Sign in to follow this  
C T

Pointers on the Path ~ Kalu Rinpoche

His first 2 sentences definitely impressed me! :) OK I'll watch the rest...

yeah, Kalu Rinpoche is quite cool as the complete anti-stereotypical idea people have of how Tibetan lamas always project this overbearing stature where everyone is expected to kowtow to them.

(Ralis is a prime example)

• Like 2

Hm, looks like someone finally taught him meditation :D

Thanks for posting :)

Edited by Yascra

Great clip!

Beautiful to see such a precocious young master speaking with such candor and sincerity.

This is tregchod - cutting through bullshit.

• Like 2

"The current state of your mind is the basic foundation of the practice".

Fantastic. A brilliant teacher. Really telling it as it is.

• Like 2

When he says that he's expereinced what everyone else is going through he's not bullshitting. He's been through some terrible times to get to where he is today:

• Like 4

Thanks, guys!!! Reading warm words in the morning sets the tone for the whole day! ;)

Rinpoche really speaks directly to the heart, as Steve said, cuts all the bs. A rarity indeed.

• Like 2

When he says that he's expereinced what everyone else is going through he's not bullshitting. He's been through some terrible times to get to where he is today:

:) Rinpoche has real world experiences. Sexual abuse, drugs, alcohol, depression, the whole gamut of emotional turmoils. I'd say there is hardly one teacher on the circuit today who have had a similar exposure to life that Rinpoche had. The clip clearly shows he has captured and also pacified his inner tormentors.

• Like 1

:) Rinpoche has real world experiences. Sexual abuse, drugs, alcohol, depression, the whole gamut of emotional turmoils. I'd say there is hardly one teacher on the circuit today who have had a similar exposure to life that Rinpoche had. The clip clearly shows he has captured and also pacified his inner tormentors.

That would explain some things, from my perspective anyways. Those with the strongest talent are the ones who have had to overcome a lot.

• Like 5

<Snip>

According to his recent public utterances, Kalu has this idea in mind. Instead of urging his followers into the study and long retreats essential to serious Tibetan Buddhist practice, he asks them to be kind to each other and to take care of the poor and the needy. He often talks about love and insists that he is just an ordinary person doing his best to lead a good life.

Young Kalu demonstrated his moral fibre shortly after he first arrived in France to check out the meditation centres set up by old Kalu. He discovered that one of them had been taken over by a group of corrupt Bhutanese monks, who were breaking their vows and wallowing in self-indulgence. Most of the French Buddhists who had supported the centre for many years had fled in disgust and the place was no longer functional. Horrified and distressed, Kalu ordered the monks to leave. They refused to acknowledge his authority and were only persuaded to return to Bhutan after Kalu enlisted backup from Tai Situ Rinpoche, the senior lama of his lineage.

<snip>

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/mar/09/youtube-confessional-buddhist-kalu-rinpoche

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2012/mar/09/youtube-confessional-buddhist-kalu-rinpoche

Good Luck, Prayers and Happiness to him :wub:

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this