4bsolute

What is the Hindu equivalent to the Lower Dantien?

Hey :) , just to be pain in the a** and a Fake Chakra Justice Boss

-- Buddhism does actually have practises that work with chakras . To make clear information .

There are some differences in teachings and approach varying from schools to schools .

So just saying all this becouse there is so many people ( even on TTB ) who misunderstand these concepts and have imaginary problems with chakras and dont even get what they are saying .

Hi Suninmyeyes,

While I agree that Vajrayana teaches 5 chakras (not 7), can you give me any example of the words of Buddha in sutra that talks about chakras?

Thanks,

Jeff

I'm with manipur for LDT.

There are just too many techniques that focus and build energy in manipur, {and treat it as a battery) that in some cases are identical to many taoist LDT filling exercises. Sure the channels and centers have differing conceptions, in Taoist or Hindu thought, and what they do with the energy differs as well, and even their theories on the purpose of the center, but the base mechanic is build energy in the belly region, and from there use it this way or that...

Also just to confuse things further, there are Daoist practices that work with the LDT by focusing on the navel.

As for the kunda, different texts place it in all kinds of crazy areas throughout the body, and one places it a bit below navel level, in the core of the body... LDT position...

lol. As much as specifics change across traditions, the general or base ideas are often quite similar...

• Like 2

Hi Suninmyeyes, While I agree that Vajrayana teaches 5 chakras (not 7), can you give me any example of the words of Buddha in sutra that talks about chakras? Thanks, Jeff

No , but that was not my point and deserves different discussion for which I am too lazy to go into .

Hi Suninmyeyes, While I agree that Vajrayana teaches 5 chakras (not 7), can you give me any example of the words of Buddha in sutra that talks about chakras? Thanks, Jeff

I'm for 6!

• Like 1

I'm with manipur for LDT.

There are just too many techniques that focus and build energy in manipur, {and treat it as a battery) that in some cases are identical to many taoist LDT filling exercises. Sure the channels and centers have differing conceptions, in Taoist or Hindu thought, and what they do with the energy differs as well, and even their theories on the purpose of the center, but the base mechanic is build energy in the belly region, and from there use it this way or that...

Also just to confuse things further, there are Daoist practices that work with the LDT by focusing on the navel.

As for the kunda, different texts place it in all kinds of crazy areas throughout the body, and one places it a bit below navel level, in the core of the body... LDT position...

lol. As much as specifics change across traditions, the general or base ideas are often quite similar...

The way I percieve it from personal expirience ( it wont sound very scholary ) that when my navel area started to relax , there was a definite shift in my practise which in turn resulted in energetic shift and shift of insight and mental well being . As if a gate of freshness opened up .... but feel LDT spinning slightly below .

As we all differ slightly physically and mentally , so there are slight or bigger differences on astral and causal level or ... some insights need to crystilze further ( mine ones sure do ) . However it is interesting to find out peoples opinions about this .

Edited by suninmyeyes

However it is interesting to find out peoples opinions about this .

chakras = are metaphoric aids: to express ganglions/nexus energy convergence

----------

focus with intent anywhere on your body and you will find one

knee hand earlobe etc anywhere

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

chakras = are metaphoric aids: to express ganglions/nexus energy convergence

----------

focus with intent anywhere on your body and you will find one

knee hand earlobe etc anywhere

Yes I agree becouse chakras are created where nadis/pranic channels meet , and there is many of them , sorry forgot all these numbers , but will look it up and post back if find an interesting material . So basically chakras are MANY , but its the main ones in the spinal cord that are most glamorous and know by many .

Yes I agree becouse chakras are created where nadis/pranic channels meet , and there is many of them , sorry forgot all these numbers , but will look it up and post back if find an interesting material . So basically chakras are MANY , but its the main ones in the spinal cord that are most glamorous and know by many .

If you examine the spine, with all the nerves, etc weaving in and out- it's a Fabric of chakras- maybe millions.

Thus- ONE Unified Chakra

samething with "the third eye"= all in Unison..

- with clairaudience- do we get a "third ear" or telepathy a "2nd mouth"..?

ONE Unified Field.

Energy Swirls- SPIRALS- thus Chakra= Wheel- spinning etc

All many tools inside One ToolBox :)

----------

The numbering of chakras came from the ancients as they discovered the 7 planets.

also taking into account -the sound/music scale, light colour/spectrum- etc

Beware the NewAgey mumbojumbo$

Edited by SonOfTheGods

If you examine the spine, with all the nerves, etc weaving in and out- it's a Fabric of chakras- maybe millions.

Thus- ONE Unified Chakra

samething with "the third eye"= all in Unison..

- with clairaudience- do we get a "third ear" or telepathy a "2nd mouth"..?

ONE Unified Field.

Energy Swirls- SPIRALS- thus Chakra= Wheel- spinning etc

All many tools inside One ToolBox :)

----------

The numbering of chakras came from the ancients as they discovered the 7 planets.

also taking into account -the sound/music scale, light colour/spectrum- etc

Beware the NewAgey mumbojumbo$

Hey :) ,

the feeling of union in Ajna chakra is becouse councioussnes does not indetify with elements , it is in "vacuum".

Yeh many tools in one tool box .

The numbering of chakras is very large -- as there is so many nadis in the body and not just major ones ida and pingala where major chakras are situated . This is def not new age mumbo jumbo , quite the opposite actually . Will provide link for scripture if found .

7 main ones -- becouse they have largest role in governing the human body .

Edited by suninmyeyes

Hey :) ,

the feeling of union in Ajna chakra is becouse councioussnes does not indetify with elements , it is in "vacuum".

Yeh many tools in one tool box .

The numbering of chakras is very large -- as there is so many nadis in the body and not just major ones ida and pingala where major chakras are situated . This is def not new age mumbo jumbo , quite the opposite actually . Will provide link for scripture if found .

7 main ones -- becouse they have largest role in governing the human body .

I was of that school, many many years ago- who believed in what you say.

Are the chakras spinnning- vertically or horizontially?

Clockwise or counterclockwise?

Do they reverse if one lives in Australia?

Does the back chakras reverse from the front?

Colours? Sounds? How many?

Do the poles spin vertically or horizontially?

What happened here was, I was LIMITING myself.

Trying to fit it all in a nice comprehenible package.

Inside a box, clearly marked with what I thought was Scripture.

Then I realized I AM JUST ONE GLOWING CHAKRA!

Then it all came together for me. :)

• Like 2

Well said...

And "know" that there is no bound to it. :)

Best wishes to all.

• Like 1

Are the chakras spinnning- vertically or horizontially?

Clockwise or counterclockwise?

Do they reverse if one lives in Australia?

Does the back chakras reverse from the front?

Colours? Sounds? How many?

Do the poles spin vertically or horizontially?

What happened here was, I was LIMITING myself.

Trying to fit it all in a nice comprehenible package.

Inside a box, clearly marked with what I thought was Scripture.

Yes I have had same expirience and think you may be looking at me through glasses that are coloured by your own past .

I have never actually thought of questions that you proposed or alluded I was thinking and I am glad you have stopped limiting yourself in that respect .

As the matter of fact I do not really care about chakras , or think about them . Maybe I used to 10 years ago .

I was just discussing technicalities which may or may not be important depending where the person is at , that is all .

sand_hand_16501178_by_stockproject1-d3aw

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2