Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

Haha I need something physical to supplement mental training but I understand. When you say mind training, what do you mean specifically.

I understand/like this. Don't worry, I don't intend to be able to KAMEHAMEHA things and have unlimited power. I do however, wish to master myself, expand consciousness, see the truth of things, be happy, and help others.

Mind training is any process thru which one learns to voluntarily bring discipline to the mental workings of the mind. The result of mind training is clarity, wisdom, compassion and equanimity, all of which are the fundamental requisites of true warriorship.

Mind training begins with motive, just like what you have stated above. Its a step in the right direction! :)

What power do you want? The system which would be best for allowing you to heal isn't the same system as would be best for allowing you to practice astral projection, or to have martial power.

That's the point I was making in my first post. You're never going to achieve anything if you can't first decide exactly what it is you want to achieve.

I dislike specialization, as Robert Heinlein said, specialization is for insects. That being said my ultimate goal is to: go deep into meditation at will, lucid dream at will, astral project at will, heal others, control my energy, expand consciousness(I see this as basically seeing the truth in life), and a few other things. Now, I may seem like a glutton for power, but I couldn't really care less for how long this takes because I know that I will achieve this. I just want to know that I'm on the right path, which is why I posted this topic.

Your Zen meditation is a great tool then.

Sweet, I'm doing something right.

Once there was a student that wanted such powers. He asked his master about it and his master told him to take a running jump into the river.

So he did.

And he floated downstream, got into trouble with a rapid and a waterfall and a snapping turtle and ended up in bad state. He was pulled out by a fisherman who asked him what happened. The student told him and fisherman assuming the student quiet mad gave him shelter ... and some employment, and eventually he too became a fisherman.

Then one day the master appeared to him in a vision and told him to take fish to the market and look for the broken wheel. So he did, and saw a wagon there with a broken wheel. He helped the owner fix it and they sold their produce together and made friends and soon were working and travelling together.

And so on .... through various seemingly mundane but different experiences. Gradually the student began to exhibit powers and heal people. He became renown for it and famous and eventually became a saint and the head of a Sufi Order.

This story got out but people didnt like it, so they changed it and made it supernatural and fantasmagorical and full of all sorts of strange practices and meditations. The story above is the (now a ) Master's own account of how he got his powers ... but people prefer their account better.

So the moral of the story is that I should help people... I do that quite often :D

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry at all about not experience anything within only a month, especially practicing on your own. With a decent teacher you can experience some stuff the first time, or within a few months, depending. Still though it takes time and practice.

What sort of abilities or powers specifically were you hoping for?

Healing, you definitely have to be trained by someone qualified or you can really mess up yourself and/or the other person.

• Like 2

I dislike specialization, as Robert Heinlein said, specialization is for insects. That being said my ultimate goal is to: go deep into meditation at will, lucid dream at will, astral project at will, heal others, control my energy, expand consciousness(I see this as basically seeing the truth in life), and a few other things. Now, I may seem like a glutton for power, but I couldn't really care less for how long this takes because I know that I will achieve this. I just want to know that I'm on the right path, which is why I posted this topic.

The time frames below are based on what I have seen, and from what others who I have talked with have said... (others may see things differently). Definitely don't take this as any hard and fast rules, or anything more than a quick wild guess.

Astral projection takes a few years of daily practice of that specifically. Read Robert Bruce. Some people never manage though.

Deep into meditation at will takes about 10 years of daily practice.

Lucid dreaming at will takes about 5 years of writing every single dream down.

Healing, should only be done under a qualified teacher, it takes a few hundred hours of training and practice. I've seen a lot of so called "healers" mess people up pretty badly.

Those are just averages, for the average person with an average amount (but some) natural talent. Though I mean proficiency at each, not mastering them.

Earlier you had mentioned you want something where you can see results in... well apparently around a month or so (since you are frustrated that you can't after a month of practice). I recommend much more patience ;). It is a lifetime of practice.

• Like 2

I was told to get a job and work, work, work.

and it worked :-)

Blessings of Giving service

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Lol :P

The time frames below are based on what I have seen, and from what others who I have talked with have said... (others may see things differently). Definitely don't take this as any hard and fast rules, or anything more than a quick wild guess.

Astral projection takes a few years of daily practice of that specifically. Read Robert Bruce. Some people never manage though.

Deep into meditation at will takes about 10 years of daily practice.

