Nungali

Is Goetia now 'popular' ?

I read somewhere (cant find it now) that it has becoming popular ... spreading ... and is the 'new .... '.

Then today I find this ; " , and in fact I myself have contributed to Bune’s pop star status by including a spell ..."

http://www.inominandum.com/blog/be-nice-an-approach-to-goetia/

:huh: Pop star status ???

I dont work that way anymore ... its in the past for me. I am often 'behind the times' as well ( like , sometimes when I have moved on from something, it later becomes a new 'craze' .

IS goetic invocation some type of new trend and if so , I wonder what the cause of that is?

In the past, I was considered sus as people thought I was after wealth and power (apparently they think Bune supplies that now ? ) . No ....

Nice people dont do stuff like that ... they use the power of affirmations and .... <pause ... draws a breath > 'The Law of Attraction.' .... but in the DVD on that its about getting diamond jewelry , clothes, a larger bank balance and new bicycles for kids.

Ho-hum .

Hopefully like all crazes, it will pass. Not that I have anything against people who work with the Goetia crew... what I don't like is a whole bunch of irresponsible folks or those newer to magic working with them. This is especially true if they are falling the newer crap methods for doing so (everyone and their dog is writing books on how to work with demons now). Oh well I'll just sit back and let everyone know my rates for fixing evocation screwups...

PS I thought Vassago was the rock star of the Goetia? :D

• Like 1

I thought everyone knew that Jimmy Page was the Rock Star of Goetia. He even printed his own edition of Crowley's version:

Rare 'Red Goetia" Published by Equinox Books

This is the very rare & hard to find 'Red' GOETIA edition, which was published by Equinox Bookshop in London (which was owned by Jimmy Page) in 1976. The text is a facsimile of Crowley's 1904 first edition. Unlike the Magickal Childe (and other similar HC editions of the Goetia which were all published a decade or more later), this edition has Red print on the black cloth covers, which makes it instantly recognizable. This is very rare edition of this important grimoire, and certainly much rarer than the Magickal Childe edition. The book is in very good condition, with a slight bump to the top & bottom corner, and some age toning to the endpapers. The pages of the text are all clean, clear, and free of toning or marking. This would make a magnificent addition to any Thelemic or occult library.

A bargain at a mere $666.00 US! Sorry if you wanted it, you missed it.

• Like 4

In one version of the Goetia (I forget which now) a few of the Daemons are drawn like rock stars (some being similar looking to KISS)!

• Like 1

As a side note, Vassago owes a lot of his popularity to A. E. Waite, who uses him in discussions of vision in the crystal in both The Occult Sciences and the Complete Manual of Occult Divination. The method which Paul Huson outlines and the blogger mentions is based on Waite:

The first time I ever evoked a spirit from the Goetia was by using the method given for summoning Vassago in Paul Huson’s Mastering Witchcraft. Be kind to evil spirits, their life is hell blog

Who would have thought! Boosterism sometimes comes from strange directions.

And lest we forget the perfect complement to Goetia's new found popularity:

151084008-L.jpg

I understand they are good for Cellulite, curing or getting depends on how much you sacrifice.

• Like 2

As a side note, Vassago owes a lot of his popularity to A. E. Waite, who uses him in discussions of vision in the crystal in both The Occult Sciences and the Complete Manual of Occult Divination. The method which Paul Huson outlines and the blogger mentions is based on Waite:

Who would have thought! Boosterism sometimes comes from strange directions.

And lest we forget the perfect complement to Goetia's new found popularity:

151084008-L.jpg

I understand they are good for Cellulite, curing or getting depends on how much you sacrifice.

You are going to laugh, I just received 2 of the matching tshirts last week ROFL.

I think Bael and Vassago are really popular because some folks don't read very far into the Goetia :D.

• Like 2

If we don't watch out people will even go back to the ever so chic French spelling, Goeçia. It will be the end of civilization as we know it. I don't necessarily object to ending civilization as we know it, but I don't think this is the way.

Also about Vassago, Waite does say that 'he is by nature good' in The Book of Ceremonial Magic. He must have fallen in with some rowdy teddy boys and been arrested in a sweep. Though Waite does list two seals for him, one for white magic, maybe he has an evil twin. Maybe he only thinks he has one.

Now about Bune . . .

In the past, I was considered sus as people thought I was after wealth and power (apparently they think Bune supplies that now ? ) . No ....

Nice people dont do stuff like that ... they use the power of affirmations and .... <pause ... draws a breath > 'The Law of Attraction.' .... but in the DVD on that its about getting diamond jewelry , clothes, a larger bank balance and new bicycles for kids.

He is associated with wealth you know. Though the weird stuff about sepulchers would give me pause for thought.

• Like 1

If we don't watch out people will even go back to the ever so chic French spelling, Goeçia. It will be the end of civilization as we know it. I don't necessarily object to ending civilization as we know it, but I don't think this is the way.

