BaguaKicksAss

What would you tell a student?

The what would you ask a master thread gave me the idea for this thread.

So just say that for some reason someone thought that you in particular had the info/experience/teachings that would most benefit them. Then say they spent a few months salary to get to you somehow (and/or pay for your teachings if you charge).

Further just say they weren't the type to ask questions, even when prompted.

There is also a good chance you will likely not train them more than this one trip. So you want to make sure to get the info across to them that you think would benefit someone the most.

What would you tell them?

What would you teach them?

• Like 3

Seems hard to answer without background info and what it IS you are or I am teaching? Surely who / what they are at /up to is significant.

So I will assume they know what I have been teaching. If it was Hermetics it would be a run down on my Psychological / Astrological Tree, including drawing up the diagram of the Tree, as basic introductory to the process of 'know thyself'.

If it was Martial Arts; a beginner would be basic evasive movement and a few escapes, advanced would be a little workshop on the two types of inherited 'traditions' from Okinawa ; temple and family styles. Kobudo ; beginner basic probably jo as a mid range weapon with a shaft (to get used to that as an intro to other shafted weapons). Advanced ; the 3 karma and 3 sai kata from Hohan Soken (because they are fairly rare and a few have already expressed a desire to learn them. )

So .... urrrgggghh ... I suppose , in some cases basic foundation stuff and in other cases something one has a speciality in.

My answers to the other post (what would I ask the Master) I would hope be asked of me; first, would you like to sit inside or outside? Second , would you like a drink or something to eat . [ This and other simple considerations, and attitudes can make a world of difference to what one is taught .... for example, by an elder ;) ]

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I would give them the skeleton and let them add the flesh.

What this means is you give them the plans and they build the temple.

What that means is that you teach them how to captain their own ship, by describing the duties of every sailor.

What that means is that if one were to build a pyramid, one would need a chief architect (that's you BGKA - the teacher), the student is the Pharaoh - they are the person who sees what they want done, but doesn't know how to build it. The slaves are the days of work they must put in.

• Like 3

Freedom is right there, wherever you are.

Boundaries are only imagined, there are none.

Quit being afraid, quit imagining there are all these things you have to do to get to an imagined paradise.

Paradise and you have never been separated. Whatever you think and do creates this illusion of a split, which then creates an illusion of self and a path, which then creates a need, which then creates a cause, which then creates an effect, which then creates the grand illusion of leading a purposeful life, which then creates the illusion of security, which then creates the illusion that finally you have cracked the immortality code, which then causes arrogance, which then causes insecurity, which leads to needing verification, which leads to more searching, which leads to bigger splits, which leads to more paths manifesting, which leads to greater needs for confirmation whether what you found is really the right code, which leads to more insecurity, which leads to greater arrogance (since arrogance and self-centredness is inseparably based on delusion), which leads to wastage, which leads to confusion, which leads to ignorance, which then leads to repeats of the whole cycle again and again, like a hamster running inside a wheel.

When you are finally tired of running, of searching, go home, and mind your breathing. Watch each breath with wonder. One day, one of these will be your last. This is an inescapable fact. What will you do then? This is ALL you need to establish. Right at that moment, what will you do? All the mastery of knowledge and energy you think you have acquired in so many years of practice culminates at that point ~ what will you do? Live aware each moment the closeness of life and death. The union of expansion and contraction, the cycle of arising form and receding emptiness. There is no mystery. The secret is there, in each breath. In and out, in and out.....

• Like 2

Depends on the person, their interest, motivation, background and experience.

But it's a nice idea, maybe I'll make a chart for some options :)

Ideas are free and can be gotten anywhere.

The physical presence of a teacher is a chance for demonstrating those things which cannot be demonstrated in two-dimensional worlds.

One of the more important things is to correct form. A youtube video or book cannot see from that perspective of 'other,' which you can.

Your knowledge of body mechanics, Kinesiology and posture assessments must be exemplary. This is one of the most important aspects of being a teacher of martial arts. Everything else can be texted, emailed, etc.

If you would like advice on how to conduct a thorough posture assessment, gait analysis and more I can be of assistance. I don't mind writing an article on this topic in fact. How soon is your student coming?

What would you tell them?

What would you teach them?

I'll teach a couple of Mopai levels, I'll recommend to write on taobums about their visionary experiences and complement that with quotations from The Magus of Java and The Lord of The Rings.

Then, I'll teach that women are evil and they want to get sexual energy from males.

If time allows, I'll prepare some weird theory about the dan tien as the center of the cosmos and the chakras spinning around as planets.

For a couple of them, I'll set a non-duality philosophy so that they can challenge dzongchenpas and vedantins on the board.

But the MOST important teaching beyond words, will be a secret for everyone

post-19224-Fuck-This-Fuck-That-Fuck-Thos

:D :D

:D

• Like 9

Ideas are free and can be gotten anywhere.

The physical presence of a teacher is a chance for demonstrating those things which cannot be demonstrated in two-dimensional worlds.

