Owledge

Synchronicities are...

.... those events that happen to us, amidst all the other zillions of things. that seem to have significance as we relate something about them to ourselves and processes at the time of the event.

I am thinking of Margo ... I go to town and notice perhaps 50 people in the course of the visit ... I see Margo and 'WOW! I was thinking about her this morning. Meeeh h h ! (oh, hang on! ... thats a cynichronicitie ! )

So of course, when the 'otherworld' needs to get my attention it hits me with a landslide of inter related 'synchronicities'.

vector-of-a-cartoon-dog-being-buried-in-

• Like 1

.... those events that happen to us, amidst all the other zillions of things. that seem to have significance as we relate something about them to ourselves and processes at the time of the event.

I am thinking of Margo ... I go to town and notice perhaps 50 people in the course of the visit ... I see Margo and 'WOW! I was thinking about her this morning. Meeeh h h ! (oh, hang on! ... thats a cynichronicitie ! )

So of course, when the 'otherworld' needs to get my attention it hits me with a landslide of inter related 'synchronicities'.

vector-of-a-cartoon-dog-being-buried-in-

I wonder if it's not so much an "otherworld" needing to get our attention...we're not all that important. I know what you mean though.

Just things are ticking and automatically going on. And in a relaxed state, going with the flow, these syncronicities just HAPPEN. The moment we are distracted, or in tunnel vision or stressed, they never seem to happen.

Why? Because we're going against the grain...against ourselves.

an artifact of improperly assesed expectations.

I have em all the time too.

Sounds interesting. What exactly do you mean? Aren't expectations just choices? How can we assess them improperly?

Synchronicities are opportunities.

I would like to get your take on the following synchronicity that's been bugging me for a year and a half.

A year and a half ago, my acquantance's Vietnamese dad (a buddhist teacher at a local Vietnamese temple) got a heart transplant. The acquaintance, who has access to some inside info sources, was able to find out whose heart he got. (Normally the source is kept anonymous.) Turned out there was a fight between some Vietnamese youngsters in a parking lot of a mall, in an overwhelmingly Caucasian neighborhood. A young Caucasian male who was just passing by saw one of the Vietnamese pull out a knife, and mistakenly assumed that he could and should try to wrestle it out of his hands. He wound up getting stabbed to death. So, the young Vietnamese thug who killed him effectively saved the life of the old Vietnamese teacher.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

Indeed, Taomeow. After you introduced me to the term last Spring, I realized this was a familiar resonant principle for which I had no label. Raising one's energetic vibration simply makes those resonances more... well, more everything (more frequent, more significant, more potential, etc.)

• Like 2

I would like to get your take on the following synchronicity that's been bugging me for a year and a half.

A year and a half ago, my acquantance's Vietnamese dad (a buddhist teacher at a local Vietnamese temple) got a heart transplant. The acquaintance, who has access to some inside info sources, was able to find out whose heart he got. (Normally the source is kept anonymous.) Turned out there was a fight between some Vietnamese youngsters in a parking lot of a mall, in an overwhelmingly Caucasian neighborhood. A young Caucasian male who was just passing by saw one of the Vietnamese pull out a knife, and mistakenly assumed that he could and should try to wrestle it out of his hands. He wound up getting stabbed to death. So, the young Vietnamese thug who killed him effectively saved the life of the old Vietnamese teacher by supplying him with a young Caucasian heart.

The problem is that the only causal link is that both are Vietnamese. I am pretty sure the young Vietnamese thug didn't intend to kill another man to save your friend... :) If so, did he accumulate bad or good karma by killing someone and saving another life? :)

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 1

I would like to get your take on the following synchronicity that's bugged me for a year and a half.

A year and a half ago, my acquantance's Vietnamese dad (a buddhist teacher at a local Vietnamese temple) got a heart transplant. The acquaintance, who has access to some inside info sources, was able to find out whose heart he got. (Normally the source is kept anonymous.) Turned out there was a fight between some Vietnamese youngsters in a parking lot of a mall, in an overwhelmingly Caucasian neighborhood. A young Caucasian male who was just passing by saw one of the Vietnamese pull out a knife, and mistakenly assumed that he could and should try to wrestle it out of his hands. He wound up getting stabbed to death. So, the young Vietnamese thug who killed him effectively saved the life of the old Vietnamese teacher by supplying him with a young Caucasian heart.

