Trunk

State of the Board - Feb 26th, 2014 (mod changes)

Zerostao has served time as moderator beyond the call of duty and fishing season recently started :), so he's rotating out of moderating. Thank you!, Zerostao, for all your help!

TheLerner has offered to help moderating, so he has started on the team. Let the punishment begin! ;)Welcome!

- Trunk

p.s.

Always looking for new mods for the pool... B)

We've put in place a model of a "moderation rotation pool", where (ideally) each mod serves for a period of time (say, ~ 4 months) then rotates out of active duty and back into the pool. The idea is to help prevent burnout, amongst other things (balanced life, for instance, lol). Eventually I'd like to have about a dozen moderators in the pool to draw from, only 3-4 on active duty. If you're interested, pm me.

In considering whether you'd like to moderate please review:
1. TTBs 3 Foundations - states the vision of the board. In terms of moderation, if your vision of TTBs varies, moderating at TTBs might not be for you. We'd need to at least communicate about differences first.
2. Forum Terms & Rules - basis for most common mod issues.

• Like 5

Thanks, I like the idea of a rotating pool and hope all mellow members choose to take turns moderating and in doing so give back to the board that they've enjoyed. I expect its a good learning experience and chance to exercise ye olde wisdom muscles.

My goals- to have an iron fist that squashes pointless, petty. circular arguments and also have a velvet fist that will sop up the blood from when I use the iron one.

• Like 5

Thanks zerostao - you did amazing work to help to pull this place back from the edge of oblivion and thanks to thelearner for taking on this incredibly and difficult largely thankless task.

_/\_

• Like 6

Happy Fishing, Z!! May the big bad bass bite. :D

and Best wishes to the new monitor. :)

• Like 6

thelerner, you have been here forever. You have kept such a calm head even in the worst discussions. I am sure your going to do great, but seriously, do you know what you are in for? Hahahahaha! God bless you, man!

• Like 2

I am just a cog. We've got some very good people here in the mods. I can't imagine how hard it would be for one person to have to read, review and decide the issues good, bad and ugly by themselves.

Its worthwhile looking behind the scenes. And when there's openings, I encourage members to join. Its not a just a mod, its an Adventure :).

Trunk: Always looking for new mods for the pool... B)

We've put in place a model of a "moderation rotation pool", where (ideally) each mod serves for a period of time (say, ~ 4 months) then rotates out of active duty and back into the pool. The idea is to help prevent burnout, amongst other things (balanced life, for instance, lol). Eventually I'd like to have about a dozen moderators in the pool to draw from, only 3-4 on active duty.
If you're interested, pm me.

In considering whether you'd like to moderate please review:

- states the vision of the board. In terms of moderation, if your vision of TTBs varies, moderating at TTBs might not be for you. We'd need to at least communicate about differences first.

- basis for most common mod issues.

• Like 2