mike 134

damn kundalini at it again

-been fine for months now

-living cleanly, going to bed the same time every day, working out every day, eating healthy.

-Monday night tossed and turned in bed until 4 AM. Feeling energy flows everywhere, especially going to my head. Couldn't get rid of it. Twitching everywhere. Had to take Xanax to finally sleep.

-last night tossed and turned until 3 AM. Again energy and heat streams everywhere. Finally fell asleep but woke up every 30 minutes. Half awake followed by intense dreams followed by half awake.

-got up this morning, tired as hell, eyes bloodshot, agitated, yelling expletives.

I hate this kunda fucking lini.

EDIT: resolved. Had neck tension which went away on massage and stretching. Felt a big flow downward after that and I'm not congested in the head anymore. Thx for the responses !

Edited by mike 134
  • Like 1

It can help to eat some beef and go for a long walk, even though it's the middle of the night. Better than trying to force yourself to sleep, which doesn't work. A lukewarm bath also can help calm the nervous system down.

• Like 1

i am kundalini i know all see all and be all

i am kundalini i know all see all and be all

Which will be of real help with working out which plants are likely to do well in your planned garden project.

• Like 1

-living cleanly, going to bed the same time every day, working out every day, eating healthy.

-Monday night tossed and turned in bed until 4 AM. Feeling energy flows everywhere, especially going to my head. Couldn't get rid of it. Twitching everywhere. Had to take Xanax to finally sleep.

-last night tossed and turned until 3 AM. Again energy and heat streams everywhere. Finally fell asleep but woke up every 30 minutes. Half awake followed by intense dreams followed by half awake.

-got up this morning, tired as hell, eyes bloodshot, agitated, yelling expletives.

May I ask what kind of physical or mental activity were you doing in those early hours....???

Here is a practical exercise you can do in order to ground exessive energy and bring your system back to balance:

1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, relax mind and body. Place palms over your navel (right hand over left hand - left hand over navel)

2. During the exercise when you inhale, contract Huiyin, when you exhale expand Huiyin.

3. As you inhale, put attention on the bubbling spring energy centers at the bottom of your feet. With your mind and visualization, draw energy from the left foot up the inside of the left leg into Huiyin.

4. As you exhale, expand Huiyin and project the energy down the inside of the right leg into the bubbling spring energy center at the right foot.

5. Reverse the process and start with the right foot. Repeat 9, 18 or 36 times.

6. Imagine that you are breathing from the energy centers of your palms into the navel and exhaling from the navel through Huiyin and down the inside of both legs to the feet and into the earth. Repeat 9 times, Make sure your breath is slow, even and natural.

Hope that helps.

This exercise is also helpful:

The Kundalini Awakening Breathing Instructions

1. Begin by sitting in the fudosai meditative posture. The mudra of choice to rest the fingers of the right hand within the fingers of the left hand, palms facing upwards with the thumb tips touching each other. The hands should be then resting comfortably in the area of the genitals.

2. Place the tongue on the roof of the mouth just behind where the teeth join with the palate. Close the eyes.

3. Begin to slowly belly breath, inhaling the air DOWN into the abdomen, expanding the stomach as the air enters the body. Fill the lungs from bottom to top. Inhale for a count of four. Time the breathing with the SLOW counting so that you have filled your lungs just as your reach four.

4. Exhale slowly from the top of your lungs to the bottom, contracting the stomach inwards. This should pull the tummy back inwards toward the spine. Do this for a slow count of ten.

5. Inhale once again, same as before. There should be no pause between the inhaling and the exhaling; the breath is seamless. Focus on the counting to keep the extraneous thoughts from intruding. Continue this for at least ten minutes a day.

The eventual goal is to get the breathing down to between four and six breaths a minute. The downward push of inhale will eventually become testicular breathing and inflate out well below the navel without the upper ribs moving at all.

Safety First: The Secret Smile

The first meditation required for success in the Lightening Path training is the "Secret Smile". Always begin your practice with the secret smile. You want your body to be very happy. That way your hormonal system will cooperate and you will avoid discomfort. I have observed that kundalini moves best through a happy camper and this meditation is a process for internalizing an intensely positive mind-state. A certain degree of intensity is required to raise the kundalini and so this practice draws on highly charged positive emotions that most people are familiar with. There are five emotions utilized in the Heaven's Way Chi Kung, Lightening Path Esoteric Yoga Secret Smile Meditation.