Reading this post made my whole body tingle.

Yes, what a powerful manifestation of potential, and a demonstration of the non-linearity of whatever it is which triggers such resonances.

As a curious aside, see also the relationship between perturbation theory & virtual particles. (The Feynman diagram is a good starting point.)

P.S. That's not so much for you, TM, as I suspect you are already familiar with Feynman...

• Like 1

The problem is that the only causal link is that both are Vietnamese. I am pretty sure the young Vietnamese thug didn't intend to kill another man to save your friend... :) If so, did he accumulate bad or good karma but killing someone and saving another life? :)

It isn't about intent or about karma, it's about things that just happen because they happen. Sometimes it is just probabilistic randomness but sometimes, as Owledge pointed out, things rhyme. As one's awareness increases, one simply notices the poetry.

• Like 3

A year and a half ago, my acquantance's Vietnamese dad (a buddhist teacher at a local Vietnamese temple) got a heart transplant. The acquaintance, who has access to some inside info sources, was able to find out whose heart he got. (Normally the source is kept anonymous.) Turned out there was a fight between some Vietnamese youngsters in a parking lot of a mall, in an overwhelmingly Caucasian neighborhood. A young Caucasian male who was just passing by saw one of the Vietnamese pull out a knife, and mistakenly assumed that he could and should try to wrestle it out of his hands. He wound up getting stabbed to death. So, the young Vietnamese thug who killed him effectively saved the life of the old Vietnamese teacher.

To me this more irony of life than synchronicity. An example of the interrelation of life and death.

Personally I'd call it a weak synchronicity, since while it is very meaningful, its causal relation is not too unlikely (especially since it's a singular event and thus confirmation bias is a strong variable).

I'm more encountering synchronistic events that feel like someone is reprogramming the Matrix just for fun. Very unlikely stuff.

I guess both cases show how we are in fact creating our own reality or path through life with unconscious intention behind it. When one's unconscious mind is longing for meaning, it will make meaning manifest in a way that reflects who we are. When we notice those synchronicities, it means that we are becoming more sincere with ourselves and recognizing our true self.

You might have manifested that heart transplant incident and the fact of eventually learning about the details because it is something that is especially meaningful to you personally.

(And when I say "you" here, I mean God, haha.)

Edited by Owledge

It isn't about intent or about karma, it's about things that just happen because they happen. Sometimes it is just probabilistic randomness but sometimes, as Owledge pointed out, things rhyme. As one's awareness increases, one simply notices the poetry.

Actually, it is karma that causes events to happen, regardless if you like it or not. However, synchronicity goes beyond just prescribing conscious meanings in random events which may have nothing to do with one another. Does it mean synchronicity does not occur just because you may not have the consciousness to grasp the meaning of random events occurring? Or synchronicity only makes sense to you because you the one prescribing the consciousness meaning?

To me this more irony of life than synchronicity. An example of the interrelation of life and death.

Personally I'd call it a weak synchronicity, since while it is very meaningful, its causal relation is not too unlikely (especially since it's a singular event and thus confirmation bias is a strong variable).

I'm more encountering synchronistic events that feel like someone is reprogramming the Matrix just for fun. Very unlikely stuff.

I guess both cases show how we are in fact creating our own reality or path through life with unconscious intention behind it. When one's unconscious mind is longing for meaning, it will make meaning manifest in a way that reflects who we are. When we notice those synchronicities, it means that we are becoming more sincere with ourselves and recognizing our true self.

I think there are several "flavors..."

Sometimes the causal relationship is weak and the coincidence is dismissible from a mathematical/rational standpoint but the oddness (irony or whatever) rings like a bell.

