BaguaKicksAss

What has TaoBums taught you?

I've learned that the Tao Bums is whatever you make of it-- some people will come here and sit on the sidelines and talk about what's going on in the game--others will get in the game, commit a foul; get frustrated; make a good play; fall; get hurt; win the game; be the hero; but no matter what-- they've done something more than sit around and bullshit.

Bump to this.

In the similar vein:

I've learned a bunch about 'nei gong' and what corresponds to that.

I've gotten INTO qigong, and nei gong learned, practiced and developed for the past 6 years.

I've been initiated into a lineage and started giving treatments to others.

I've learned about different meditation masters of different lineages.

In general I've learned a ton from the tao bums, and owe my current location with energy work to this forum.

Despite the rabble, disagreement arguments, and bullshit, there is a lot of quality information here, with people that have shared a lot.

John

• Like 10

Hey, we are just going through changes. All is well, really.

But I agree that we need to take an occasional break. Sometimes we get too emotionally involved with what is going on at a particular time. Take a break, come back and things have changed.

I am following the one active thread in the TTC forum but have had very little to say. But there is an interest by a couple members of the discussion at the moment so they should have the opportunity to work through that discussion.

TTB has taught me to laugh at cosmic jokes.

Or maybe that didn't actually stem from TTB.

;)

Edited by Brian

I'm not pretending adept. I've bent over backwards to help people who are serious, and want something real to find it. Sadly it's mostly just apes flinging feces.

No dawei this isn't aimed at any TTB member, nor the community here.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 1

without fake teachers, there is no telling who the genuine ones are. If you only seek real teachers, then the problem is not the that there are fake teachers, but that there is a need to seek. So i would look, and ask myself why such yearnings, and the dualistic preferences, why are these thoughts present in the mind? Thats how i would see it anyway.

Edited by C T
  • Like 3

That everything popular is wrong.

No, wait, Oscar Wilde taught me that …

• Like 2

without fake teachers, there is no telling who the genuine ones are. If you only seek real teachers, then the problem is not the that there are fake teachers, but that there is a need to seek. So i would look, and ask myself why such yearnings, and the dualistic preferences, why are these thoughts present in the mind? Thats how i would see it anyway.

This is important enough to repeat it.

• Like 1

That everything popular is wrong.

No, wait, Oscar Wilde taught me that …

And even I have taught myself a lot of stuff that I later found out was wrong (for me).

This is a rebuttal of a moderator warning received by Dawei.

I didn't direct my post here at any member, nor at the TTB community in general.

That was a summary of my experience both in real life, and my interactions with virtually every community online.

• Like 2

This is a rebuttal of a moderator warning received by Dawei.

I didn't direct my post here at any member, nor at the TTB community in general.

That was a summary of my experience both in real life, and my interactions with virtually every community online.

~~~ MOD MESSAGE ~~~

There is some confusion as I PM'ed a mod warning to TG which was put inside a previous post of TG by another mod. It was felt that this method of warning to an older post was probably not noticed.

TG has decided to delete the mod warning and called me out twice in posts. That is ok.

TG is on temporary posting suspension till we sort this out among the mod team.

If anyone has some concern, please PM a mod and not continue this in the thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can learn more from mountains, forests, streams, the stars, plants and the wildlife about the Dao than you can learn on any internet forum.

That's the way it was, is and will be. Not just Dao, the Dharma/Dhamma as well. Morality, wisdom and compassion are best realised/nourished alone, in meditation and under the law of the natural world.

s121yu.jpg

6yio8l.jpg

2qbx18g.jpg

1zb9pno.jpg

Bodh Gaya where Gautama Buddha attained unsurpassed, supreme Enlightenment

• Like 1

But hasn't Bodh Gaya also now become a tourist trap, much like Wudang, Shaolin, Hua Shan, Emei Shan etc ?

Once your off the tourist trail, out in the wilderness, the Dao is much more strongly felt.

What this site has told me? The true and most accurate information I will ever need and receive is solely insight myself. And comes in the right proportions all the time, without exceptions.

Most of it here is socializing and showing off. Exceptions can be made to the helpful Healing Circle.

Feeding on new concepts, to feel excited about what has not reached me but others, purely for entertainment, is long gone for me.

I might have helped others with insight but personally I could not get any insight out of it and I do not blame anyone. It is just my experience. I can not bend to other individuals view on the world when it is in most cases so heavily biased. What is there to learn other than to accept a unique view, which does not help ones own growth except this very realization.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

A Nei Yeh Chevallier is hard to find

I have Learned

That there are Good people around

battling for there soul and integrity

I have sworn to tell the truth

so I am mostly alone :P I live in a very remote area -

I ALWAYS get emotional sickness I urban realms

and I have Lucifer's syndrome (closest to god, small g here caused its intension and not a person)

I cry of joy in nature, and anger mankind for their rampage on earth

And I have sworn to not burden anyone with this truth

so I am mostly keeping my words

(dual meaning; I am proud :D)

When I changed my energy, theoretical tao

to practical tao, I had a ride out of hell

good to see other have the same problems and solutions

lots of things to learn and to unlearn

but I just want to learn to be sweet :wub:

Peace!!

''''I don't think Lucifer's syndrome exists I have made that up''''

and that is what rebel angels do - I have yelled at the boss twice to day)))

• Like 1

But hasn't Bodh Gaya also now become a tourist trap.

It is just an example of how results are obtained in the natural environment, under a bodhi tree in this instance.

I've learned that there are universals across the internet, that surface level things (like this forum being about taoism, not cars or television shows) can change, but that the human element remains the same.

There are eager people here; people willing to enquire off a complete stranger as to the nature of a deep question they have; and people willing to share what they themselves know. I haven't been in many of these exchanges yet personally, but i've witnessed many of them.

By this I've learned more about the tao te ching than I ever would have in 6 months of googling; I've learned more about qigong and niegong than I was ever inclined to; and I've learned quite a bit about the history and makeup of taoism itself. All by having the shared experiences of an internet community.

However, like any place on the internet, the nature of the beast is that there is less face to face, and more reliance on the written word. For every 3 posts that are thoughtfully constructed and diligently executed there are 5 that are mere thought bubbles. For every instance of someone carefully reading another's post and responding respectfully there are at least a half more that are careless and sometimes insensitive (I know because i've been guilty of it). Misunderstandings and bickering is just as common here as anywhere else on the internet. (If only we could discard our artful contrivances...)

Yet here there is at least the commitment to be respectful. It's something i'm always mindful of and so I suppose I could say that TTB taught me that (or at least reminds me of it).

But this is in itself surface level commentary. Such as this place is it's taught me that one can never really expect the generic. With every person in some way seeking for something there is always a further question inspired. With everyone in some way sharing there is always novelty ahead. The sometimes complexity of the forum topic ensures this.

So I suppose TTB has taught me to always keep an open mind.

• Like 4

That time can pass very quickly interacting with this forum

That is so very true. Good thing for me that the times I chose to be here are times when I wouldn't be doing anything else anyway.

• Like 2

Most of my day is working, coming up with new ideas/projects for my work, Baguaing, emailing for work, going to learn lapidary, teaching..... it's sort of nice to just sit back and read a few posts about interesting topics and talk with those of like mind for fun throughout the day to take little breaks :).

• Like 4