Also about Vassago, Waite does say that 'he is by nature good' in The Book of Ceremonial Magic. He must have fallen in with some rowdy teddy boys and been arrested in a sweep. Though Waite does list two seals for him, one for white magic, maybe he has an evil twin. Maybe he only thinks he has one.

Now about Bune . . .

He is associated with wealth you know. Though the weird stuff about sepulchers would give me pause for thought.

The sepulchers thing isn't as bad as it sound with him, but is rather eerie nonetheless! Though there are some magicians of paths which make me look light and fluffy who work with him for some pretty nasty purposes....

What is the motivation behind contacting such entities?

For what gain is it for?

From what I have found, many seem to think that they are stronger/better at getting things done since they are demons. I mean even when I tell folks some $10 incense would work just as well for their particular project (sometimes that really is the case). You don't call an architect to build a shed...

For me, they are extremely interesting to work with ;). Since there are about 10 different ways to do things...

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day,

You have to go places quite out of the way,

You have to go places no others can get to.

You have to get cold and you have too get wet, too.”

Dr. Seuss

• Like 1

So for the most part, contacting them is about getting things?

Working with the Goetia/Daemons simply to get things would be sort of like traveling around the world just to pick up a few souvenirs.

• Like 1

What is the motivation behind contacting such entities?

For what gain is it for?

Oh, no good reason. A phrase which I chose to spill over from double entendre into triple and quadruple, and as for gains they are mostly ill-gotten. At its absolute 'goodest', maybe they can become the equivalent of Dharma protectors, some of whom are very unsavory in their origins, but it is a bigger subject than I have time for now, though I will try to get back to it if I can. Right now I am just kind of having fun with it.

The sepulchers thing isn't as bad as it sound with him, but is rather eerie nonetheless! Though there are some magicians of paths which make me look light and fluffy who work with him for some pretty nasty purposes....

You Pisces are all alike.

From what I have found, many seem to think that they are stronger/better at getting things done since they are demons. I mean even when I tell folks some $10 incense would work just as well for their particular project (sometimes that really is the case). You don't call an architect to build a shed...

For me, they are extremely interesting to work with ;). Since there are about 10 different ways to do things...

From what I have found, many seem to think that they are stronger/better at getting things done since they are demons. I mean even when I tell folks some $10 incense would work just as well for their particular project (sometimes that really is the case): This is so totally true, but I would say rather you don't call on the unibomber to build a shed. Even the one he lived in was not much.

There are so many beautiful and lovely ways to get what one wants through magic, but magic is also so much more than that.

In most peoples eyes yes, but as I said above it so much more than that.

Working with the Goetia/Daemons simply to get things would be sort of like traveling around the world just to pick up a few souvenirs.

traveling around the world just to pick up a few souvenirs: While buying them from the local equivalent of the mafia.

• Like 3

I thought everyone knew that Jimmy Page was the Rock Star of Goetia. He even printed his own edition of Crowley's version:

Rare 'Red Goetia" Published by Equinox Books

A bargain at a mere $666.00 US! Sorry if you wanted it, you missed it.

But mine has REAL ageing ... dog ears and lots of bumps on the cover and a coffee and .... *%#@x*^x stains on it .... must be worth soooo much ?

• Like 1

Oh yes ... that sepulcher stuff kept me busy working out WTF for quiet a while before I went on to the next bit .

I ended up working it out (for myself in context of the whole working ).

• Like 1

Some view then as psychological forces or drives, syndromes or problems . They can be seen as psychological forces projected 'outside' of the self ... or originating outside of the self.

Some classify them as 'good' or 'bad' http://www.searchwithin.org/download/presence_spirits.pdf . However VanDusen's "hallucinations of a good order' may be more correctly considered INvocation from the view of magic ... VanDusen deals with cases of 'inadvertent' 'invocation' and 'evocation' .

So ; yes and no ... working to balance the psyche is, I supposed wanting to 'get' something. But conversely, balance can mean loosing something ... or giving it up ... or sharing .

I like this:

" ... Thou therefore who desirest Magical Gifts, be sure that thy soul is firm and steadfast; for it is by flattering thy weaknesses that the Weak Ones will gain power over thee. Humble thyself before thy Self, yet fear neither man not spirit. Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure: and courage is the beginning of virtue. ...

... So shalt thou gradually develop the powers of thy soul, and fit thyself to command the Spirits of the elements. For wert thou to summon the Gnomes to pander to thine avarice, thou wouldst no longer command them, but they would command thee. Wouldst thou abuse the pure beings of the woods and mountains to fill thy coffers and satisfy thy hunger of Gold? Wouldst thou debase the Spirits of Living Fire to serve thy wrath and hatred? Wouldst thou violate the purity of the Souls of the Waters to pander to thy lust of debauchery? Wouldst thou force the Spirits of the Evening Breeze to minister to thy folly and caprice? Know that with such desires thou canst but attract the Weak, not the Strong, and in that case the Weak will have power over thee. "

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib30.html

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Very interesting thank you.