Circulating the Five Intense Positive Mind States

Relaxed Calm: After you are in the fudosai meditation posture and have begun Zen breathing for 5-10 minutes, put a smile on your face. You should actually lift your cheeks so the corners of your mouth turn up. Next tighten your toes until they really hurt and then release them. Do this three times paying attention to the relaxed feeling that occurs with in between each pause. Move that relaxed feeling up from the soles of your feet to your ankles and then up to your calves. Bring it around to your knees and to the heavy muscles of the thighs allowing them to soften and relax. Picture your thorax as a grail filling up with relaxation. Let the intestines, stomach, and lower back fill up as well. Next, allow it to flow up into your chest, upper back, and shoulder so that it overflows into your arms and down to the fingertips. Let your arms fill up until the relaxed feeling begins to move around your neck and up the back of the head coming up over your ears and skull to rest behind your eyes. Catch the feeling with your relaxed tongue and swallow it down to the bottom of your belly where you swirl it around.

Confidence: Remember a time when you did something you were not only proud of but other people recognized your achievement. Pay attention to how you felt. Erase the people and the event while keeping the feeling. Take that feeling down to your feet and bring it up through your body in the same manner as in the active relaxation, but this time you don't have to tighten your toes. Bring it over you head, mix with the saliva, swallow, and allow it to mix with the relaxed feeling and then the cycle begins anew. Do this for three cycles of more of breath.

Happiness: Next, picture a time when you were laughing so hard you literally fell down, cracked up, and totally lost it. Take out the joke or situation and hold onto that wonderful feeling. Take that down to your feet and bring it up through your body over your head, swallow it down and mix with the other feelings. Then combine the four feelings to breathe through your body following the identical procedure. Do this for three or more cycles of breath.

Love: Now remember a time when you were in love and felt loving. Take out the loved one and the situation and hold onto that wonderful feeling. Take that down to your feet and bring it up through
your body over your head, swallow it down and mix with the other feelings. Then combine the four feelings to breathe through your body following the identical procedure. Do this for three or more cycles of breath.

Ecstasy: The smile is for adults over 19 years of age. If you are sexually active, remember the best orgasm you ever had, and if male, hold onto the movement just before ejaculation and breathe that feeling through
your body (as you probably don't want to stain your trousers and the male orgasm is usually too short for this exercise). If female, let it rip as you breathe through your body from the tip of your toes to the top of your head, down behind your eyes, through the tongue, and back to your belly. This is the power behind the secret smile and one of those important items usually regarded as oral transmission. Do this for three or more cycles of breath.

Once you've succeeded in combining all these feelings and moving them from your feet to your head and back to below your stomach, memorize the process. Make it part of your daily practice until it is so easy that it just become a warm up for other methods that sticks with you.

- Dr Glenn J Morris

• Like 2

I'm going through those detail instructions thx man. Meanwhile I'm gonna take a long walk today. I could feel head congestion and energy streams. I'm trying my best to push it down the front of my body but it doesn't seem to relieve the pressure.

See what you can do, brother. These are just suggestions which may be helpful. Sometimes taking a complete break from cultivation for a time is also part of the path.

Edited by Pai_Mei

Here is a practical exercise you can do in order to ground exessive energy and bring your system back to balance:

1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, relax mind and body. Place palms over your navel (right hand over left hand - left hand over navel)

2. During the exercise when you inhale, contract Huiyin, when you exhale expand Huiyin.

3. As you inhale, put attention on the bubbling spring energy centers at the bottom of your feet. With your mind and visualization, draw energy from the left foot up the inside of the left leg into Huiyin.

4. As you exhale, expand Huiyin and project the energy down the inside of the right leg into the bubbling spring energy center at the right foot.

5. Reverse the process and start with the right foot. Repeat 9, 18 or 36 times.

6. Imagine that you are breathing from the energy centers of your palms into the navel and exhaling from the navel through Huiyin and down the inside of both legs to the feet and into the earth. Repeat 9 times, Make sure your breath is slow, even and natural.

Hope that helps.

Interesting, where did you get this exercise from?

I don't think there's any quick fix, just the long gradual of...

- eating nourishing (cause K tends to burn you out), maybe some tonic herbs for same reason

- bone broth (simmered for at least 6 hours) draws energy inward, grounds, nourishes bones... I freeze bone broth in ice trays, "bone broth cubes" and add 1-3 to soup occasionally... this is a really good trick, and cheap (I get beef short ribs for free at the local organic butcher)

- continue to open the channels in a balanced way, self-acupressure as a long term hobby is a good thing

*If* you can find a *really* good acupuncturist / herbalist, that can really help.

• Like 1

Interesting, where did you get this exercise from?

This exercise is called Wu Shen (Body protection) Qigong and was especially developed for balancing out all effects of incorrect practice or results from overdoing practice or when there is excessive energy in the system. I have used it at numerous occasions with good result. It is also good for relieving high blood pressure. I have a private manuscript of Sunyata Saraswati, author of "Jewel in The Lotus" that contains this exercise.

http://shentaoinnergyarts.com/sunyatasaraswati.html

Edited by Pai_Mei

Sounds like you are angry and frustrated. Gallbladder and liver meridians, too much yang energy rising from the liver.

