Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Chinese Astrology

It's a very complicated subject. I have 5 or 6 books and the only one I can recommend for learning the basics, but also quite a bit on deeper levels, is actually an appendix in a Feng Shui book (the two are intimately entwined, so it really only makes sense to learn both).

Search 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui'. I think it's out of print but always available at Amazon cheap used.

The same authors also wrote what for me was the most important Yijing / I Ching book, in the same series.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

There is a thread in this forum:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/24235-any-good-chinese-astrologybazi-books/

Here is a blogger that seems knowledgeable:

http://treybazi.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/four-pillars-and-eight-words.html

*Bazi stands for Four Pillars of Destiny

ZWDS stands for Zi Wei Dou Shu (Purple Star Astrology)

Both systems are different.

*Bazi is a system for deciphering destiny. The system was founded by astrologer Li Xu Zhong of Tang dynasty. The system was further developed by Zi Peng of Song dynasty. Today's system of Bazi is largely from the work of Zi Peng.

As soaring crane already mentioned, it is a complex subject and its best learning it from a Daoist master, which is not feasible for most people, unfortunately

Note: Feng Shui, Chinese Medicine, Chinese Astrology Bazi or Four Pillars of Destiny, Divination, Xian Xiang (Physiognomy/Face Reading) are the so-called Five Arts.

As a quick note:

There are several types of Chinese Astrology. The Books of Derek Walters are good:

Derek Walters Books on Amazon

and this site:

Delemme Chinese and Western Astrology

They have Chinese and Western astrology programs, a book for learning Chinese astrology and other things. Trial versions of the software can be downloaded and while their interfaces leave a something to be desired, they do get the job done. I will post more later if I have the time.

As a quick note:

There are several types of Chinese Astrology. The Books of Derek Walters are good:

I've got two of them. I think his information is solid, but I find his books difficult to work with. Especially for someone with no experience at all.

The Joseph Yu and Elisabeth Moran book is really the best place to start. Have you seen it?

Sign in to follow this