If its about balancing the psych, are there more simple and quicker methods? For instance, Zazen meditation?

At its absolute 'goodest', maybe they can become the equivalent of Dharma protectors, some of whom are very unsavory in their origins, but it is a bigger subject than I have time for now, though I will try to get back to it if I can.

What's he got against dharma protectors?

Hmm?

Only jokin'!

You funny man mr Zhongyongdaoist sir.

Very funny indeed.

All subjects one subject!

I do hope you get back to it.

I have no idea what Goetia is.

I don't do ritual magic, exactly.

Well, insofar as I do, I make it up as I go along.

And the only entit(ies) I seek to summon are helpful wise spirits of the past.

And my own spirit from the future.

They help me willingly, and came to me largely unbidden.

On edit, some of this sounds rather appealing actually, done for the benefit of all sentient beings, naturally;

Wouldst thou abuse the pure beings of the woods and mountains to fill thy coffers and satisfy thy hunger of Gold? Wouldst thou debase the Spirits of Living Fire to serve thy wrath and hatred? Wouldst thou violate the purity of the Souls of the Waters to pander to thy lust of debauchery? Wouldst thou force the Spirits of the Evening Breeze to minister to thy folly and caprice?

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Very interesting thank you.

If its about balancing the psych, are there more simple and quicker methods? For instance, Zazen meditation?

It depends how simple one's psyche is I suppose :) ... I would term zazen a passive meditation and these 'complex' practices 'active meditation ... like a 'tantric practice'

2353340_640.jpg

Nothing, I presume. He was referring to their origins ... but they are okay now.

Maybe they got 'lifted up' ... on sepulchers ;)

Just a few quick notes:

Right now I am just kind of having fun with it.

You funny man mr Zhongyongdaoist sir.

Very funny indeed.

Glad you appreciate it.

I did try to warn everyone.

Check out my Lobby Check-in:

Under the heading:

Hello, they tell me I can do stand-up...

You will find:

Yes another overly funny, strange person has registered with The Tao Bums. I am sure many of you will live to regret this day least of all me.

I came across you bums doing a search on Thunder Magic. That in itself should tell you how odd I am. I have many years of study, practice, reflection, etc. on Daoism in its spiritual/philosophical/religious dimensions behind me. I combine it with a long term interest in the Western Esoteric traditions such as Magic, Qabalah, Platonism as it shades into Neo-Platonism, Astrology (Western and Chinese), Esoteric Mathematics, etc. Back in the Eighties I jokingly, but rather accurately, summarized my studies as Cornelius Agrippa meets the Golden Dawn in Medieval China. That said, how do you like me so far?

Donald

Most of the time I will post serious answers to important issues and so most people have no idea what an amusing character I really am, but every once in a while I do get playful.

Nothing, Nungali is and is not correct:

Nothing, I presume. He was referring to their origins ... but they are okay now.

Maybe they got 'lifted up' ... on sepulchers ;)

Nothing, I presume. He was referring to their origins ... but they are okay now: is correct, but there is more to it than this.

Maybe they got 'lifted up' ... on sepulchers ;): partially correct, tomb of Christian Rosenkreutz actually, by way of the Formula of the Enterer, 'Z' what I mean? (for those who lack the necessary initiatory savvy, its double entendre time, 'Z' = see, as in 'see what I mean', but also a reference the Golden Dawn 'Z' documents.) I hope to post something more serious on this.

Finally, last but surely not least:

You Pisces are all alike.

Let's hear a rousing chorus of 'Happy Birthday' for our favorite Goetic love Goddess:

There, are we happy now?

smileyFace_big.png

(I hate these things, but they come under the heading of 'Necessary Evils'.)

I lied, my birthday is on the 13th ;).

Goetic love goddess, makes me feel like I have a new job/title now :D. I'll have to get to work <evil grin>

BaguaKicksAss: the 73rd spirit of the Goetea. She brings about love (and a little llust too) for men and women, if you call upon her after noon, and give gluten free offerings and fresh squeezed carrot juice. She has 2 legions.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

I lied, my birthday is on the 13th ;).

Good, I'm glad to hear that. I hope you are still engaged in a coverup, Magicians shouldn't let such things be widely known.

BaguaKicksAss: the 73rd spirit of the Goetea. She brings about love (and a little llust too) for men and women, if you call upon her after noon, and give gluten free offerings and fresh squeezed carrot juice. She has 2 legions.

'One Goetic Love Goddess to rule them all . . .'

For those who may be interested serious responses to some of the above are in the works.

I just noticed, I am glad to see that you are not a spirit of 'gluteny'

Edit: added comment about 'gluteny'

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist
  • Like 1

Oh good.

When occasion demands I can be a person of utmost seriousness.

And I knew, of course, that you had nothing against dharma protectors.

I mean, it wouldn't be wise to have something against dharma protectors.

As a rosicrucian, I look forward to your future contributions.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell