Colonel Goji

Taoist birth control

In Daniel Reid's book The Tao of Sex, Health, and Longevity there is a section on birth control. I am waiting for a copy of the book right now and have not read that part, and I also believe Mantek Chia may have some books that describe birth control.

However, I have a concern with these methods as a 100% effective method of preventing pregnancy. I understand that 'precum' (not sure of the scientific term haha) does not contain sperm unless an ejaculation took place and the urethra was not cleared out before engaging in sex again.

But I am aware that sometimes a drop or several drops of semen 'leaks' out when I am engaged in vigorous sexual activity. So now I'm wondering how one would know if they are being totally safe?

I had karezza sex (non-ejaculatory sex) with my last gf and never wore a condom, and never ejaculated with her. But I'm wondering if that was even a good idea after realizing that drops of semen may leak out during very intense sex. Or is it just prostatic juices? Even using karezza as a method of birth control still seems like both partners would need to be ready and willing to have a child should a pregnancy happen in the unlikely chance there was enough sperm in what leaked out?

Anyone have any knowledge on this or can recommend a book?

Edited by Colonel Goji
  • Like 1

I'm sure I am missing something or have a wrong perception on this, and if someone reading this sees my fault please address it. From my own limited perspective on this matter however I am concerned that me and my partner would need to be willing to conceive a child should even 1 sperm flow out of me during intercourse and somehow make it to the egg. Obviously I am a beginner in this matter...

Please let me know if this is in the wrong topic, I feel so naive. But this is an issue I need to look into and figure out.

Edited by Colonel Goji

Well, the only thing I can say is that no birth control is 100 percent effective. Condoms range from 60 to 80 percent, varying. Some even say 30 percent. Birth control pills (for women) is much higher, 80 to 90, I have heard. Even then, nature will take its course no matter our intervention, sometimes. Its a wild world out there!

As to the practices in the book for men, anal lock being one I use, it works great for managing ejaculation and conserving/utilizing your energies. Is there a chance you can still impregnate your partner? Yep. There is probably always a chance.

Its something you have to talk about and accept if you have sex.

On the karezza sex, the information I have read about it states that it is not just non-ejaculatory sex, it is relaxed sex with little or no movement. Its a focus on sensation and connection with your partner.

I have mostly non-ejaculatory sex. It can be quite wild. Now I ejaculate once every 2 weeks...shooting for a month now. That did take nearly 6 months of intense effort to get to. If you do the techniques, you can achieve a great sex life without ejaculation or ejaculating the sperm into the urethra/bladder and pissing it out.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Well, the only thing I can say is that no birth control is 100 percent effective. Condoms range from 60 to 80 percent, varying. Some even say 30 percent. Birth control pills (for women) is much higher, 80 to 90, I have heard. Even then, nature will take its course no matter our intervention, sometimes. Its a wild world out there!

As to the practices in the book for men, anal lock being one I use, it works great for managing ejaculation and conserving/utilizing your energies. Is there a chance you can still impregnate your partner? Yep. There is probably always a chance.

Its something you have to talk about and accept if you have sex.

On the karezza sex, the information I have read about it states that it is not just non-ejaculatory sex, it is relaxed sex with little or no movement. Its a focus on sensation and connection with your partner.

I have mostly non-ejaculatory sex. It can be quite wild. Now I ejaculate once every 2 weeks...shooting for a month now. That did take nearly 6 months of intense effort to get to. If you do the techniques, you can achieve a great sex life without ejaculation or ejaculating the sperm into the urethra/bladder and pissing it out.

Good luck!

Thank you. I now look at this entire matter quite differently. The way I view sex, love, and intimacy has been changing drastically. Not so much a casual thing for me anymore. Quite serious actually. 'Brahmacharya' (a celibate lifestyle adopted to enable one to attain the ultimate reality) if you will, maybe on my horizon...

Edited by Colonel Goji

You are welcome!

If you are going to go the path of celibacy, of constantly conserving and circulating your sexy qi, I would recommend that you have a cultivation practice of some sort already going. Otherwise, much frustration may occur.

Another thing to keep in mind is this- these are lifetime practices. Not something you do and master in a month or even a year. Take your time. Focus on consistent progress. Allot of people mess themselves up by expecting it to go perfectly right away and when it does not, they feel so ashamed and afraid!! OHH, the jing I lost! Oh, the horror!! Yes, you will spend some energy. Yes, you will fail and succeed. Try to be as realistic with your expectations as you can.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Hi :),

Excuse my ignorance , but what is actual Taoist birth control ?

Is it the non ejaculation or is there more to it ?

No sex at all, ascetic and celibate.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2014 at 6:48 AM, Colonel Goji said:

However, I have a concern with these methods as a 100% effective method of preventing pregnancy. I understand that 'precum' (not sure of the scientific term haha) does not contain sperm unless an ejaculation took place and the urethra was not cleared out before engaging in sex again.

But I am aware that sometimes a drop or several drops of semen 'leaks' out when I am engaged in vigorous sexual activity. So now I'm wondering how one would know if they are being totally safe?

I had karezza sex (non-ejaculatory sex) with my last gf and never wore a condom, and never ejaculated with her. But I'm wondering if that was even a good idea after realizing that drops of semen may leak out during very intense sex. Or is it just prostatic juices? Even using karezza as a method of birth control still seems like both partners would need to be ready and willing to have a child should a pregnancy happen in the unlikely chance there was enough sperm in what leaked out?

I recently had a full-fledged "dry" orgasm without ejaculation...and it was completely dry...as in, not even moist, much less a drop of any fluid whatsoever.

So, I know that's possible.  Although I don't know if it would be like that in every case, especially during actual sex with a woman?