Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Ear Chi, yuan chi?

Since the kidneys are the root of preheaven chi, does this mean the ears are too? How does the ear relate to penatal or yuan, source and primal chi?

The ear is reflecting an upside down fetus?

That means it is high level good chi flow?

Edited by GrandTrinity

I know that one can study ear acupuncture - because the ears have so many points on them , it's perfectly possible to treat the whole body via the ear. And that massaging the ears invigorates the whole system. I know when I hold infra red light against my ear, me breathing improves.

that's about it , for me, with ear knowledge.

except of course they are erogenous zones.

Since the kidneys are the root of preheaven chi, does this mean the ears are too? How does the ear relate to penatal or yuan, source and primal chi?

The ear is reflecting an upside down fetus?

That means it is high level good chi flow?

Good when the kidneys are in a good condition, not so good when they aren't. Ears can be worked on to improve the condition of the kidneys; I know a yoga routine where you pull on them, massage them, fold them, and so on. (Another one involving the ears, the Seven Seals, is a tad more extreme -- you close your ears with your thumbs, use the rest of your fingers to close your eyes and your nostrils, close your mouth, your anus and your -- hmm, I only know the female version, what would a guy close for the Seventh Seal? anybody? :D )

More ears trivia:

in Russia, a child gets her ears pulled on her birthday, the number of pulls corresponding to her age, by every family member and guest, with chanted wishes of healthy growth;

some acupuncture points on the ears are very significant diagnostically, and if they are spontaneously painful (without any stimulation), it may mean whatever illness the person is suffering from can't be cured by any methods;

a qigong routine involving the ears known as Beating The Heavenly Drum causes excessive yang to descend from the head to the kidneys; very good after using your head too much, before meditation, or to almost instantly cure a headache;

gold earrings in the acupuncture point corresponding to the eyes, when worn since early childhood, supposedly prevent myopia;

in taoist Face Reading divination, ears are studied for their position on the head ("lucky" ears have to sit just so, neither stick out nor be pressed too tightly against the skull), their size, shape, fleshiness, color, brightness; all observations are used to draw conclusions about the person's character and to predict the future.

My own ears are atavistic (with attached earlobes), which might explain why I look to the past for wisdom, not to the present or the future. Such ears can hear the sound of the time long gone, the time when everybody had them --

and miss it more than most... :blink::)

Wow taomeow...amazingly cool stuff you shared! The Russian thing? awesome!

The 7 seals? Interesting...and the myopia thing..incredible.

Where can I larn more about the 7 seal practice? Doesnt the bible mention this?

Thanks, Trinity! :)

Where can I larn more about the 7 seal practice? Doesnt the bible mention this?

I learned it from a student of Swami Satchidananda's. Basically, I've described all it is, except you're also sitting in full lotus for it, and you have to be able to reach your opposite big toes with your criss-crossed hands (I think), and aren't supposed to attempt it before you've become prficient in hatha yoga and in a bunch of gazing meditations (with a candle, a black dot on a yellow field, and all the chakra mandalas.) I'm extremely rusty -- haven't done any serious yoga in a few years -- but when I did practice the Seven Seals, it topped the list of difficult practices -- for one thing, you can't breathe while doing it, for another, it's trippy as hell, like an instant version of some sensory-deprivation immersion or other. If you try it, start with, like, five seconds, and don't go beyond thirty --

warning warning warning, disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer! -- I ain't no swami, don't learn yoga from me! :angry::D

Edited by Taomeow

Sign in to follow this