Jayem

Too much Qi in Middle Dantian / Qi Blockage

Thank you for your time,

Recently i have become sick and have felt a tremendous amout of pressure on my chest. Iv'e also recently came to an understanding that Holding my breath so much during cultivation may be the cause of this. I've Been Standing Zhan Zhuang for 15-25 mins daily, along with if i orgasm i hold my seed in from the million dollar spot. Im starting to think i have become entirely way too yang, as i have also been lifting heavy weights daily before i got sick. My Trouble is this .. i feel stuck with a lump of Qi in My solar Plexus this entire week and the more i try to relax it, it gets stronger in pressure. The pressure Works its way up to my heart, its starting to worry me and cause my shen to be overexcited/emotional. My questions to the reader are as follows:

1. Should I Stop Holding the million dollar point during an orgasm ? ( have had past troubles of hemorrhoids when it caused too much pressure)

2. Is There any way i can clear this blockage ? and or is it just pressure there because of my recent sickness working its way into my lungs.

-- My only conclusion so far is that i was taking way too deep of breaths and holding them way too long. "The Root Of Chinese QiGong" has helped me see that there is a time and place for holding breath and it should be used sparingly. I made it part of my daily Ritual as well as during a peek orgasm i found myself holding my breath because naturally the Qi would build up by far more.

--Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, Im a big noob when it comes to forums.. i mainly read them.

Thanks, Justin

Holding the million dollar point will seriously hurt you. Also i recommend you find an experienced teacher and stop doing forced practices like holding ones breath. Zhang Zhuang is a great practice by the way.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Thank you for your time,

Recently i have become sick and have felt a tremendous amout of pressure on my chest. Iv'e also recently came to an understanding that Holding my breath so much during cultivation may be the cause of this. I've Been Standing Zhan Zhuang for 15-25 mins daily, along with if i orgasm i hold my seed in from the million dollar spot. Im starting to think i have become entirely way too yang, as i have also been lifting heavy weights daily before i got sick. My Trouble is this .. i feel stuck with a lump of Qi in My solar Plexus this entire week and the more i try to relax it, it gets stronger in pressure. The pressure Works its way up to my heart, its starting to worry me and cause my shen to be overexcited/emotional. My questions to the reader are as follows:

1. Should I Stop Holding the million dollar point during an orgasm ? ( have had past troubles of hemorrhoids when it caused too much pressure)

2. Is There any way i can clear this blockage ? and or is it just pressure there because of my recent sickness working its way into my lungs.

-- My only conclusion so far is that i was taking way too deep of breaths and holding them way too long. "The Root Of Chinese QiGong" has helped me see that there is a time and place for holding breath and it should be used sparingly. I made it part of my daily Ritual as well as during a peek orgasm i found myself holding my breath because naturally the Qi would build up by far more.

--Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, Im a big noob when it comes to forums.. i mainly read them.

Thanks, Justin

First of all, you cannot hold your breath longer than the system allows. Secondly, you should not hold your breath in the middle dan tian but the lower dan tian. Thirdly, orgasm without ejaculation may cause gas in your stomach which builds up pressure against your chest and heart.

The correct way to breathe in Chi Kung is by sunken Chi to the lower dan tian not the middle dan tian. I understand that by holding the million dollar point will only prolong the erection rather than causing any pressure build up. The pressure buildup was by the gas in the stomach as mentioned above.

During weight lifting, you should focus your breath in the lower dan tian not in the chest.

• Like 2

Release breathing, grounding and relaxation would be my choice in your spot...

I had a similar incident happen in my throat chakra about a year ago.

I stopped all 'intentional' cultivation and it cleared up in a week.

I found swimming and walking to help.

• Like 1

Hey , Thanks for the tips !..

Ive Been Trying everything i can , I still have this ton of pressure right on my chest . The Pressure is actually right around where i have a large incision from having 5 ribs removed when i was 18 . Could the Qi pressure build up be there because of poor circulation due to scar tissue under the skin ? Ive delt with alot of pain way back a few years ago when i first started doing Zhang Zhuang. Came to the conclusion way back then that i was re-living my scar/ injury , as many books describe u may encounter. Dont know if this is just maybe a reoccuring episode from way back that i have to just live through, or malpractice. Id love to find a Qigong master but living in Canada, im sure it would be hard . Lately ive been concentrating my Yi and shen on my nose and just focusing on the breath and letting the chest relax .. The mere glimpse of a thought "my chest is finally relaxing " tenses it right back up. Any input is greatly appreciated.

ps. Another wierd coincidence is that my heart burn has been worse then ever the last few months ..

Justin.

Edited by Jayem

Jayem, mixing sexual practices and qigong is a recipe for causing potential problems, as is messing around with concentrating and breathing in different ways in qigong and meditation. When qi is working its way through an area in which a person has had an injury, it can cause pressure and pain, but this could also be caused by qi imbalances or blockages in general, or just some other unrelated health or physical condition. My recommendation would be to stop the potentially harmful practices and find a more natural way to practice, preferably under the guidance of a teacher. Assuming you have the means, you could possibly travel to a workshop somewhere if you wanted to consult a qigong teacher, if you don't know of any good qigong teachers in your area. Have you gone for a checkup with a doctor to make sure everything is OK from that angle?

Edited by NotVoid

There's this basic qigong move that will likely help...

Palms facing upward, out at your sides, inhale and they raise up to above your head and slightly forward. At the end of the inhale, have the palms facing down...as if you've flipped over and cupped some clouds into your hands that you are about to draw down. Exhale and the palms face your body and travel downward till they are in front of your belly. At the end of the exhale, turn the palms upward. Now it's as if your hands have drawn the clouds down through you, and you relax. Repeat over and over for like 10 minutes at a time. More is not needed. The cloud idea isn't necessary to visualize or anything...it's just a way of describing the hand movement...all that's important is moving the hands with the breath in the basic way described. It should help within a day or two...if not, then it's not the right method for your particular problem.

ps. Another wierd coincidence is that my heart burn has been worse then ever the last few months

Had the same myself.When qi rises it carries the stomach acid upwards,especially if you have a hiatus hernia or weak LES.I have a hiatus hernia,an old martial arts injury,and often find stomach acid rising with qi.Its hardly any different to the way that blood will follow qi.

There is no need to play around with the breath when practicing zhan zhuang.Depending on the method its best to lightly rest the mind in the lower abdomen and let the breath take care of itself.

A couple of relevant links below. (The million $ point is acknowledged by *every*one as being a *really* bad thing to do, but books still get sold promoting its' use.)

1. Healing Tao cautions. (TTBs thread accessible to members only)

2. Essential reading external link: (available to anyone on the www) Essays/posts by 5 different Healing Tao instructors cautioning about the "Healing Love" and "Iron Shirt 1: Packing Breathing" practices within that system.

I suggest that you find a local dr of Chinese medicine and get regular acupuncture to clear up this situation. (Herbs might help secondarily, but acupuncture is much more on target for your situation.) You're out of your depth, and out of the depth of advice from amateurs over the internet, to solve. The sooner the better.

As far as things you can do on your own to assist: cardiovascular exercise (running, swimming, biking) and stretching with gentle breathing (hatha yoga) will assist ... but most probably will not be enough to solve this alone.

- Trunk

• Like 1