Sign in to follow this  
Spectrum

Starting Fresh... Again

.... I've reach critical mass.

Time to shoot the documentary. Who wants in?

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Time to shoot the documentary. Who wants in?
I haven't been tracking closely, lately...

What's "the documentary"?

~ later edit ~

I did some searching, educated myself. Izthisit?

PS - Another angle about this is that a group of us form that are competent in a number of contributary skillsets and shoot a documentary journalling and investigating a number of individual groups and claims associated around the Taoist internal healing arts in general.

There are a number of individuals on here that are in positions to network support of such a project and which would be mutually beneficial for all involved. The world is still a very big place still rich in virgin unconsumer knowledge untouched by the twiddling hands of western commercialization. There are plenty of mysteries yet to be quested. There are plenty of people still interested in seeking something other then what the 5 o clock news peddles.

and

I would be willing to volunteer to shoot footage for a documentary about this. Tao Bums: The Movie.

The willingness to search is usually met w/ answers. ...

Still, what kinds of participation are you looking for?

Trunk - exactly & more!

Sean - will it be ok to plug the site?

Others - I've been gestating a list of topics for more than a couple years... a range of grass roots topics.

Internal/external movement arts, gung fu, etc, health & martial, sacred geometry, sound & acoustics, meditation, healing arts, etc. ALL w/ a Taoist / self defense & healing perspective. What do we want to see? What needs coverage... WHO needs to be seen? Whats the moral of the story?

A day in the life of a Tao Bum? Peace Love & Harmony?

Feeling better already,

Spectrum

Let me know what you need, I'll help in any way I can.

I'll need a practice forum set up for the project to document some of the people places & practices.

Spectrum

Ok. I have projected a number of video journal layouts that coodinate the available people in my region, including some tai chi people, some healers, some competitors, all in the name of art.

I'm wondering what the bums might have to offer. Especially in a preformatted video, would be EASY to put some interested themes together!

For instance, myself for example, my wife shot a photo sequence for assisted backbending using a Balans chair. Original? Maybe...

These chairs are GREAT for core development and I wouldn't give mine up for anything less than something better. I came up w/ a super low impact method for working back bends with minimal risk and maximum benifit.

Then the memorex disc we used to shoot it went BAD! So progress towards reliable discs!

Just thoughts to keep my mind ticking on this....

Spectrum

Ok. I have projected a number of video journal layouts that coodinate the available people in my region, including some tai chi people, some healers, some competitors, all in the name of art.

I'm wondering what the bums might have to offer. Especially in a preformatted video, would be EASY to put some interested themes together!

For instance, myself for example, my wife shot a photo sequence for assisted backbending using a Balans chair. Original? Maybe...

These chairs are GREAT for core development and I wouldn't give mine up for anything less than something better. I came up w/ a super low impact method for working back bends with minimal risk and maximum benifit.

Then the memorex disc we used to shoot it went BAD! So progress towards reliable discs!

Just thoughts to keep my mind ticking on this....

Spectrum

well, it should include a diet part and a sexual part. Showing the variety of diets that taoists follow, some of the reasons. And of the sexual practices.

Hacking life?

I think a series on neutralizing postures for internal arts would be relavent as well. IE. what to do when something doesn't "feel" right.... or just downright hurts.

Edited by Spectrum

How about just documenting the challenges and trivias of being a taobum in everyday western culture.

It would be great just to show the phases, stages, levels, obstacles, themes, adversity and bliss us Taobums have in trying to integrate practice in life, or trying to withdraw from the world.

This stuff is in short supply in any spiritual documentary these days. Usually we tend to focus on the really extraordinary or advanced. Yet showing the way quite regulare folks like us try to apply spiritual practice and being a hedonist or a IT-consultant at the same time, that is worth the time!

h

well, it should include a diet part and a sexual part. Showing the variety of diets that taoists follow, some of the reasons. And of the sexual practices.

Hacking life?

All noted. Diet is a big one for sure. All appetites certainly.

Hacked mapped and packed.

I isolated some stills from a wudang form this morning you guys are gonna wanna see.

Sign in to follow this