Wells

The Truth About Spiritual Healing Methods & Placebo

Cliff notes "our beleive in nothing beyond the physical and mundane is more right and "real" than your beleif in other energies and powers" ;).

• Like 3

Ahh, one of those. Zzzz, they were boring even when I agreed with them.

It does kind of confuse me though - I have no doubt about the existence of the (for lack of a better word) paranormal/spiritual, but what I don't understand, given how easy it was to establish it's existence once I was prodded in the right direction and got over the dogma of my reductionist/materialist education, is how it has yet to be verified and accepted by society at large. Obviously there are a lot of factors at work, ingrained dogma, careers invested in certain paradigms, etc etc. and I get the feeling that a lot of the disbelief is circular ("I don't believe because if it was true, everyone would already believe in it, therefore I won't bother trying to establish it's existence and come to believe it"), but it still blows my mind that something so huge is just around the corner of our perception and so many people miss it . It's just hard to understand how so many people could be so dense for so long.

I mean this stuff has been verified to the basic scientific standard over and over, but the goalposts constantly shift - how much further can they keep shifting. Will we have to wait till a John Chang type steps up and is willing to act as a lab rat? Would that even be enough?

• Like 1

I'm personally perfectly happy without society at large beleiving in most energetic stuff. Though having healing being accepted more and used in all hospitals would be an important improvement imo.

• Like 3

I'm personally perfectly happy without society at large beleiving in most energetic stuff. Though having healing being accepted more and used in all hospitals would be an important improvement imo.

Yeah generally speaking, I'm ok with things the way they are right now (although, if I'm honest, I do feel a tiny bit resentment at realizing that the worldview I had shoved down my throat as the only option was, in fact, wildly false :P ), and I'm certainly not looking forward to the headache that will result from stuff like the legal system trying to update to take spirituality/magic into account (the first lawsuit lodged because someone stubs their toe and thinks their ex cursed them will be interesting). BUT I also wonder if it might be a major step towards improving our behavior as a society - maybe people would worry more about the environment if they realized how interconnected they actually are with it? Of course even just physically, we're pretty dependent on it, and that hasn't made a huge difference, so maybe not.

Yeah generally speaking, I'm ok with things the way they are right now (although, if I'm honest, I do feel a tiny bit resentment at realizing that the worldview I had shoved down my throat as the only option was, in fact, wildly false :P ), and I'm certainly not looking forward to the headache that will result from stuff like the legal system trying to update to take spirituality/magic into account (the first lawsuit lodged because someone stubs their toe and thinks their ex cursed them will be interesting). BUT I also wonder if it might be a major step towards improving our behavior as a society - maybe people would worry more about the environment if they realized how interconnected they actually are with it? Of course even just physically, we're pretty dependent on it, and that hasn't made a huge difference, so maybe not.

Oh people beleived in magic just fine before, it was called the burning times.

• Like 1

Its kind of a win-win and win-lose situation that people don't believe in magic. If they did we'd probably have to live on the edge of the woods and hope people wouldn't be coming to try and burn our house down and hang us…..for whatever idiotic reason. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

and have corporations finding a way to hoard the natural energy that is used to power the magic, then getting it sanctioned, and charge for it....

Also even more dabblers sounds a bit dangerous.

• Like 3

I daresay there are plenty of dabblers already.

Good point.

I guess in the future they will have to develop sentinels.

All the giving of evidence from the Professor in this lecture is backed up with scientific proof.

All the giving of evidence from the Professor in this lecture is backed up with scientific proof.

You might want to condense that evidence down into a more timely format if you want people to discuss it...

• Like 2

There's no such thing as 'scientific proof'. In fact, it's an oxymoron. Or maybe a juxtaposition. In any event, it isn't the role of science to 'prove' or 'disprove' diddly poo.

• Like 2

There's no such thing as 'scientific proof'. In fact, it's an oxymoron. Or maybe a juxtaposition. In any event, it isn't the role of science to 'prove' or 'disprove' diddly poo.

<claps_hands>

• Like 1

One would be enough lol :-)

Seems to be a synergistic evening for me. There's a conversation at a friend's Facebook page right now on just this subect.

Can someone please help me find the news reports about the scientific researcher who came out recently saying how they are paid to produce (or change the paperwork to) the specific results the funding party wants? It is only about a month old, but I can't seem to find it now.

• Like 1

Can someone please help me find the news reports about the scientific researcher who came out recently saying how they are paid to produce (or change the paperwork to) the specific results the funding party wants? It is only about a month old, but I can't seem to find it now.

Ah, I wish I could find it also! This type of thing is very common with companies paying for their own studies to be done...like...companies that create vaccines for example...also heard about this happening a lot in China.. :-/

• Like 1