Instead of blaming 'Kundalini' why not find out what's making you so angry?

This exercise is called Wu Shen (Body protection) Qigong and was especially developed for balancing out all effects of incorrect practice or results from overdoing practice or when there is excessive energy in the system. I have used it at numerous occasions with good result. It is also good for relieving high blood pressure. I have a private manuscript of Sunyata Saraswati, author of "Jewel in The Lotus" that contains this exercise.

Fantastic, I could certainly use something like that. I'll give it a go a bit later.

I don't think there's any quick fix, just the long gradual of...

- eating nourishing (cause K tends to burn you out), maybe some tonic herbs for same reason

- bone broth (simmered for at least 6 hours) draws energy inward, grounds, nourishes bones... I freeze bone broth in ice trays, "bone cubes" and add 1-3 to soup occasionally... this is a really good trick, and cheap (I get beef short ribs for free at the local organic butcher)

- continue to open the channels in a balanced way, self-acupressure as a long term hobby is a good thing

*If* you can find a *really* good acupuncturist / herbalist, that can really help.

try adding a couple of slivers of good quality Korean ginseng next time you're making a new batch of bone broth. Immensely good, especially for men.

For women, add Angelica root (Dong Quai) ~ same quantity.

Update: I've just tried this exercise and it's really nice. It's calmed my nervous system and I have pleasant feelings in my arms and legs. I think the energy that was going into my head has been diverted through the arms and down. Very nice feeling.

*second update*: About half an hour after posting that, very pleasurable sensations are occurring in huyin, wrists, hands and abdomen. This certainly is a powerful practice, my energy system is definitely thanking me for it.

Edited by HoldorFold

try adding a couple of slivers of good quality Korean ginseng next time you're making a new batch of bone broth. Immensely good, especially for men.

For women, add Angelica root (Dong Quai) ~ same quantity.

Korean ginseng is too hot for me... I'm actually drinking some tea w/ dong kuai in it right now. :)

When I want the bone broth cubes to be a little more yang and circulating, I include some ox tail along w/ the beef short ribs. Once frozen into cubes, I dump them into a zip lock bag, labeled with kind/s of bones used, dated, back into the freezer. Super convenient, never goes bad.

~ later ~

in line with the topic...

I would suggest that, for someone w/ awakened K, that any of the hotter ginsengs are probably inappropriate... (I helped out a little in a couple of different herb stores in the LA area in the mid 90's) ... K is already too yang, which is a big part of the problem. Preserving yin (in a balanced way) is important in that situation. Along w/ gradually opening all of the channels, and learning the deeper teachings about how K refines into the potent points along sushumna. Lots and *lots* of people have gotten K awakening in the last several decades, but it's still pretty difficult to find the right kind of help, methods, etc for after it's been awakened. It's kind of like pushing someone off a cliff and then yelling, "now learn to fly" ... there's generally no responsible preparation, etc etc (I could rant on n' on)... and a lot of the teachings that are advertised as helpful are not (often even worse than no help)... it's really a pathetic and tragic situation. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've found Sifu Matsuo's (Dragon Gate Sanctuary) teachings to be the best, by far, that I've come across for prep and post K, fine also w/ no K. His presented methods "put the body together" in a very healthy way, aligned with deep principles.

• Like 2

I hear you man. I pray or supplicate higher beings at that point. Another one when its super painful, is to think about the you, mind and body is not the real you, which actually is feeling pretty good.

Update: I've just tried this exercise and it's really nice. It's calmed my nervous system and I have pleasant feelings in my arms and legs. I think the energy that was going into my head has been diverted through the arms and down. Very nice feeling.

*second update*: About half an hour after posting that, very pleasurable sensations are occurring in huyin, wrists, hands and abdomen. This certainly is a powerful practice, my energy system is definitely thanking me for it.

I am glad you liked it. Its an exercise from my toolbox that I always pull out when my energy is out of balance. I like "stuff that works". PS: Have a look at Glenn Morris' exercise as well if you don't already know it. Great preparational exercise for any Qigong-session and very useful when your system is out of balance as well.Its especially good for situations where you emotionally release or have emtional Qigong-reactions. Puts you in a good mood very quickly.

Edited by Pai_Mei
  • Like 1

resolved. Had bad neck tension. So that stuff can't flow outta my head.

Neck massage + some stretching = fine now. flowing smooth.

Thx for the responses ppl !!

• Like 2

Ha ha ha haha

kundalini talk

in a tao forum

you must be brave :) :) :)

Clock is ticking

am

pm

am

pm

am