One of the more important things is to correct form. A youtube video or book cannot see from that perspective of 'other,' which you can.

Your knowledge of body mechanics, Kinesiology and posture assessments must be exemplary. This is one of the most important aspects of being a teacher of martial arts. Everything else can be texted, emailed, etc.

If you would like advice on how to conduct a thorough posture assessment, gait analysis and more I can be of assistance. I don't mind writing an article on this topic in fact. How soon is your student coming?

I don't have any new students coming, fortunately. Well actually I love teaching martial arts. I really do not enjoy teaching magic at all though however. From my experience alone I would say martial artists are far more humble and actually got that bit about empty your teacup. Magicians not so much. Though I have had teacher friends inform me that I've just been lucky LOLOLOL.

I guess I should add my answers below :).

I'll teach a couple of Mopai levels, I'll recommend to write on taobums about their visionary experiences and complement that with quotations from The Magus of Java and The Lord of The Rings.

Then, I'll teach that women are evil and they want to get sexual energy from males.

If time allows, I'll prepare some weird theory about the dan tien as the center of the cosmos and the chakras spinning around as planets.

For a couple of them, I'll set a non-duality philosophy so that they can challenge dzongchenpas and vedantins on the board.

But the MOST important teaching beyond words, will be a secret for everyone

post-19224-Fuck-This-Fuck-That-Fuck-Thos

:D :D

:D

ROFL

• Like 1

I would say:

"What the fuck are you doing here?

I have nothing to give."

Then I would hit them on the head with a stick and close the door.

Oh, and what Dao Rain Tao said.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

1. Practice every single day that you are physical capable (if you can't make it to your front door to get the mail, take a day off FFS lol). Your personal practice, using decent exercises will teach someone more than I ever could. At least half an hour to an hour per day.

2. Get an in person teacher (obviously it wouldn't be me over and over since according to my OP that is quite the overpriced option).

3. Stick to one path for at least 5 years; furthermore don't mix and match and jumble paths during or after that.

4. Focus on rooting and grounding, 24X7 if you can. (you wouldn't beleive how many folks end up with messed up energy by not doing this).

5. Pick a Deity, the one you feel most connected with, and connect with them 24X7.

6. Do works (for free) for others out of compassion or unconditional love. (PS don't whine about it).

If a martial arts/gigong student

a. Move from LDT only, do not move an arm or a leg EVER, they only move because you moved from your LDT, never independently. Then I would show them how to actually move from the LDT, a proper vs not as proper version of each movement.

b. Put roots into the ground, now walk.

c. Sink, sink lower.

d. It is all about alignment and angles; would give several examples which involve pushing and hitting them (lightly if they don't like this aspect of IMA).

e. Everything which works best to hurt or harm (or avoid such things for that matter) also conveniently works best for health and healing.

f. Twist, twist more, twist even some more.

g. Torque lots, but stay 100% relaxed at the same time.

h. Those "warmups" you hate are actually the good shit, the rest is just to keep your ego entertained so we can get you coming back for the warmups.

i. If you can do 20 reps of these without exhaustion, you are likely doing it wrong.

j. It's a back weighted system.

If for magic

a. You are new to this, everything you think you perceive, see and hear, is not all going to be right.

b. No, you can't master this stuff in a year or two.

c. If I wanted you to teach me magic, I would have flown to visit you, not the other way around.

d. Read Agrippa.

e. Read the grimoires.

f. Meditate daily, every single day for half an hour to an hour.

g. Practice the other stuff daily as well.

h. You don't have free time? Throw out the TV, and spend less time on the internet. I call BS on your lack of time thing unless you are a single parent with at least 2 kids.

i. Only practice one system at a time for the first 5-10 years.

j. Don't teach others until you have been doing this stuff for 5 years; people have been known to go insane from this stuff, you do not know enough before then to teach. Don't be irresponsible.

k. You want to curse people? Suuuuure, go ahead. My rates for undoing the crap that hit you instead of your target is $200 per hour.

l. Immortality teachings? Go fuck yourself, I barely know you.

m. Physical manifestation of Daemons? If you want to be entertained go see a movie, otherwise get to work and STFU.

n. Complete the Abramelin working. No this is not optional. What you don't have 6-18 months you can plan ahead for and dedicate to this? Oh, my mistake, I thought you took this stuff seriously. What have you spent the last 6-18 months doing? Oh PS you would learn more than 6-18 months than in 10-20 years.

o. Why exactly are you wanting to train with me/my path in particular? Spend the next month contemplating this, you will learn a lot about yourself.

p. Do lots of inner work to find and remove your past internal crap. Oh you have already done this and have none left? ROFL that's rich. Perhaps the Buddha would like some lessons from you.

• Like 7

Oh Mar-vell-ous Capitan (said in spanish accent)

What if the student was a young attractive female, single, highly available and flirtatious ?

