Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Fun ways to ground yourself into reality

Get yourself used to bright light. Then, turn off the light and start moving around like a ninja, slowly, carefully. Before your eyes even adjust to the dark...extend yourself outwards into other senses besides vision. When vision returns, don't rely on it...instead, attenuate it and use other senses primarily hearing and somatic, but eventually you will want to attenuate even these and learn to move by smell alone. Taste? Well...that one would be interesting.

Before you comment, please try it at least once!

Then come back and report your findings. I await your descriptions of the memories of your perceptive experiences with excitement! When I think about it that is....

This sounds similar to my "Matt Murdoch Meditations."

Otherwise known as, "put this blast helmet on."

I find my staff turning exercises are more fluid, less prone to error, done blind.

But given that my characters typically have eyes, I never thought blind fighting a useful feat.

I guess it expands the consciousness though.

And the visual function can be deceptive.

Things ain't always what they appear to be.

on edit: i've just referenced comic books, sci fi, and fantasy rp in a thread titled what? Ha ha ha. And they say I can't tell the difference...

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

I don't often like the expression 'you need to get out more', but here, I think you at least need to be a little bit less impetuous. I mean, this is a message forum, not facebook IM with your friends.

My bad if i'm exaggerating the inanity here.

Also try standing on one foot with your eyes closed...or bicycling with your eyes closed with someone else cycling alongside you to make sure you don't crash..

I'm not brave enough to close my eyes when biking, but on walks I'll close them for as long as I'm feeling safe and staying on the side walk. Its a good practice, wakes up the senses. You walk better afterwards.

Walking meditation where you move slower, feel each step, empty the mind and open up the other senses is pretty good too. Not doing enough walking this winter.

Sign in to follow this