Sign in to follow this  
nestentrie

The Tao Bums Chatroom

Does anyone actually use it?

I believe when i first registered (when i couldn't make posts in any other forum but the lobby) i tried it out. No one was there.

Now I'm about 40 posts in, have read and seen a lot of the activity that goes on and would like to get to know the people here a bit more (without making a prickish imbecile of myself through inane posts)...

I tried it again and no one was there.

Is there a Universal Time I should be looking out for? Are Americans (for instance) the main users? Or is my first question the most to the point? (no one uses it)

I have never been there. I have heard a few people say that they have used it. I guess there just isn't much need for it considering the openness of the forum.

But yeah, you and I live on opposite sides of the planet and I don't talk much when I am sleeping (when you are awake and wanting to talk).

It's best to start a thread saying you're in the chat. Hang out for a little while and usually someone will join you.

Exactly, literally start a new post in the General session saying 'Heading to Chat, Want to talk?'. then stay there for a while waiting. Sometimes I'll even Personal Message a person that I know, 'Hey I'm in Chat, wanna join me?' Otherwise people aren't aware there's anyone is the Chat room,

Its not always easy getting a group into chat, but its usually worth it.

• Like 1

There is another thread in the off topic section regarding the chat. A few of us have used it to tell others whether we were in the chat or not, maybe search it up using the search function and just bump it if you feel lucky :) I usually just hang out in there and some people join the chat after a little bit of waiting.

I personally would sometimes go to the chat room and just hang out for a while as I browsed the threads to see if anyone ever wanted to have a conversation, and I would get one every now and again, but they were rather few and far between, so I stopped frequenting it so much.

What I did yesterday was open another window and logged into Chat while remaining on the forum in the other. I made a comment to Jeff in Chat and continued reading threads and switching to Chat periodically until Jeff responded.

But yes, we should announce that we will be hanging out in Chat for a while just in case there is anyone around who would like to BS with us.

Also, at Forum Home Page at the bottom there is an announcement state how many members are in the Chat at any given time.

• Like 1

I suppose it'll be good to start using this thread more for using the chat. In that case, I'll be in the chat room for a while.

Edited by Unlearner

Oh go on then, I've poked my head into chat tonight.

Be warned, I am very shy.

Like the Squonk.

If you say mean things I shall dissolve in a puddle of tears.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

I will try leaving the chat up, it kicks out after an inactive timer.

So, I might be around.

If you can bear it.

I may give out occult secrets for free/ramble inanely.

Or much worse.

Who knows?

I'm in chat, on my own.

Poor lonely Squonk.

No doubt you are all out partying hard, this being saturday night and all...

But I'm a hermit.

cue song from steve hackett's voyage of the acolyte...

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Saturday night? More like 1:18pm when you did that post. I'm busy with some magic tho ;).

How about you guys plan some chat times/days ahead of time?

Sign in to follow this