BaguaKicksAss

What has TaoBums taught you?

TTBs is a wonderful teaching opportunity.

While there are excellent and informative posts, sometimes they are not the greatest teachers. Sometimes it is watching ourselves get angry over a post on the internet, or us being able to strongly relate to a post someone has made, or perhaps something we need to work on brought up, or perhaps sometimes remembering to be grateful. So many teaching opportunities here.

So what have you learned from TTBs? :)

• Like 1

Want to get the one bad one out of the way first...

Even Eastern Religious practitioners can be full of crap. Western Religion doesn't hold a monopoly.

This site helped me learn tons about Advaita Vedanta and Nonduality.

Interesting posts on Taoism in all its forms.

Amazing John Chang videos.

Inspiring information about people from 12 step groups, later becoming fully involved in spirituality.

Anytime you hear something unusual in spirituality, usually someone here knows something about it.

This site is an invaluable resource for seekers.

Edited by paulno
  • Like 6

- That everyone follows the Tao exception made for the "Taoist" that returns to the Source.

It wasn't that clear in my mind.

- Horse stance is very welcome when you go from TTB to TCC.

- Improved my english.

Edited by CloudHands
  • Like 1

I have learned that although I may be crazy there is always someone more crazy than me :)

• Like 14

I have learned to be more tolerant of other belief systems. Yes, I know, I still like to discuss the pros and cons of different belief systems and I never shy away from voicing mine.

• Like 6

I learned too much BS, it clouded my mind for a long time. I then learned how to clear that BS away and get to the core of the matter. I learned how to breathe in many different ways. I then learned to JUST BREATHE and relax. I learned there are many people with power. I then learned that many of those same people are not quite as balanced as they should be. I learned how to heal myself. I then learned those same exercises can damage just as much. I learned which martial arts are neijia and which are waijia. I then learned that there is no distinction, just a martial artist.

• Like 8

Well, I'd never heard of John Chang before I came here. There's a ton of stuff on energy cultivation which I still don't understand, so perhaps over time (by osmosis) it'll seep in :huh:

• Like 3

I am very grateful for this site. What a gem.

What an amazing gathering of seeker/philosopher/cultivator/odd/awesome/fringe folk.

I've learned some real nuts and bolts stuff and plenty of good theory (and some not) from other people's direct experience that has helped me put into a frame of reference some of the experiences I've had in my practice.

This is especially helpful due to the language barrier with my teacher and the infrequency that we are able to meet.

To use the word especially again, I especially appreciate all genuine sharing of direct experience as I find this to be the most reliable and valuable information in life and this site is teeming with it.

I've also learned to embody more patience and to not always respond to something just because words come into my head. It's been an interesting way to work on silence that is having an affect on me when I'm speaking as well.

This site continually amazes me.

edit: spelling/grammar

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 10

That dragons can be quite kind beings, and they're singing reeeaally beautifully :)

.. to get more into a flow. I've been used to spending time with extremely rigid and sometimes fundamentalist persons, so I enjoy that things are more relaxed here, and I would state that has a healing effect to me, at the moment.

So ... to use that opportunity to let go of bad things :)

More to come, I think, hehe :wub:

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 5

To use the word especially again, I especially appreciate all genuine sharing of direct experience as I find this to be the most reliable and valuable information in life and this site is teeming with it.

Exactly so.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

• If you want to access the better information, (that is not the generic cut&paste variety)- you better get a second job and/or get a bank loan!

• Kundalini awakening is as common as the flu! But if for some strange reason, you haven't caught the kundalini awakening bug yet- you can actually purcha$e a kundalini awakening!

• If you want to attain enlightenment- you need to have a credit card

• "This is the Best way to do it" -- "you Must have a teacher" -- "hey baby what's your Lineage?" -- "Now this guy is a master" -- "hey what Level are you?" "yeah you probably need a new transmission, & I don't mean the one in your car " ...are the newest pick up lines in Daoist pubs.

• Hermetic Magick actually means "jesus loves me"
  • Like 6

So what have you learned from TTBs? :)

That lots of people are obsessed with John Chang, power, showing off supposed 'abilities', pretending to be superior and more knowledgable than others. :blink:

Not enough people interested in the great unfathomable, mystery of mysteries, the Dao.

Having said that, I have acquired some great bits of information from some wonderful folks which have been extremely useful.

So it ain't all bad. :P

• Like 8

I have personally found a lot of wisdom in thetaoiseasys and claritys posts and many other peoples, and my own reactions etc

Edited by skydog
  • Like 3

I have personally found a lot of wisdom in thetaoiseasys and claritys posts

Definitely. This is one reason I remain here.

• Like 1

You can learn more from mountains, forests, streams, the stars, plants and the wildlife about the Dao than you can learn on any internet forum.

• Like 11

When I came herein 2007 or 2008, I knew more about the Mopai story then than some people know now.

I had the opportunity back then to study with Share K. Lew-- I came here thinking people like Pak John and Sifu Lew were a dime a dozen as long as you knew where to look-- boy was I sadly mistaken.

I met Santiago Dobles here and met a close friend who was also around to learn from Dr. Morris with Santi and Tao.

I learned that Wang Liping is not a myth as my Taiji teacher said to me in 2008--and even though I've forgotten everything I learned from his students, I'd still love to make the trip to China to attend a workshop in a few years-- it would be a fun adventure (and a nice piece for my blog!)

I met Michael Becker here, had a chance to glean all kinds of useful information from his post, and can joke about how Kosta owes me a beer and a few good stories when I make it out to Greece.

I've learned that the Tao Bums is whatever you make of it-- some people will come here and sit on the sidelines and talk about what's going on in the game--others will get in the game, commit a foul; get frustrated; make a good play; fall; get hurt; win the game; be the hero; but no matter what-- they've done something more than sit around and bullshit.

• Like 14

I've learned that the Tao Bums is whatever you make of it-- some people will come here and sit on the sidelines and talk about what's going on in the game--others will get in the game, commit a foul; get frustrated; make a good play; fall; get hurt; win the game; be the hero; but no matter what-- they've done something more than sit around and bullshit.

That sums up pretty well :) I think it's not a place to learn (even if there's obviously good tips), more a place to meet like community sharing with evidently good and bad sides.

• Like 2

Yes, viewing the world through different eyes. I have but only touched the surface of this though. Marbleheads, afterall, are pretty freakin' hard.

• Like 1

Came here to gain more knowledge of Qi Gong, and this forum has and is great for that and many other interesting threads, thanks to you all.

However, my understanding through wandering the forums has reaffirmed that though there are many paths and 'truths', there is only one truth and that is my awareness here and now. So the only path is no path.

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 4

Being on The Tao Bums has directly and indirectly taught me lessons in Patience, Creativity, Martial Arts, Sexuality, Magic and Mar-Vellious People.

Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 3