1. Workouts are considered to be external practice. Therefore, you are loosing Chi because of the fast movements will cause fatigue due to exhaustion.

Muscle farigue yeah...but one still feels energised from the, I dunno my biology sucks, increased intake of oxygen and blood pumping around the body. Is this not the same as yoga and stretching?

I like how workouts, stretches and meditation all work in harmony with each other...

Muscle farigue yeah...but one still feels energised from the, I dunno my biology sucks, increased intake of oxygen and blood pumping around the body. Is this not the same as yoga and stretching?

I like how workouts, stretches and meditation all work in harmony with each other...

Yes, as long you have a good Chi Kung(CK) background, CK will help you to rejuvenate alot quicker after a workout. The intake of oxygen and blood pumping were paying back the oxygen debt in the body after a strenuous exercise. Actually, you still feel energized is because it was the heat that was generated by the rapid blood circulation. Your body was trying to recuperate and restore the energy that was used up during workout. Eventually, your fatigue will go away when your heart returns to the rest state(normal heartbeat).