Sign in to follow this  
ThisLife

How can I upload a picture from my computer to this forum ?

The title says it all. I'm just not very computer literate, and am baffled how to get pics onto the forum.

Any help out there ? (A NON spiritual question, I know )

Go to bottom of posting box , hit more reply options , hit choose files , browse your computer , find the pic , hit right click SELECT, then hit add to post and hit submit reply , make sure the data amount isnt too big. if it is resize the pic in windows or such to make a presentable file size,,, Im no computer wiz , so if you still have a difficulty ask Bagua Kicks ass or someone else who is for better directions.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 4

post-41981-0-19554500-1393018932_thumb.jpg

Looks like it works! Thanks Stosh. Until now I only thought it was possible by using an external URL.

Go to bottom of posting box , hit more reply options , hit choose files , browse your computer , find the pic , hit right click SELECT, then hit add to post and hit submit reply , make sure the data amount isnt too big. if it is resize the pic in windows or such to make a presentable file size,,, Im no computer wiz , so if you still have a difficulty ask Bagua Kicks ass or someone else who is for better directions.

Edited by yabyum24
  • Like 2

I noticed in the Hobbit movie that the Elves (in comparison) could shoot more arrows from their small and compact quivers than Clint Eastwood shooting 20 rounds from his six-shooter. :o;)

• Like 1

Okay .... I am going to give it a try (posting pic from lappie .... not shooting arrows or a magnum )

• Like 1

O M G ! It worked :)

Usually I think I am a tech idiot as when I clearly follow the instructions I am given it doesnt work ... I must have got good instructions ;)

I am glad I didn't have to do that re-size thing though.

If only I could figure out how to get pics on to my computer now :(

• Like 1

the "paint" program already in windows makes it is very easy to resize photos, just use the resize option and try inputting 50 or whatever, which will reduce the file size and its display size by 50% or as much as you want by repetition of said step.

Edited by 3bob

post-86726-0-94139900-1393159562_thumb.jpg

O M G ! It worked :)

Usually I think I am a tech idiot as when I clearly follow the instructions I am given it doesnt work ... I must have got good instructions ;)

I am glad I didn't have to do that re-size thing though.

If only I could figure out how to get pics on to my computer now :(

I dont SEE any pic though, so Im not sure if youre messing with me. (If you could tell me where my instructions got you stuck , Ill reword,,)

One can resize easy in windows Microsoft office by double clicking on the open picture, then hit edit Pictures , hit resize. choose one of four predefined width and heights , hit OK, close office , tell it yes save, it changes screen presentation size.

That pelican is supposed about 174 kilobytes though , and for some reason ,double clicking on it now , it says that its only 31 kb I dont really know why the numbers are not straight forward. Maybe one is data size and the other is presentation size ( as it fits on a screen used at its native resolution )

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Maybe because you are using a word processor instead of image editor for your photos?

Its an image editor as part of a larger program ,and I suppose its more common to have that program than photoshop or direct someone to load up an additional editor just to resize for a web app like this here. But, yes sure, some programs work better than others, though the 'sizing' issues in photography seem to pop up all over the place...do you do much editing and printing of photos? Issues arise here and there and its hard to get a straight answer sometimes, so Id ask you. As in , if you ordinarily sharpen 2 pixels worth at 50% in photoshop and then resize 50 % larger should one then correct for the softening effect by repeating at 2 pixels 50% ?

;)

Like, How come some folks have pix presented ,, ummm, full blown and others ( mine) are always in thumbnail ?

I just tried your suggested easy thumbnails , yep its easy to install and use. I guess they are calling the resized image a 'thumbnail' even though its not a 'redirect style' thumbnail?

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Its an image editor as part of a larger program ,and I suppose its more common to have that program than photoshop or direct someone to load up an additional editor just to resize for a web app like this here. But, yes sure, some programs work better than others, though the 'sizing' issues in photography seem to pop up all over the place...do you do much editing and printing of photos? Issues arise here and there and its hard to get a straight answer sometimes, so Id ask you. As in , if you ordinarily sharpen 2 pixels worth at 50% in photoshop and then resize 50 % larger should one then correct for the softening effect by repeating at 2 pixels 50% ?

;)

Like, How come some folks have pix presented ,, ummm, full blown and others ( mine) are always in thumbnail ?

I just tried your suggested easy thumbnails , yep its easy to install and use. I guess they are calling the resized image a 'thumbnail' even though its not a 'redirect style' thumbnail?

W T F :blink: drops it in too hard basket ..... I I'll take what I get - too small - use a magnifying glass :D

• Like 1

Nungali and his computer are still in the getting to know each other stage ;).

yes .... but often I am at the stage between being in love with it ( when I first got it as a present) and suspecting that it may not be me all the time with a problem of not understanding it , but it is indeed possible that , at times, the computer itself is actually a moody little bitch.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

Mine likes to refuse my correctly input password, but I can live with that, the phone and I ,however, are not often on speaking terms.

• Like 2

The only way I've found to get around that is to use an external image hoster like tumblr.com. Get an account and put some piccies onto it. Then copy the image location and paste it into your post. Best done in HTML view (top left hand switch) to see if the code is correct.

There may be other (more direct) ways but I'm not aware of them.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this