Actually, it is karma that causes events to happen, regardless if you like it or not. However, synchronicity goes beyond just prescribing conscious meanings in random events which may have nothing to do with one another. Does it mean synchronicity does not occur just because you may not have the consciousness to grasp the meaning of random events occurring? Or synchronicity only makes sense to you because you the one prescribing the consciousness meaning?

I just meant that some people seem to notice these strange occurrences more than others, and some people seem to actually engender them. It is my observation that there is a "natural" or baseline level of awareness/engenderment which varies from person to person and additionally that behavior which increases one's energetic frequency increases that awareness/engenderment level.

<shrug>

• Like 2

I think Brian is correct.

There are a variety of different sorts of experience which get routinely classed as "synchronicitous."

Some are just an artifact of consciousness, yes, self selection and obvious causal chains.

Such are quite mundane.

Others cannot be so easily dismissed.

It is a matter of perception, yes.

These clues are all around for everyone always.

It is simply a matter of developing the necessary sensitivity to perceive the "synchronicity lattices."

Well, actually, that is not such a simple matter.

I have had synchronicities happen to me that were so overwhelming they were quite disorientating.

I have difficulty with over sensitivity sometimes.

I will never forget the bird's wing on the lawn.

If I speak of that again we may finally get to the crux of the matter.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

I think I have one...precognitive dreaming. :) One of the powers I have is precognitive dreaming. They are pretty accurate when dealing with external events, especially with international politics and the NSA scandals. Hehehe... Not so when dealing with myself. Go figure. :) 2 weeks ago I had this dream or vision. Is another one of my train or subway dreams. What was unusual about it was that I saw a locomotive or a steam engine train stopping at the platform, in front of me. The train's cargo was black coals. So, this train was all black and it has that industrial feel to it. The train symbol represents a path or "train of events" being unfolded. The thing with the precognitive dreaming is that many of these visions do not have a context or you aren't aware of the context. Is like you are thrown into a situation and things happen.

Now, few days later, the Chinese film "Black Coal Thin Ice" won the Berlin International Film festival.

http://news.yahoo.com/diao-yinan-39-39-black-coal-thin-ice-190341293.html

Personally, I always get my daily dosage of German news and news from China and so I am "connected" to what is happening in both countries. However, I didn't know which films were being nominated.

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 2

I think I have one...precognitive dreaming. :) One of the powers I have is precognitive dreaming. They are pretty accurate when dealing with external events, especially with international politics and the NSA scandals. Hehehe... Not so when dealing with myself. Go figure. :) 2 weeks ago I had this dream or vision. Is another one of my train or subway dreams. What was unusual about it was that I saw a locomotive or a steam engine train stopping at the platform, in front of me. The train's cargo was black coals. So, this train was all black and it has that industrial feel to it. The train symbol represents a path or "train of events" being unfolded. The thing with the precognitive dreaming is that many of these visions do not have a context or you aren't aware of the context. Is like you are thrown into a situation and things happen.

Now, few days later, the Chinese film "Black Coal Thin Ice" won the Berlin International Film festival.

http://news.yahoo.com/diao-yinan-39-39-black-coal-thin-ice-190341293.html

Personally, I always get my daily dosage of German news and news from China and so I am "connected" to what is happening in both countries. However, I didn't know which films were being nominated.

The more information you gather, the more likely to see a connection.

It can be tricky to figure out whether this falls into own interpretation or whether it can't be explained like that.

You say you have lots of train/subway dreams, so you can't consider its symbology being specifically connected to the movie award news. The coal seems to be the only connection. ... Although if I'm being playful here... the article you posted contains the segment title "DREAMS COME TRUE".

Personally, I have that funny thing that if I try to ignore and discount certain suspected synchronicities because I think they are very likely just confirmation bias, more convincing synchronicities follow. ... Could be that that which is creating them is freaking out for being ignored.

What spiritual teachers say, to not pay attention to those events, that might be wise on some level. At least don't get tense over them. Try to explore what causes them.

