Sign in to follow this  
HoldorFold

Sinking Qi and Dark Feelings

I've just come back from a long late night walk which I had because I was feeling fidgety and in my head. On the walk I focused on sinking my qi simply by using my consciousness to "brush" it down from my head, down through my body and out the bottom of my feet. I was doing this several times and focused on my weight feeling heavier.

I started to feel densely grounded, more solid and my consciousness began slow down and be more externally focused, noticing the textures of the pavement and other objects. Another effect I noticed was I was beginning to feel more powerful, in an animalistic sort of way. The feeling did have a dark albeit kind of sexy quality to it though.

I wonder how you bring the light down to this level of consciousness?

• Like 3

Been having some experiences lately in this area....but take this advice with a grain of salt as my experiences are limited to my level of understanding.

In regards to your question I would say you need to open the channels in the lower body and the upper body so energy can flow both ways. Do stretches for the hips and legs and make sure your back is clear. This can be quite a long and extensive process depending on how much time you train. Be able to do a perfect split.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I wonder how you bring the light down to this level of consciousness?

Through your Mercury channel .

sz4f9a13a1.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Been having some experiences lately in this area....but take this advice with a grain of salt as my experiences are limited to my level of understanding.

In regards to your question I would say you need to open the channels in the lower body and the upper body so energy can flow both ways. Do stretches for the hips and legs and make sure your back is clear. This can be quite a long and extensive process depending on how much time you train. Be able to do a perfect split.

My 2 cents, Peace

Ok, I'll start working on some of those suggestions. I feel it's mainly to do with clearing the lower body since that's where the energy was going down to so that's that's probably where the most of the work needs to be done.

Damn ... wrote a longish answer then lost it by clicking the wrong button.

try again , briefly:

Its more of an Hermetic thing than a Taoist thing ( I think ... ? ... I am not a practitioner of Taoism ) ... but it is in general forum so ....

I am relating the zone you describe as , underworld / unconscious / and perhaps psychologically the Id.

This is represented by Moon. it is mapped in glyph within a lower upright triangle with Mars / Venus as the base line ; the polarity of 'passions', psychological drives and components of the Id - "feel more powerful, in an animalistic sort of way. The feeling did have a dark albeit kind of sexy quality to it" ) and Mercury is at the top of the triangle. The triangle and Mercury link to the Sun (conciousness and Solar Ego ) . Mercury is Psychopomp and can access 'Heaven and Hell' and can be a messenger between the worlds. he also relates to intellect, reason and can regulate or modulate the other 3 ( eg. like the diff between a Mars / Venus reaction as opposed to a Mercurial response. It is the focus of regulating the 'co-joining' of Sun and Moon - " bring the light down to this level of consciousness".

The pathway or channel (direct or otherwise ) can be found by looking at Mercury's aspects in an astrological natal chart, which will show where the 'tendencies' lie.

Cut from another discussion on it:

Nungali: " As far as switches go I would be checking the Mercury regulator. (Mine reflects beneficially off Neptune - thank the Gods ! ) It should not be 'spitting' at Venus. The 'marrying of the two sides' may relate more to your Mars Venus and how Mercury regulates BOTH of them ... then they can surround and support your Moon , then it can link to the Sun through your Mercury (as 'psychopomp'). Co-joining the Sun and Moon is the 'Great Work' after all . "

Response from VERY good professional astrologer (who I thought would poo-poo the idea) :

" There's good advice here, in that Mercury is never more than 28 degrees from the Sun, so it's either in the same sign or an adjacent sign. Venus is never more than 48 degrees from the Sun, so there's a good chance that it too lies either in the same sign as the Sun or an adjacent sign (especially if the Sun is mid-sign).

Also it could be a case of a transit ... if all of a sudden those feeling arise if they were not there before or not prominent .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

Man oh man, you're smart nungali.

This is represented by Moon. it is mapped in glyph within a lower upright triangle with Mars / Venus as the base line ; the polarity of 'passions', psychological drives and components of the Id - "feel more powerful, in an animalistic sort of way. The feeling did have a dark albeit kind of sexy quality to it" ) and Mercury is at the top of the triangle. The triangle and Mercury link to the Sun (conciousness and Solar Ego ) . Mercury is Psychopomp and can access 'Heaven and Hell' and can be a messenger between the worlds. he also relates to intellect, reason and can regulate or modulate the other 3 ( eg. like the diff between a Mars / Venus reaction as opposed to a Mercurial response. It is the focus of regulating the 'co-joining' of Sun and Moon - " bring the light down to this level of consciousness".

This resonates strongly with me.

I am drawn to this hermetic imagery moreso after my event.

It may be past life affinity.

Bright Hermes came to me.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Damn ... wrote a longish answer then lost it by clicking the wrong button.

try again , briefly:

Its more of an Hermetic thing than a Taoist thing ( I think ... ? ... I am not a practitioner of Taoism ) ... but it is in general forum so ....

I am relating the zone you describe as , underworld / unconscious / and perhaps psychologically the Id.

The pathway or channel (direct or otherwise ) can be found by looking at Mercury's aspects in an astrological natal chart, which will show where the 'tendencies' lie.

