Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Grounding ideas for outside practice in colder climates?

Dear Ones,

do you have any suggestions to our community members and everyone else who finds this post on how to properly ground oneself, while living in colder climates and practicing outside?

For example to avoid standing on cold soil and additionally over-stressing the immune system.

What material to pile up in the garden, to stand in? Or what shoes to wear without a rubber sole? Or rather practice inside but on the groundlevel standing on a tiled floor, no wooden floor etc...

I personally suggest that everyone tries out how it feels to sand on bare earth. Mud or soil. You will notice that regardless how cold it is outside, the earth will get warm beneath your feet. Mindful conditioning is key.

What ideas do you want to share on how to properly ground oneself in a colder climate? What do you personally do?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by 4bsolute

Dear Ones,

do you have any suggestions to our community members and everyone else who finds this post on how to properly ground oneself, while living in colder climates and practicing outside?

For example to avoid standing on cold soil and additionally over-stressing the immune system.

What material to pile up in the garden, to stand in? Or what shoes to wear without a rubber sole? Or rather practice inside but on the groundlevel standing on a tiled floor, no wooden floor etc...

I personally suggest that everyone tries out how it feels to sand on bare earth. Mud or soil. You will notice that regardless how cold it is outside, the earth will get warm beneath your feet. Mindful conditioning is key.

What ideas do you want to share on how to properly ground oneself in a colder climate? What do you personally do?

Thank you in advance.

I practice outdoors on the soil during 3 seasons, and just wear shoes for the 4th season. The grounding is just fine. The difference is so minimal. I find training indoors to have 1/100th the grounding affect.

When i was living in China and learning tai chi we used to practice outside in around -17 degrees. I'm from Australia where it very rarely gets below 0, so that was freakin freezing for me. We used to have shoes on but our teacher made us take our hats and gloves off and just practice in our tai chi clothes (those chinese silk PJ things). Once you get in the zone, or in the moment so to speak my whole body felt fine. Not hot but not cold at all, as soon as i stopped (or left being in the moment) to ponder about how it was that i didn't feel cold my fingernails would just start burning from the cold. Few more minutes of being in the moment and the cold went again.

I also did iron shirt in Australia in the mornings when it's cold without shoes on and although it was cold and i was standing still for quiet a while i sweat and feel hot.

So really to feel fine, you just need to be in the moment, be aware and not thinking. Everything seems to sort it's self out. About getting hot, well i guess that's tummo and i have never practised it.

Sign in to follow this