Lucid dreaming at will takes about 5 years of writing every single dream down.

Healing, should only be done under a qualified teacher, it takes a few hundred hours of training and practice. I've seen a lot of so called "healers" mess people up pretty badly.

Those are just averages, for the average person with an average amount (but some) natural talent. Though I mean proficiency at each, not mastering them.

Earlier you had mentioned you want something where you can see results in... well apparently around a month or so (since you are frustrated that you can't after a month of practice). I recommend much more patience ;). It is a lifetime of practice.

Well I wanted lucid dreaming first since that would be the most useful tool. I would be able to meditate in my dreams and practice martial arts and various other teaching while being able to effectively communicate with my subconscious. Perhaps your right in that I need more patience :glare: ... anyway, I will attain all of these eventually, I just wanna make sure I'm on the right path.

• Like 1

By power, I mean able to enter deep meditation states easily, lucid dream/astral project at will and everyday, heal others especially, etc. If so, could you explain in detail how you attained this power. I'm just curios how the people around here stand and as I'm starting all of this energy stuff, I want to have a good foundation and try something that works.

A varied and sundry list of powers. You say you want to heal others 'especially', though, yeah?

I would recommend studying with Michael Lomax for that. Some of his students have been able to perform qi healing after one weekend (three days) of training.

He has a seminar coming up in March.

• Like 1

Another option that requires no practice, no money, minimal outlay, little change in lifestyle and practically no effort.

"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these" John 14:12

Just requires a firm belief !

Blessings of Belief

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

So the moral of the story is that I should help people... I do that quite often :D

No ... I dont see that as the moral of the story ... plenty of people help people but they don't have powers ... look deeper.

• Like 1

Something about trying to gain powers so you can help more people better, instead of just selfishly wanting them seems to make the powers come about more easily or something....

Catch is you have to actually mean it.

• Like 5

Something about trying to gain powers so you can help more people better, instead of just selfishly wanting them seems to make the powers come about more easily or something....

Catch is you have to actually mean it.

If I can fart lightning bolts my block never have to worry about a blackout - does that count?

• Like 1

If I can fart lightning bolts my block never have to worry about a blackout - does that count?

That would sort of hurt wouldn't it?

You could try eating habinero peppers....

By power, I mean able to enter deep meditation states easily, lucid dream/astral project at will and everyday, heal others especially, etc. If so, could you explain in detail how you attained this power. I'm just curios how the people around here stand and as I'm starting all of this energy stuff, I want to have a good foundation and try something that works.

I know meditation is extremely helpful and I do it everyday, but I'm not really seeing any progress with meditation. Yea I'm able to calm my mind, slow my breath almost to a stop, and remember some dreams, but that's it. I sometimes do horse stance and then my body automatically starts reverse breathing and my legs shake, but I'm still not noticing any differences.

I'm curious to see what actually works for people. Please don't say mo pai because I researched this and can't find any reliable information past a certain level. Also the book(The Magus of Java) although a good read, seems exaggerated. Thanks for reading this post and if you have any advice/criticism, please input your thoughts.

What you are calling "power" isn't power.

What you are calling "meditation" isn't meditation.

Don't throw out mo pai because you can't have anything more than the first few levels, already that is more than most westerners can hope to accomplish in their lifetime.

If you want something real, that's where it is at. Virtually everything else is just make believe.

Exaggeration? See for yourself (inside spoiler)

Two years... I mean I'll still meditating two years from now but that's too long for something to happen. How is one supposed to know that they're progressing at all?

You are just spinning your wheels with practices that no one has ever gotten results with, and no one ever will get results with. Just more make believe nonsense. You either want something real or you don't.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 3

im looking forward to a video demo of mo pai power from Mr Gooch. At his convenience of course.

Lets see how much it has manifested in you after all these years of practice.

No more excuses.

• Like 1

im looking forward to a video demo of mo pai power from Mr Gooch. At his convenience of course.

Lets see how much it has manifested in you after all these years of practice.

No more excuses.

You'll be waiting a long time then.

Nothing I could film would convince you of anything, if the videos of Jim and John didn't.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 1

You'll be waiting a long time then.

Nothing I could film would convince you of anything, if the videos of Jim and John didn't.

What? Not even a fraction of tangibility after all these years of practice? Then how are you in the position to judge the lack in other systems and paths?