Cut from another discussion on it:

Nungali: " As far as switches go I would be checking the Mercury regulator. (Mine reflects beneficially off Neptune - thank the Gods ! ) It should not be 'spitting' at Venus. The 'marrying of the two sides' may relate more to your Mars Venus and how Mercury regulates BOTH of them ... then they can surround and support your Moon , then it can link to the Sun through your Mercury (as 'psychopomp'). Co-joining the Sun and Moon is the 'Great Work' after all . "

Response from VERY good professional astrologer (who I thought would poo-poo the idea) :

" There's good advice here, in that Mercury is never more than 28 degrees from the Sun, so it's either in the same sign or an adjacent sign. Venus is never more than 48 degrees from the Sun, so there's a good chance that it too lies either in the same sign as the Sun or an adjacent sign (especially if the Sun is mid-sign).

Also it could be a case of a transit ... if all of a sudden those feeling arise if they were not there before or not prominent .

This is fascinating, thanks very much for sharing this info.

This is actually something that has been an issue for me on and off for awhile when I'm conscious of it. I just realised that I wrote a post on a similar issue some time ago: http://thetaobums.com/topic/30022-feeling-powerful-vs-happy/

In my natal astrology, my Mercury is quincunx Mars and opposite Pluto. Would you say that that the process to take would depend on the planets/aspects involved?

This is fascinating, thanks very much for sharing this info.

This is actually something that has been an issue for me on and off for awhile when I'm conscious of it. I just realised that I wrote a post on a similar issue some time ago: http://thetaobums.com/topic/30022-feeling-powerful-vs-happy/

In my natal astrology, my Mercury is quincunx Mars and opposite Pluto. Would you say that that the process to take would depend on the planets/aspects involved?

Yes, that is what I am saying. For example if one had a bad Mercury Mars aspect ( and I dont consider yours - at this stage * 'bad' - quincunx , can be like being between a rock and a hard place,so it sometimes called a “hard” aspect, meaning it brings challenges but thats how we learn and eventually build a stronger character. Quincunx often presents us with the 'oak or willow' analogy) and a good Mercury Jupiter aspect I would be looking then for the effect Jupiter has on Mars , if Jupiter and Mercury relate well , access the Mercury Mars modifier via Jupiter.

Some people just DONT get this in their life - they are stuck at the front door jangling the keys and complaining that the lock wont work and they cant get in .... while around the back is an open window.

The opposition Pluto might be tricky.

But, as you probably realise , its hard to analyse from the limited info. Its like pool shot .... sometimes one hit reflects and rebounds into others and the others do the same ... a chart needs to be read like that.

• Like 1

I checked that link ... yes, interesting. Thats it.

"This is something I've been thinking about today, or should I say feeling about.

I've noticed that when I consciously feel powerful I can get great things done, people are more inclined to respect what I have to say, be the first to move out of the way while I'm walking down the street and people generally seem to look upon me with favor, which is important in the sales part of my business."

There is the Mars aspect.

"When I consciously feel happy and grateful, I become more sensitive and I notice more beautiful things and feel good, but in a flow kind of way."

And Venus.

"The thing is I haven't been able to combine these two states. When I consciously feel powerful, I loose that feeling of happiness and I relish more in victories. When I feel happy, I feel more at ease and flow but I loose that sense of power. "

yes, this is the see saw or ping-pong effect .... I would see what is happening in Libra for you (could be natal or transit ? )

"They seem to be such different states I'm having trouble combining them."

Mars and Venus are an endless source of 'trouble' :D They are the classic relationship archetype ... even on the mundane interpretation, base relationship, external level, we find couples in trouble can find relief by invoking a third Mercurial partner - a councillor (or worse, a judge) .

"Does this make sense to anyone?"

Certainly ! :)

I always liked this poem (I just put it up in another thread the other day, but I will put it here ... as IMO it is a good example of a strong Mars energy with a good Venus component ( "combining them" );

"This is the day which down the void abysm

At the Earth-born's spell yawns for Heaven's despotism,And Conquest is dragged captive through the deep;Love, from its awful throne of patient powerIn the wise heart, from the last giddy hourOf dead endurance, from the slippery steep,And narrow verge of crag-like agony, springsAnd folds over the world its healing wings.Gentleness, Virtue, Wisdom, and Endurance--These are the seals of that most firm assuranceWhich bars the pit over Destruction's strength;And if, with infirm hand, Eternity,Mother of many acts and hours, should freeThe serpent that would clasp her with his length,These are the spells by which to reassumeAn empire o'er the disentangled doom.To suffer woes which Hope thinks infinite;To forgive wrongs darker than death or night;To defy Power, which seems omnipotent;To love, and bear; to hope till Hope createsFrom its own sreck the thing it contemplates;Neither to change, nor falter, nor repent;This, like thy glory, Titan, is to beGood, great and joyous, beautiful and free;This is alone Life, Joy, Empire, and Victory! "

http://hermetic.com/crowley/the-rites-of-eleusis/mars.html

• Like 1

My Venus is in Pisces and Mars in Scorpio, you'd think they would get along with there being a trine (very wide though). But my Sun is in Aries and Moon is in Pisces which are very different. I'll start having a think about the state of my Mercury and what to do about it. Good ol' Pluto plays a seems to play a big part in the drama in various aspects of my chart.

Nice poem btw. I often read the work of William Mistele, a hermeticist. He's posts some great stuff on his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/williamrmistele

Sign in to follow this