Sign in to follow this  
trollo

In need of advices and suggestion about meditation side effects

Also, i think i can say nowadays to be quite sure that something about 'energy' happened in my body. Something that acted deeply at a physiological level. It changed my metabolism, my sleep rythms, in part it changed my personality as well. I don 't like to be fixed on ideas, and in fact i tried to treat many of my disturbs as medical issues, but , trying to be honest with myself, it seems obvious to me that they are at least in part related with meditation effects. Maybe an ayurvedic dr should be the right figure to deal with my issues.

What has happened in the past is not half as vital as what is happening now in your present unwell-being. How you reclaim the well-being you used to have before, for the future, is the most vital aspect of where to place your attention from now on.

Off the top of my head, i can recall you mentioning TM as your basic, starting-out practice, then started to experience some psycho-physical issues, and sought advice from the KSG, alternating with trawling thru Mantak Chia's material, as well other resources, for support, is this correct? This approach, in my opinion, is less than optimal or even appropriately planned, if you are seriously wanting to resolve your dilemma. The spiritual life is quite serious, with its own set of rules, downfalls, consequences, and fixes. Its best to be precise and not mix different approaches, as any mature practitioner will tell you.

Well, i dont want to waste your time too much, as its clear you have some strong opinions yourself. You opened up a topic on this site, and i happened to come across your post, so i thought i'd offer some suggestions, thats all. Feel free to follow up, or ignore, at your discretion.

If i was in your position, i would advice myself to seek out a meditation master, and request a private consultation with him or her, to explain all my issues. But thats just me, not necessarily the right thing to do for anyone else. Getting opinions on forums can be quite complex, and could even exacerbate the problem due to the many different experiences of individuals who come to answer your call for help. And those who are actually teachers of the various arts, with classes and students who pay them a fee, will not be able to really offer precise assistance unless and until they meet you in person, so chances are they will not get involved due to the potential risk of tainting their reputation should anything go wrong.

Peace...

"Off the top of my head, i can recall you mentioning TM as your basic, starting-out practice, then started to experience some psycho-physical issues, and sought advice from the KSG, alternating with trawling thru Mantak Chia's material, as well other resources, for support, is this correct?" No, i did those things in chronological order, not all togheter. I tried something, when the effects were absent or negative i stopped and tried something else.

"This approach, in my opinion, is less than optimal or even appropriately planned, if you are seriously wanting to resolve your dilemma." I had not any better option. As i already said all the teachers i met in person were totally unable to understand my issues or just looked not interested on them, looking apparently more interested just on my money and a subscription to their courses. The amount of egoism, ignorance, greed i found in the so called 'teachers' i contacted astonished me.

"as its clear you have some strong opinions yourself" what strong opinion? I think there is a misunderstanding, i do NOT have any strong opinion, but i do know what i did, how and for how long i did it. Also i know what i felt and what i feel inside my body.

I m open to every suggestion, but for sure i'm not open to try everything it can be suggested.

Please do notice that ALL the stuff i tried and that you are now dissenting with was not the outcome of my superficiality but were the result of suggestions given in the same way you are giving to me yours here. So basically you re saying i was wrong to do teh things i ve been suggested to do but it seems you strongly criticize the fact i m not open to accept and follow any suggestion i found here.

I need to be extremely cautious with every opinion and suggestion i receive, and you shouldn't really take it as a personal question. That's why i asked everybody to specify their level of expertise. Sorry.

I also would like to find a Meditation master but it seems extremely difficult to find one that is really knowledgeable, and able to help me concretely. I don't live in India or China, i don't have money to spend in a research all over the world and if i did i wouldn't know where and what to search. Otherwise i would not be here. Also i noticed that many so called masters put their financial interests before your needs; when you speak with them for the first time they tell you they are able to help you, once you spent the money and spent a few time with them you realize they are not able to help you and that they are not even interested on doing it. This has been my actual experience with my qigong teacher (and other yoga teachers i talked with) , she doesn't even remember the reasons why i signed up to her course. And i did it 5 monthes ago.

As another example i want to recall what Steam (now Andrei) wrote "The idea that meditation is harmless shows how much ignorance is in this world." and i agree with him, but the response i obtained from a 'supposed' Yoga Guru who live here in Italy to my questions talking by the phone was "meditation cannot do any harm" so the discussion was closed and i supposedly was just an idiot talking about obsessions.

Edited by trollo

"Off the top of my head, i can recall you mentioning TM as your basic, starting-out practice, then started to experience some psycho-physical issues, and sought advice from the KSG, alternating with trawling thru Mantak Chia's material, as well other resources, for support, is this correct?" No, i did those things in chronological order, not all togheter. I tried something, when the effects were absent or negative i stopped and tried something else.