Lets not go down the road of flashing 'teachers' about. Not interested. Serves no useful purpose.

You are the one making the claims. Back them up yourself.

• Like 2

What? Not even a fraction of tangibility after all these years of practice? Then how are you in the position to judge the lack in other systems and paths?

Lets not go down the road of flashing 'teachers' about. Not interested. Serves no useful purpose.

You are the one making the claims. Back them up yourself.

I could offer no better evidence at this point than the videos of JC and Jim. That is why I offer that as evidence for the system's effectiveness.

Even then 99% of people here will plug their ears, close their eyes and make excuses as to why it cannot be real.

That is not to say I haven't experienced (or documented) anything myself, only that I don't talk about it.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 2

I could offer no better evidence at this point than the videos of JC and Jim. That is why I offer that as evidence for the system's effectiveness.

Even then 99% of people here will plug their ears, close their eyes and make excuses as to why it cannot be real.

That is not to say I haven't experienced anything myself, only that I don't talk about it.

If you dont talk about it, you cannot on the same note cry foul when people choose to ignore third party evidence, which is usually just sales pitch to make more money. Usually, not always though. I accept some could be genuine, but as mentioned, not interested in whose teacher has more power than whose.

Im interested in your demo, if you have developed even a fraction of what you claim the system can offer.

Fairly certain the majority of people here accept that Mo Pai is a valid system. They just don't reach the same conclusions from that as you do.

• Like 2

Im interested in your demo, if you have developed even a fraction of what you claim the system can offer.

I do not believe anything I could record even if my abilities exceeded JC's would convince you of anything, nor anyone else here.

ignore third party evidence, which is usually just sales pitch to make more money.

John never charged any of his students a dime, nor any patients.

Jim never charged me a dime.

I've never charged anyone anything.

• Like 2

Fairly certain the majority of people here accept that Mo Pai is a valid system. They just don't reach the same conclusions from that as you do.

Valid system in the same way Reiki is a valid system? Yeah I can see your point there.

We just have different definitions of what valid is.

I do not believe anything I could record even if my abilities exceeded JC's would convince you of anything, nor anyone else here.

John never charged any of his students a dime, nor any patients.

Jim never charged me a dime.

I've never charged anyone anything.

I think there may be too much emphasis put on the 'urge to convince'. Before that can happen, a proponent of a valid system must first prime the ground so that minds can at least open to possibilities that there is indeed some credibility to what has been claimed. A primer must always precede any proper paint work. Thats what i am thinking. Both are equally vital. Problem is, most people are only keen to see whats on the surface.

I think there may be too much emphasis put on the 'urge to convince'. Before that can happen, a proponent of a valid system must first prime the ground so that minds can at least open to possibilities that there is indeed some credibility to what has been claimed. A primer must always precede any proper paint work. Thats what i am thinking. Both are equally vital. Problem is, most people are only keen to see whats on the surface.

Either they see the videos and decide to investigate the practice for themselves or they don't.

If they want to plug their ears, cover their eyes, and scream "neener neener neener... I'm not listening" more power to them.

Either they see the videos and decide to investigate the practice for themselves or they don't.

If they want to plug their ears, cover their eyes, and scream "neener neener neener... I'm not listening" more power to them.

Just watching a few videos sound a bit simplistic, for me anyway. I am not going to try anything based on watching some video, especially not something which can be found in the public domain.

If its a private video sent from a source i trust, then thats different. Even then, there is a need for discernment. There is a lot of fluff out there.

For example, in the Kalu Rinpoche video i posted in the Buddhist forum, he said it took him several years to finally come to acknowledge and trust his root guru. And this is someone who was with him everyday during his early years as a novice! This is the proper way to enter into fruitful student/master relationship, imo. He gave some more good advice in that talk pertaining to this matter.

Edited by C T

Valid system in the same way Reiki is a valid system? Yeah I can see your point there.

We just have different definitions of what valid is.

Lol.

I don't know enough about Reiki to properly judge it one way or the other, although I get the impression that it's probably nonsense.

The problem isn't that we have different definitions of validity, it's that you think the only requirements for a system to be valid should be your own. Any system which actually delivers what it promises is valid, after that it just comes down to what someone wants out of practice. If they want superpowers and spiritual immortality, then Mo Pai is probably a good bet. If they want something else (or just don't want to give up sex and multiple hours of every day), it isn't going to be much use for them.

Edited by Aeran