Blessings of finding the right student

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Uhm don't most paths forbid getting together with students? Or making students really uncomfortable from to many advances? Though I could perhaps recommend a couple of paths where this isn't a requirement, if necessary....

LOL.

• Like 1

Hi there :)

3. Stick to one path for at least 5 years; furthermore don't mix and match and jumble paths during or after that.

Hm, I'd add: AFTER some trial phase and extremely careful analysis of that path.

If I wouldn't have changed paths after examination for some months several times during the last 3 years I would now be busy with cursing people, training myself to kill animals without feeling pity or mercy and would spend my time manipulating and systemically hurting or destroying people, not to forget "exploring the dark side of the kabbalah" lol

So that's okay as an instruction AFTER you have carefully examined a path. But sticking to something detrimental although you already now that it is, is a direct ticket to hell, I suppose, and one of the worst things you could ever do on your way.

• Like 2

Hi there :)

Hm, I'd add: AFTER some trial phase and extremely careful analysis of that path.

If I wouldn't have changed paths after examination for some months several times during the last 3 years I would now be busy with cursing people, training myself to kill animals without feeling pity or mercy and would spend my time manipulating and systemically hurting or destroying people, not to forget "exploring the dark side of the kabbalah" lol

So that's okay as an instruction AFTER you have carefully examined a path. But sticking to something detrimental although you already now that it is, is a direct ticket to hell, I suppose, and one of the worst things you could ever do on your way.

Since you would have given up that particular path in lieu of another one, I'd say it still stands. In this case you aren't trying to do two paths at once (which is the problem), you just found out that the path wasn't right for you in particular... (hey I happen to like Vodoun if that is the one you mean lol). PS hope you did some un-initiation and ties breaking rituals.

Leaving if someone doesn't feel right is good. Though leaving a new path each time it gets difficult is not (in case anyone gets the wrong idea).

• Like 1

I would tell my student;

Sincere words are not fine; fine words are not sincere. Those
who are skilled (in the Tao) do not dispute (about it); the
disputatious are not skilled in it. Those who know (the Tao) are not
extensively learned; the extensively learned do not know it.

The sage does not accumulate (for himself). The more that he
expends for others, the more does he possess of his own; the more that
he gives to others, the more does he have himself.

With all the sharpness of the Way of Heaven, it injures not; with
all the doing in the way of the sage he does not strive.

and follow it with;

Abstaining from speech marks him who is obeying the spontaneity
of his nature. A violent wind does not last for a whole morning; a
sudden rain does not last for the whole day. To whom is it that these
(two) things are owing? To Heaven and Earth. If Heaven and Earth
cannot make such (spasmodic) actings last long, how much less can man!

Therefore when one is making the Tao his business, those who are
also pursuing it, agree with him in it, and those who are making the
manifestation of its course their object agree with him in that; while
even those who are failing in both these things agree with him where
they fail.

Hence, those with whom he agrees as to the Tao have the happiness
of attaining to it; those with whom he agrees as to its manifestation
have the happiness of attaining to it; and those with whom he agrees
in their failure have also the happiness of attaining (to the Tao).
(But) when there is not faith sufficient (on his part), a want of
faith (in him) ensues (on the part of the others).

• Like 1

hope you did some un-initiation and ties breaking rituals.

Hm, I'm doing general ties-breaking practice, and got some help from others to solve some things.

Concerning ritual stuff for this purpose I know mainly New-Age-approaches, and I'm not willing to practice things of which I know that they are based on ignorance, superstition and lack of experience. So - no, though I agree it might be helpful in some cases.

But in general things are getting better at the moment.

Edited by Yascra

Well for one thing Id tell them that they are the ones who want change and therefore they need to look at their attitudes and decide what it is they really want, and what it is they are really doing.

The restrictions they are presenting to me , such as the reluctance to ask questions , the time constraint etc are things which they created and also the type obstacles they present to themselves not just to me.

Its their own attitudes which provide both the direction of their path and the problems they defeat themselves with. ( Its same basic message as Buddha taught - you tend to make yourself unhappy)

One needs to accept what reality has presented and presents , which includes yourself, includes your potential and flaws,, and includes your abilities motivations and dreams which are what can change the world you live in.

Without this acceptance , they will always be climbing uphill with one hand behind their back.

If they can soak that in rather than blow it off as mumbo jumbo , then they can be taught ,, though they'd need it less... if at all.

• Like 1

I don't have any new students coming, fortunately. Well actually I love teaching martial arts. I really do not enjoy teaching magic at all though however. From my experience alone I would say martial artists are far more humble and actually got that bit about empty your teacup. Magicians not so much. Though I have had teacher friends inform me that I've just been lucky LOLOLOL.

I guess I should add my answers below :).

haha...but what about the combo magician-martial artists, such as moi? lol

If they can soak that in rather than blow it off as mumbo jumbo , then they can be taught ,, though they'd need it less... if at all.

Mumbo Jumbo, it's always about the mumbo jumbo. :D

• Like 1