TheExaltedRonin

What should one do/think of while walking?

The answer is quite simple:

Quit trying. No effort. Just remember the teachings, put them into effect and live naturally.

what was the question again?

when one walks one should walk

Two adepts meet and discuss their masters. The one says, "My master can fly with the birds and walk through walls. What about yours?"

The second hesitates a bit but then replies, "well, my master doesn't do any of that stuff. All i can say is that when he's hungry, he eats; when he's tired, he sleeps"

The first adept laughs out loud at this and hurries back to tell his master of this 'poser' pretending to be a great master who apparently can't do anything amazing at all.

"When he's hungry, he eats, and when he's tired, he sleeps! And that's it! Can you believe that, master?"

The boastful adept's master then asks where he can find this other master.

"So you can put him in his place, yes! He's behind the mountain ..."

On arriving behind the mountain, the master of the boastful adept falls to his knees in front of the humble master and cries out, "Teach me, please, oh great one!"

Time for a little walk :)

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 2

I think are my ankles relaxed, are my shoulders relaxed, is my torso turning slightly with my hips, are my hips relaxed, can I feel gravity pulling on my arms, am I suspended from my head top, is my chin tucked in, am I exhaling deeply enough, how great it is to experience this life I have been given

• Like 1

While walking I tend to think of:

Rooting

Sink

Focus on ldt and sink qi there

Tailbone tucked under just a tiny bit

Head up, chin down, neck straight

Yes I mean while walking down the street :).

Same here. Unless you integrate your daily actions into your practice it will not progress as it should considering few of us work manual labor any longer.

• Like 1

If its meditation, circle walking, mindful walking, zen walking or something specific, disregard all of the following.

But if this is ordinary everyday walking we're talking about then there are some frugal and perhaps obvious thoughts...

I tend to try to relax and just walk. What comes to mind comes to mind and leaves again, its easy to overdo it.

Think however and whatever your mind brings you and forget it asap. Empty of intention.

Often i find myself thinking a lot more when not walking relaxed and comfortable (for me personally it means staying in the shade, maintaining a flowing rythm, pacing my energy, relaxing the ming men and dan tien area, breathing smoothly and just enjoying the walking), thats when i find i dislike the houses or trees or start to think how far is it, is there a faster route there and such.

If walking "right", i hardly notice i've come to destination, might even take another tour around the block for the hell of it.

If walking feels wrong then its troubles all the way, shoes are wrong, clothes chafe, sun is too bright, air's too cold, rains too much, stupid people all around me, stupid cars, crappy road etc etc. All thoughts arise and there is immense and immediate clinging.

I keep asking myself why sometimes it feels right and sometimes wrong, its probably because im not very good at staying empty and just let right and wrong be important.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth

Walking. Watch where you walk....

and watch your back, Taoists....

there are 13easts out there..... I think the Tao Jesus, Lao Tzu... said 10,000 beasts or so? but he says to see the dragon as a straw-dog so.... next time you see a komodo dragon, god-forbid an ethereal, or a bear or lion or pissed off guerilla, hell a shark...REMEMBER DTAOISTS, just "straw-dogs"...

sow discord, FBGM

^_-

-edited by "fizix-of-Darwin"

Edited by fizix