it seems like a taboo and a "bad" thing to want to change the world

like its somehow evil or unspiritual

Personally I want to change the world,

• Like 2

anyone else?

Im just waiting for someone to jump into this thread

and tell me how unspiritual I am because I want to change the world

probly cos i have a lion in me atm

Sometimes changing the world is a euphemism for- I want others to believe and act the way I do. Or worse, I don't do this but you have to. There's an element of evil to that.. maybe necessary evil, but negative nonetheless even for 'righteous' causes.

Frankly, no one likes to be told what to do. The best lead by example, but that can be a very slow way of change.

• Like 6

It doesn't make you evil or unspiritual. You might take a look at history and the people that 'tried to change the world' and what came out of that. "Dictators and disciples" comes to mind, a great book if you haven't read it.

You could examine why you want to change the world. What it is that bothers you about how the world is right now. Find all the things that bother you, neutralize them and then see what's left.

Change is happening all the time, we just don't see it.

That's not to say one can't 'picture' a better world for everyone, but that's not quite the same as 'wanting to change things'.

Also, there is much weakness around 'zealotry' and people wanting things to change. History pretty much says it all when it comes to 'zealotry' (people getting their way) and where that leads.

Wanting the world to fit with our thoughts or ideas of 'how they should be' is more or less insanity.

• Like 3

Edited by skydog

I agree with both of your posts..

but I also feel I must continue to express my opinion

often times the general public is very ignorant and is not educated enough to make many decisions

sometimes wanting to change things is just plain positive

and sometimes not wanting to change things is just laziness and the mind rationalising out of fear

and yeh wanting the world to fit with ideals could be considered crazy but could also be considered perfectly natural too

like maybe i just feel very fiery right now, and like I said I feel a lion spirit animal, and want to change things which is a common theme

but in nature there is things that are idealistic and want to change things sometimes too

so i guess its a balance for some to want to do things at certain times

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

Strengthen yourself to limitations from your spiritual experiences and your ancestors. Also, the collective consciousness of human beings putting limitations on each other.

That should give you some neutrality to wanting to change things. Mind you, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with things changing.

Life would be pretty boring if everything was the same all the time!

• Like 2

I've been there (still am to be honest) but my take on it is now leaning towards this: Don't try and change the world, or more importantly its people, but become/aim to be authentically yourself at all times - Acting from that place you will sooner or later change the World, but probably not the entire thing, more like your Authenticity will begin rubbing off on other people and you might inspire at least a few of them to become Authentic themselves.

The more people who become Authentic in this day and age the better - The world is black in many ways, people everywhere run on codes that they didn't write - Becoming an actual, Authentic individual automatically gives you power.

• Like 1

"often times the general public is very ignorant and is not educated enough to make many decisions

sometimes wanting to change things is just plain positive"

Being critical of others is the opposite of what daoism is trying to accomplish-if anything.

One must see and hear without having a opinion form. One must aimlessly wander.

When trying to change the world you will build anger, resentment, fear, criticism and more-not in the world you wish to change but within yourself.

Cultivate yourself before moving on. The only thing I suggest one does in the position your In is to not be directly involved. Spectate and assist when needed.

Be still. Be calm. Be resonant.

Just my ignorant unenlightened two cents.

• Like 2

"often times the general public is very ignorant and is not educated enough to make many decisions

Being critical of others is the opposite of what daoism is trying to accomplish-if anything.

When trying to change the world you will build anger, resentment, fear, criticism and more-not in the world you wish to change but within yourself.

Cultivate yourself before moving on. The only thing I suggest one does in the position your In is to not be directly involved. Spectate and assist when needed.

see thats the thing

I didnt really ask you to give a critiscm of me

or try to teach me anything at all

Im just pointing out a plain fact, a lot of people are brainwashed, manipulated, enslaved etc etc...and they are educated to be this way, it is not a negative judgement but a true fact, many people are not aware enough to make huge decisisions

and this doesnt mean im going to go changing everyone about everything

I only plan to build my own projects and be myself, and hope others join along if it is right for them, but Id still like to change the general level of happiness and peace in the worlds

• Like 1

and please dont try to teach me what some taoist book says, how about thinking for yourself for once!

How are you going to do it ? Whats the plan ?

my plan is continue to grow, energetically, mentally, spiritually, with courage to the fullest degree I can and with power I can..

Then continue to follow my intuition and whatever guides I have

and make paintings like 10 a month which is probably either going to be on the subject of sustainable living or how energy exists or the beauty of nature or animals etc...then display them, maybe then learn the things i want to and build some sustainable villages, communities with the information..maybe put them in a big gallery made in my own way

or sometimes my paintings maybe have energetic effect on others or the world..

and yeh thats most of my plans

I agree it has to be coming from a place of inner happiness

but yeh once in a while i think one has to accpet this inner urge to want to change things

like the lion animal is highly idealistic

and maybe it just comes to me when i have a tough time in life and need help so care more about changing my suffering or the worlds suffering

yeh

Hi mr. skydog lion,

How's it roaring? :)

You know what Gandhi said:

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

That's really all you have control over. Even then, you gots to accept what you can't even change about yourself. Like if you're too furry. Or your fangs are too long. ;)

Ciao --

:wub:

im doing good thanks, and you?

hows it turtling

People like the freedom to make mistakes, and learn on their own. They hate being forced to do the right thing, and being told what's correct. To take that free will away from them can create problems for yourself. If you want your free will to be respected rather than subverted or controlled, you have to give others the same privilege. This is a hard thing for me to learn, personally.

• Like 1

good luck ! also hopefully your own personal transformation will be so spaceouss and so totally rock and inspire many to transform .

• Like 2

or sometimes my paintings maybe have energetic effect on others or the world..

Ohhh, I thought I felt some energy coming off that painting you did for me! I didn't like it, so I broke it and put it in a dumpster!

Have fun with your group in Mexico (don't tell me to doubt my Intuition again, either).

:P

Ohhh, I thought I felt some energy coming off that painting you did for me! I didn't like it, so I broke it and put it in a dumpster!

Have fun with your group in Mexico (don't tell me to doubt my Intuition again, either).

:P

ok man

well you asked me to do a painting for you, its totally your right to break the painting.. and it was an energetic painting

yes i will tell you to doubt your intuition if i want, dont send me dumbass death threats for no reason, i have never had any negative intention towards you and still dont

you need to sort out some of your issues

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

If you don't want any assistance and or guidance why post the thread?

You said it yourself.

Just do what you will. No one here can or will change that.

I made the thread because there is too much of this idea that it is bad to want to help others or change things in the world

some people are more fiery

some people are more watery

sometimes people just retreat into spirituality to avoid the world

• Like 1

I made no threat of death, Mr. Skydog.

Best wishes.

you really want me to copy and paste the message you wrote to me

if you did something wrong, say sorry or quit trying to badger me

even your last message about breaking my painting in half and have fun with my group in mexico

was completely vicious and uncalled for

probably because you misinterpreted that i ignored your post

or you blamed me for some aggression or something

Ok, just looking back at the Facebook messages: Yes, at certain times I may have come across in an angry, aggressive, even threatening way, but there were never any direct death threats. Let's not make this very public, but it ended with you accusing me of acting Psychotic when I was actually very calm and my last messages were very grounded...Anyway, I'll leave you alone now, skyyyydawwwwg.