Sign in to follow this  
yabyum24

Dodgy Yahoo

post-41981-0-78149100-1393857926_thumb.jpg

Anyone else getting this when they hit yahoo's page? It could be a UK thing. I've tried on computer, laptop and tablet, same result. Can't find server.

Edited by yabyum24

Hmm, do "Mail" and "Sign in" work anyway (if you click those links)?

Otherwise, maybe if you use a Mail program like Thunderbird, you could still have access to your mails and messages at least.

Everything fine for Germany, even if I use the "UK" preferences.

:)

Edited by Yascra

Tried to sign in but it was just as odd. Just checked on the tablet and laptop, all the same HTML nasty. I've never heard of Thunderbird. I'll have to check that out.

It's a mail client :D
Little bit like MS Outlook, if you know that, just less annoying :P

Basically this program will contact the server and directly get your mails on your computer, so even if the webpage looks like crap this might do it for you, at least if the yahoo-server is still doing that :)

And of course you should regularly clear cache and cookies, but if it happens from different PCs it might really be a problem from their side. Or try another browser oO

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 1

Usually when it looks like that it just means your internet connection is to slow to handle the fancy (java or whatever) aspects of a site. So either a problem on your end, or a problem on theirs. Nothing to worry about though. PS works fine for me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this