"This approach, in my opinion, is less than optimal or even appropriately planned, if you are seriously wanting to resolve your dilemma." I had not any better option. As i already said all the teachers i met in person were totally unable to understand my issues or just looked not interested on them, looking apparently more interested just on my money and a subscription to their courses. The amount of egoism, ignorance, greed i found in the so called 'teachers' i contacted astonished me.

"as its clear you have some strong opinions yourself" what strong opinion? I think there is a misunderstanding, i do NOT have any strong opinion, but i do know what i did, how and for how long i did it. Also i know what i felt and what i feel inside my body.

I m open to every suggestion, but for sure i'm not open to try everything it can be suggested.

Please do notice that ALL the stuff i tried and that you are now dissenting with was not the outcome of my superficiality but were the result of suggestions given in the same way you are giving to me yours here. So basically you re saying i was wrong to do teh things i ve been suggested to do but it seems you strongly criticize the fact i m not open to accept and follow any suggestion i found here.

I need to be extremely cautious with every opinion and suggestion i receive, and you shouldn't really take it as a personal question. That's why i asked everybody to specify their level of expertise. Sorry.

I also would like to find a Meditation master but it seems extremely difficult to find one that is really knowledgeable, and able to help me concretely. I don't live in India or China, i don't have money to spend in a research all over the world and if i did i wouldn't know where and what to search. Otherwise i would not be here. Also i noticed that many so called masters put their financial interests before your needs; when you speak with them for the first time they tell you they are able to help you, once you spent the money and spent a few time with them you realize they are not able to help you and that they are not even interested on doing it. This has been my actual experience with my qigong teacher (and other yoga teachers i talked with) , she doesn't even remember the reasons why i signed up to her course. And i did it 5 monthes ago.

As another example i want to recall what Steam (now Andrei) wrote "The idea that meditation is harmless shows how much ignorance is in this world." and i agree with him, but the response i obtained from a 'supposed' Yoga Guru who live here in Italy to my questions talking by the phone was "meditation cannot do any harm" so the discussion was closed and i supposedly was just an idiot talking about obsessions.

Sorry but i am not being critical of your past actions and choices. If i was, i would not normally bother to write and post suggestions and comments, preferring not to enter the conversation at all. The reason i took interest here is because i can relate to your situation, that is all. Whether what i say is useful or not, i dont know, and frankly, no one would know how useful suggestions are except yourself.

And please dont form the impression that you have to take everything said and put them into practice. That is not the intention at all. These are merely suggestions and options which you should evaluate and discern for yourself if they sound right, worth trying, or to be discarded as useless information. I think this is the correct approach for anyone, for that matter.

Anyway, i did a search, and found this Buddhist healing and retreat centre in Italy if you are interested.

http://ahmc.ngalso.net/about-us/?lang=en

And this, too:

http://www.sakyatrieste.it/

Unless you are attending retreats, as far as i know, you will not be asked for money for private consultations. It may be hard to speak to the Lama himself, but if you make some sincere effort, you will be able to find someone who knows someone who would be able to help in some way, maybe recommend you some direction to go. Dont worry about the religious implications. There is no need to be buddhist to seek advice in such places.

If you make contact, try to ask to speak with senior students. Some of them can be very helpful, some can be quite egoistic, these ones just forget them. Sometimes it all depends on your luck as well, but you just have to keep trying.

All the best.

Thanks CT, you re very kind.

no thanks required, Trollo. Just a small attempt to offer some options for your consideration. Distresses are not very nice, and we do what we can, with a heart that wishes to see you reach some resolution. Thats all.

Best wishes on finding the healing you need.

I would also strongly recommend laying off energetic and meditational practices for quite some time. Get a lot of grounding, as well as physical exercise (daily) in. It will really really help. Also a qualified teacher to help you fix things up while you are at it. This may sound like opposite suggestions, but not really as most teachers would have you do grounding and/or very physical work for quite some time.

Uhm actually a LOT of people get screwed up from these exercises, it is just not PC to talk about it, and many don't even realize. It is sort of amazing how many folks go for help to get fixed up after going to far into something, or doing to many systems at once.

You wanted to know our experience.. I personally prefer not to talk about mine. Though I have to say that CT and Deci Belle (and likely most of the other people who have posted) are much more experienced and knowledgeable than myself, and perhaps have been at stuff twice as long; I would recommend their advice).

PS I didn't read all the replies, so I'm only suggested a couple out of the ones I did read ;).

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

Sign in to follow this