The problem is that the only causal link is that both are Vietnamese. I am pretty sure the young Vietnamese thug didn't intend to kill another man to save your friend... :) If so, did he accumulate bad or good karma but killing someone and saving another life? :)

That's the thing -- both are Vietnamese in a city where Vietnamese population is a fraction of a percent, heart transplants rate a fraction of a fraction of a percent, and Vietnamese killing someone to supply a heart to another Vietnamese -- statistically impossible. A classic case of extremely deep ganying.

• Like 1

The more information you gather, the more likely to see a connection.

It can be tricky to figure out whether this falls into own interpretation or whether it can't be explained like that.

You say you have lots of train/subway dreams, so you can't consider its symbology being specifically connected to the movie award news. The coal seems to be the only connection. ... Although if I'm being playful here... the article you posted contains the segment title "DREAMS COME TRUE".

Personally, I have that funny thing that if I try to ignore and discount certain suspected synchronicities because I think they are very likely just confirmation bias, more convincing synchronicities follow. ... Could be that that which is creating them is freaking out for being ignored.

What spiritual teachers say, to not pay attention to those events, that might be wise on some level. At least don't get tense over them. Try to explore what causes them.

True and of course I didn't really concern too much about the black coal symbol or the Berlin Golden Bear Award. It was nice a Chinese film won it but I am not a big movie fan. Given with my track records of dreaming about foreign head of states and their foreign minsters and the Middle East conflicts and even the Chinese aircraft carrier before the world knew about its debut, I have high confidence that the dream was making a reference to the movie. :)

You might have manifested that heart transplant incident and the fact of eventually learning about the details because it is something that is especially meaningful to you personally.

(And when I say "you" here, I mean God, haha.)

Interesting thought.

I've manifested quite a few things indeed, but unless there's very strong emotional involvement on my part, or else deliberate acts of magic, I'm not aware of anything ever coming into being or nonbeing that I'm responsible for.

For "reasons why" (if there is such a thing, which I often strongly doubt... that's the bee's knees of ganying, it can be acausal without being meaningless), I was thinking more along the lines of,

the young American was the right age to be a Vietnam war veteran's son. Could it be that the whole unfolding had something to do with what HIS dad did in Vietnam?.. ( What the recipient did is known to me -- he suffered.)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Interesting thought.

I've manifested quite a few things indeed, but unless there's very strong emotional involvement on my part, or else deliberate acts of magic, I'm not aware of anything ever coming into being or nonbeing that I'm responsible for.

For "reasons why" (if there is such a thing, which I often strongly doubt... that's the bee's knees of ganying, it can be acausal without being meaningless), I was thinking more along the lines of,

the young American was the right age to be a Vietnam war veteran's son. Could it be that the whole unfolding had something to do with what HIS dad did in Vietnam?.. ( What the recipient did is known to me -- he suffered.)

Yes, emotion is a good driving force for magic.

The things we are not aware of have the greatest influence on reality, since they're not limited by the egoic mind. And we tend to bury things that are too painful to keep in consciousness. And the younger we are, the more trivial those things can be.

As far as I have a grasp on what ayahuasca put me through, certain stuff is too deeply entrenched to be solved in one instance and instead needs to be approached in small steps. And when you are traveling on that path, then it's important to not look for fixed truths, but to let things flow as part of a process, to have faith. Someone close to you had his life saved by mysterious circumstances. It's a gift. I don't think the message to you is to find out why it happened, but to be merely aware of the circumstances. Because the inquiring mind is always operating from a standpoint of non-acceptance, a feeling of insufficiency, and that can be an antagonist to the source of good luck. There's that saying: "If you want to change people, you first have to accept them as they are." and I believe this applies not just to people, but to anything.

Make best use of the person you are now after that fortunate event.

The problem is that the only causal link is that both are Vietnamese. I am pretty sure the young Vietnamese thug didn't intend to kill another man to save your friend... :) If so, did he accumulate bad or good karma by killing someone and saving another life? :)

Exactly. No intention...it just happened to be that way.

Some call it coincidence. That word is now expelled from my vocab ;)

• Like 1